watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR cup game - Your thoughts on the match and the result

Started by Frackleheath, January 09, 2021, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moltobueno

Take Lookman and Anguissa off and we have no creativity in front.

HobGoblin

We were awful. TBH didn't deserve to win. They made better chances in the first 90. Looked like they tired in the extra time.

We move it forward to final third then pass it all way back over and over. Need some of the attacking players to move, make options and pass the ball forward. Even if we lose the ball attempt the damn chance.

bobby01

Quote from: South Coast White on January 09, 2021, 05:05:26 PM
Dennis now on, just wait for the penalty he concedes!!!!

How sad for you, did nothing wrong  :005:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

Good to be in the 4th round of the Cup but we were lucky to survive the first 90 minutes, QPR missed some clear cut chances
Not many positives to take away other than some players returning from injury got game time. The big negative of course is that it was again clear that we need a quality striker. Mitro, Cav, RLC and Decadova Ried caused little problems to the QPR defence, they are not going to be effective in Premier League matches.

sunburywhite

I thought Tete looked absolute quality, first gane in ages and was true class

Mitor had no service as usual but him and BDR seem to have a partnership

Rodak had a very good game and kept us in it

Aina played well but to me it loked like he might have been an early Covid, seem to play on an empty tank at the end

Hector and Ream looked better than Kongolo and Ream. Had to judge Kongolo on this game but he needs more time to even get on the same bus as the first team

Robinson was quality and made £2m look like it's a deal, it's a steal. It's the sale of the ###### century

The run out will have done them good, in fact the eatra 30 min is probably the biggest plus
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

love4ffc

I would agree it was a grim game to watch and our play in the final third was atrocious.  I would also agree that we were lucky to win as QPR had several good chances to score.  I did think Scott made some good subs with bringing on Bobby, Odoi, Kabano and Robinson.  Think those subs really made a difference in the final part of the match.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: love4ffc on January 09, 2021, 05:48:56 PM
Thought the substitution to bring on Hector was strange.  I really don't see what fans see in him.  Wish Cav would have stayed on and RLC instead came off. 

Loved the goals and thought both were beautifully worked.  Was not impressed with Mitro at all and really hope he can turn himself around as I think he could be vital in the remaining portion of the season. 

Also thought Tete looked great and I really hope to see more of him soon. 

Well, at least we beat QPR and are moving on to the fourth round.  Though I have to be honest, I would not have been bothered if we had gone out.

Agree with post.

I thought Hector came on because Scott was protecting Kongolo from injury/wear and tear.   I rate Hector at CB way more than I do Odoi or MLM...so the sub made sense to me.

RLC should have come off instead when Cav was pulled.   

Aina did good today.   Played RWB and CDM...looked decent at both.   And I know from his time at Torino he can also play on the left side.   Good utility player all around apparently.   

Arthur

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 09, 2021, 05:01:44 PM
Just a glimpse into what Championship life would be like if we don't do the job this year. Its terrifying.

You're so right. Jeez, I hope we stay up. The prospect of our returning to playing this sort of football each week if we go down is thoroughly depressing.

SG

Quote from: love4ffc on January 09, 2021, 06:01:09 PM
I would agree it was a grim game to watch and our play in the final third was atrocious.  I would also agree that we were lucky to win as QPR had several good chances to score.  I did think Scott made some good subs with bringing on Bobby, Odoi, Kabano and Robinson.  Think those subs really made a difference in the final part of the match.   

Not wishing to be confrontational but why are we lucky because they missed chances. They weren't good enough simple as that whereas we took ours

Bill2

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 09, 2021, 05:01:57 PM
Almost fell asleep.

What is wrong with Mitro? It can't be his fitness - doesn't look like it. It just looks like he cant be bothered.
As game went on it was his fitness level, he always struggled for 90 so xtra time would have been tough especially as not playing 90 for some weeks. So was not surprised he reserved his energy for a few runs at the end.
However, over the 90 I thought his touches were excellent and while he is not quite sharp enough his overall play was very good.

bobbo

They looked like they were treating it as a training session untill it got to the point where it
Mattered . Overall a dissapointing performance.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ron

Quote from: Ruislip Ray on January 09, 2021, 05:26:23 PM
Even the cardboard cutouts are leaving now.

:005: Post of the day, I've only just noticed it!

SG

Bassey the warrior

Mostly the game bored me to sleep. At least it gave minutes to our fringe players. Good goals.

Gezza

blingo

Mitro isn't getting the service, he stood calling for the ball a number of times and not once did the player with the ball even notice him. RLC is a waste of space and tbh they could have been three up had it not been for open goal misses. We need to do much much better up front. I personally think we were lucky today.

clanky

think kebano worth's a start Friday, we need players who are willing to take the oppostion on and he casued problems with his running.

love4ffc

Quote from: SG on January 09, 2021, 06:06:12 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on January 09, 2021, 06:01:09 PM

Not wishing to be confrontational but why are we lucky because they missed chances. They weren't good enough simple as that whereas we took ours

No worries there @SG.  I thought there were several times when the ball was put across goal and we were lucky that QPR didn't have a player in place to finish.  With that said, I would say that neither Fulham or QPR looked that good today.  Fulham only looked better when the final subs were made. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnOldBrownie

I want us to buy Bright Samuels...send RLC back to Chelsea...then loan an attacker from somewhere.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

BestOfBrede

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 09, 2021, 07:05:22 PM
I want us to buy Bright Samuels...send RLC back to Chelsea...then loan an attacker from somewhere.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

I hope Mr Khan doesn't listen to these kind of opinions
What did he do that impressed you for god's sake?