watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham postponement

Started by PaulJ123, December 29, 2020, 05:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

To put the issue into perspective the players themselves should be fine due to their age (statistically speaking) but just say an older member of staff, eg older managers such as Roy Hodgson, were to be infected?
Could literally end up as a matter of life or death!!!!
We love our footy but some things really are more important.

copthornemike

Quote from: Andyb on December 29, 2020, 11:07:39 PM
Anguissa kebano kamara lemina and tc have it
As a matter of interest is this info in the 'free/public domain'?
Must admit I would have thought it should be confidential!!!
I certainly would have expected it to be so if I was one of the players unless otherwise agreed beforehand 🤔

SouthIslandWhite

I have to say: look at the NFL. Those guys don't give a hoot. They just barrel ahead and play all their games, regardless of a few positive cases. All other sports have panicked and fretted over bubbles, travel details, postponments, testing you name it. Not the NFL. Its like a big steam-roller, it just rolls forward and crushes every Covid problem in it's path. They're amazing (the NFL) how they handle the issue, they just don't appear to care one bit. The games get played, with lots of fans in the buildings too.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Andyb

Just what I heard on the grapevine

fulhamben

I thought ak and kebano had already had it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

copthornemike

Quote from: Andyb on December 29, 2020, 11:27:57 PM
Just what I heard on the grapevine
Appreciated Andy - was not intended as criticism 👍

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: copthornemike on December 29, 2020, 11:18:26 PM
Quote from: Andyb on December 29, 2020, 11:07:39 PM
Anguissa kebano kamara lemina and tc have it
As a matter of interest is this info in the 'free/public domain'?
Must admit I would have thought it should be confidential!!!
I certainly would have expected it to be so if I was one of the players unless otherwise agreed beforehand 🤔

I saw this earlier on Twitter - just some guy posted it saying his mate told him this. Just a rumour.

Arthur

Quote from: copthornemike on December 29, 2020, 11:13:07 PM
To put the issue into perspective the players themselves should be fine due to their age (statistically speaking) but just say an older member of staff, eg older managers such as Roy Hodgson, were to be infected?

But Roy can self-isolate of his own accord if he wants. Yet he hasn't. So I think we can assume that, however worried he is about Covid, he would still rather face the risk than temporarily relinquish his role as Palace's manager.

At a time when Covid restrictions are preventing the pursuit of many hobbies, pastimes and interests, do we also add to this by further lowering the morale of millions of football supporters, or do we simply ask the far smaller number who are still involved in the game at an at-risk age to take a decision for themselves? After all, how much safer is someone such as Hodgson if football is suspended than if it continues but Roy chooses to self-isolate? From Roy's perspective, there's no difference. So why make everyone else miss out?

ChesterTheTabby

Anyone think they'll scrap the season?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 30, 2020, 01:15:11 AM
no. They would have done it last season if they was going to. I expect the euros to be cancelled. And European cups should be cancelled but won't be.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 30, 2020, 01:15:11 AM

Not going to happen in the Premier League.   Too many contracts out there.  BIG  money product contracts.

fulhamfan

brightster

Quote from: fulhamben on December 29, 2020, 11:29:55 PM
I thought ak and kebano had already had it.

I thought the same as well as Kamara.

filham

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 29, 2020, 07:36:00 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55420342

BBC saying its Fulham
BBC said it again this morning  at about 08-30am but we still await a decision.

Sgt Fulham

Fulham Facebook posted as if the game is to go ahead. Not sure its official conformation at all, but take it as you will.

rebel

Sheff Utd were 1 test away from the match being postponed last night.

Twig

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on December 29, 2020, 11:27:29 PM
I have to say: look at the NFL. Those guys don't give a hoot. They just barrel ahead and play all their games, regardless of a few positive cases. All other sports have panicked and fretted over bubbles, travel details, postponments, testing you name it. Not the NFL. Its like a big steam-roller, it just rolls forward and crushes every Covid problem in it's path. They're amazing (the NFL) how they handle the issue, they just don't appear to care one bit. The games get played, with lots of fans in the buildings too.

Doesn't sound very bright to me. Perhaps these sort of decisions help explain the US very high infection rates.  I read that a 41 year old perfectly healthy Congressman has just died which also illustrates how silly it is to assume that being in a younger age group assures a quick recovery.

Jim©

It's not true at all. All players in the NFL that test positive are kept in isolation and away from squads for 7 days after their last negative test.
They're actually ahead of what we're doing here including wearing devices similar to track & trace to know exactly who've they've been in contact with.

There's minimal crowds in those huge vast arenas too.

Twig

Quote from: Arthur on December 30, 2020, 12:32:15 AM
Quote from: copthornemike on December 29, 2020, 11:13:07 PM

But Roy can self-isolate of his own accord if he wants. Yet he hasn't. So I think we can assume that, however worried he is about Covid, he would still rather face the risk than temporarily relinquish his role as Palace's manager.

At a time when Covid restrictions are preventing the pursuit of many hobbies, pastimes and interests, do we also add to this by further lowering the morale of millions of football supporters, or do we simply ask the far smaller number who are still involved in the game at an at-risk age to take a decision for themselves? After all, how much safer is someone such as Hodgson if football is suspended than if it continues but Roy chooses to self-isolate? From Roy's perspective, there's no difference. So why make everyone else miss out?

It's worth reading an interview with Rochdale's team doctor. He points out that a) even fit healthy footballers can suffer severe symptoms and long COVID effects but perhaps more importantly b) they go home to families and asymptomatic can unwittingly spread infection, finally c) he talks about the worry that some of them feel about all this and how it can affect their performances.
Personally I think it would be worth suspending the season for a month while we all try to get the R number down. Golf courses and tennis clubs are likely to be closed in tier 4 areas this week. I know that in themselves each of these things make very, very small differences to the R rate but they all help to impress on the population the need to lock down properly.  Right now I still see far too many people not taking things seriously enough.

Radiowhite

Quote from: Jim© on December 30, 2020, 10:33:54 AM

It's not true at all. All players in the NFL that test positive are kept in isolation and away from squads for 7 days after their last negative test.
They're actually ahead of what we're doing here including wearing devices similar to track & trace to know exactly who've they've been in contact with.

There's minimal crowds in those huge vast arenas too.
Also quite a lot of games have been rescheduled to a later date due to positive tests. They don't just barrel ahead