more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR cup game - Your thoughts on the match and the result

Started by Frackleheath, January 09, 2021, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Gribby

qpr bench had no impact, ours had.
Big game changer was me start preparing the dinner.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Deeping_white

Was nice to see Kongolo and Tete, both looked quite good considering they would've been a bit rusty. Kongolo has some fantastic passing ability and covers the ground well so cant wait for him to get up to speed again

sunburywhite

I thought RLC had a good game today, always roviding an outlet for a pass, some really good drives forward, looked hugnry for the ball when others weren't

Probably taken off as recovering from Covid
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Carborundum

Thought they looked rusty after a lay off, for some a very long lay off.  Played safe passes and tried no devilment in the final third.  Extra time came and two quality goals.  Should have done them all a power of good.  It's never a bad day when we beat QPR. Blessings duly counted.

love4ffc

Quote from: G_Gribby on January 09, 2021, 07:10:22 PM
qpr bench had no impact, ours had.
Big game changer was me start preparing the dinner.

0001.jpeg completely agree.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Asotosyios

Quote from: Arthur on January 09, 2021, 06:02:08 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 09, 2021, 05:01:44 PM
Just a glimpse into what Championship life would be like if we don't do the job this year. Its terrifying.

You're so right. Jeez, I hope we stay up. The prospect of our returning to playing this sort of football each week if we go down is thoroughly depressing.
Just for the sake of argument, why do we need to play like that if we get relegated?

Also, it's not like our Premier League football is that exciting to watch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Cambridge Pete

The league is the important thing this year. Not a good performance but players who have been injured or on the fringes got some game time. Pluses
Tete, Kongolo, Bryan, Rodak and Hector looked much better. Good use of the bench. We beat the HaHas. Parker learnt some things. Big Frank, Lookman, Tosin and Anderson hopefully back for Chelsea.. Hopefully Mitro will have helped his confidence with the superb one two with BDR. Onward and hopefully upward

Asotosyios

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on January 09, 2021, 10:16:15 PM
The league is the important thing this year.

I don't exactly disagree, but it gets a bit tiring. One year the league is more important because we don't want to get relegated, the other because we are chasing promotion etc. As a result, we never seem interested in having a go at a cup run, which is really sad.

I know we are not the only team that does that, but I would like us to treat the cups a bit more seriously than just giving game time to the reserves.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Andy S

All the moaners back on! It's as if people can't see these were our reserves against the QPR first 11. We won 2-0 after extra time and that is the only fact that will be remembered in years to come.
Would you have preferred to be a QPR supporter?

FFCBadger

1) Dont know what the Mitro bashing is about? He got practically zero service and because our build up was so slow when he did get service he was swamped. Superb lay off to BDR

2) Cav is needs some time off, to be replaced by Kebano

3) If I was Chelsea I'd email FFC to let us know they dont mind if we field RLC, yet another negative, un-interested effort for me

FulhamStu

The pitch played a part as it was very hard and the high bounce made things difficult.
QPR were clearly very up for it and we had a largely 2nd string team playing apparently their first 11.

Tete was excellent after a nasty injury and it was great to see Kongolo who I felt did well.

Unlike most others, I thought Cav had a really good game but he really should have scored on that break however and that's his problem.

Agree that RLC again disappointed if he was half the class he is suppose to be he would have stood out much more.

Rodak and Bryan did well and Robinson was class when he came on.

A difficult game but in the end I was happy with the result and a lot of the performances.

grandad

OK, not the best performance overall but more or less what I expected. It was the perfect match to re-integrate some of our long term injured players. They all came through with some good performances. A disjointed performance was to be expected but the players stuck at it& the excellent sub introductions showed that class tells in the end.
The game was a potential banana skin which we dealt with.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Not sure if this has been said already but pleased we won without the match going to a penalty shoot out
A double banana skin for us!!

lomotd

• Team hadn't played in two weeks
  • Players coming back who had suffered from injury
  • Players coming back who had suffered from COVID
  • Not our first team

This was not a great performance by any means but can't read too much into it. A win and a clean sheet, onto the league.