watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham postponement

Started by PaulJ123, December 29, 2020, 05:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Time to catch up on old matches, and FIFA 20.

Mince n Tatties

Same report from the paper isn't it?
Game still goes ahead according to Sky.
Could be called off yet I suppose.

Barrett487

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 29, 2020, 05:59:39 PM
I tested positive myself today. Was hoping for football to ease the isolation boredom boooooooo
Good luck with it RS, i wonder how many of the fold have contracted it. Only mild symptoms i hope?

KJS

Time to stop football at all levels whilst the current increase in cases continues

Arthur

Having been expecting to watch us play tomorrow night, I will be disappointed if the match is postponed. If it goes ahead, however, I may, when I see the starting XI, be wishing it had.

Bassey the warrior

To be safe and reduce the R rate, we should postpone all games until start of February.

That this is after the transfer window is mere coincidence,  definitely nothing to do with us needing to sign a striker.

Mince n Tatties

EFL looking at postponements.
League 1 teams have a lot of Covid.

Slaphead in Qatar

It's being reported everywhere now - I think the game will be postponed.

I just hope we are not without key players for the next few games which do go ahead.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 29, 2020, 08:14:00 PM
To be safe and reduce the R rate, we should postpone all games until start of February.

That this is after the transfer window is mere coincidence,  definitely nothing to do with us needing to sign a striker.

Well hopefully Mitro will get fit and up and running properly by start of Feb.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 29, 2020, 07:47:03 PM
Same report from the paper isn't it?
Game still goes ahead according to Sky.
Could be called off yet I suppose.

Sky now reporting game as doubtful

?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Arthur

18 of 1,479 P.L. players and staff tested positive in the latest round. That's only just over 1% of the group. Postponing all P.L. matches to keep those involved safer may have some merit (although the vast majority of footballers seem to suffer little-or-no ill-effects themselves). With regard to the suspension of football helping to bring down the rate of infection throughout the country: I think the difference it would make to the 'R' rate would be somewhere between negligible and non-existent.

Arthur

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 29, 2020, 08:33:25 PM
It's being reported everywhere now - I think the game will be postponed.

The authorities will know how many players have tested positive. If it's too many, the game will, I think, be postponed tonight. Unless they're planning to test the players again in the morning, there's nothing more can be learned that would make it necessary to wait until tomorrow to make a decision.

copthornemike

A statement from the PL on their rationale for the late postponement of the Everton v Man City game would be helpful.
As I understand it a number of positive tests for the City squad in the morning & a series of positive tests in the days before the match. If so there was a likelihood of infected City players who would test positive in following days so potentially putting the Everton squad at risk.
If so sounds a sensible decision but PL should have kept Everton informed in my opinion!
I guess if we have more players testing positive tomorrow (FFC routinely tested twice a week being in Tier 4) then would be reasonable to postpone.

Finnans Right Peg

I tested positive myself today. Was hoping for football to ease the isolation boredom boooooooo

Finnans Right Peg

FFC1987

Just in recovery stages ourselves. Luckily we're youngish with no health issues and an 18 month old in same bracket. Look after yourself and just take it easy.

Twig

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 29, 2020, 09:50:34 PM

Just in recovery stages ourselves. Luckily we're youngish with no health issues and an 18 month old in same bracket. Look after yourself and just take it easy.

Best wishes to all of you, both for an immediate recovery and no longer term after effects.

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on December 29, 2020, 08:40:37 PM

18 of 1,479 P.L. players and staff tested positive in the latest round. That's only just over 1% of the group. Postponing all P.L. matches to keep those involved safer may have some merit (although the vast majority of footballers seem to suffer little-or-no ill-effects themselves). With regard to the suspension of football helping to bring down the rate of infection throughout the country: I think the difference it would make to the 'R' rate would be somewhere between negligible and non-existent.

This

Andyb

Anguissa kebano kamara lemina and tc have it