more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official Prediction Thread - Fulham V Chelsea

Started by rebel, January 15, 2021, 09:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

We can keep the mini run going,
can we get the win? I think we can, there is a lot to like about our performances, can we play and do better? Yes.
Decision making, some players need more awareness, look up and pass, shooting on sight is sometimes the wrong decision. Anderson 'marauding' forward, loving that.

Fulham 2 - 0 Chelsea

Jules

Would love to see us win, but something tells me this will be yet another draw! 1-1

rebel

Quote from: Jules on January 15, 2021, 10:17:19 AM
Would love to see us win, but something tells me this will be yet another draw! 1-1

They are on a awful run, we couldn't be playing them at a better time.

Milo

Will be a good game and I think we will fancy it personally.

Think it'll be another 1-1.

Whitesideup

In a way Chelsea being on a bad run makes me more apprehensive. They know they have to do better, and they know by now we aren't as bad as our position suggests. And whatever their recent form, they are a very good side. So as usual, expect the worst but hope for the best. If we can play like we did against Liverpool and Spurs (and Leicester don't forget, who have looked much better against teams higher in the league than us) we can get something out of this game. I'll settle for a 1-0 win, but the nerves will be frayed. I'd feel more comfortable if we have a two goal margin with 10 minutes to go, but that's stuff dreams are made of.

FFC In Oz

I'm thinking another draw - 1-1 probably the most likely result.

FFC1987

Sorry guys, going to have to be pessimistic again and predict a 3.1 loss.

Jules

Quote from: rebel on January 15, 2021, 10:30:50 AM
Quote from: Jules on January 15, 2021, 10:17:19 AM

They are on a awful run, we couldn't be playing them at a better time.

Yes, but I worry about that a bit. They are a very good side with top players. I would rather predict a draw which would be a good result, and a win would be a bonus. I don't want us going into this expecting to win as we may be disappointed - it won't be easy.

Fulham 442

Chelsea haven't been playing well and their defence is all over the place at times.  I am going for a 2 1 win to us.

bill taylors apprentice

My first away game in 1964 saw the mighty whites win at SB 0-2
I have seen every league win since then (3 home & 2 away) along with several Anglo Scottish wins.

For me, winning this game would only be bettered by staying up or winning the Cup.

Twig

I would love to see us win but I still worry where goals are going to come from on any consistent basis.  I fear Chelsea nicking it 0-1.

I Ronic

2-0 Cav (something audacious) and Lookman (dribbles past two and slots it in) Areola keeping us in the game at the other end.

RoyTund

blingo

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 15, 2021, 10:57:12 AM
Sorry guys, going to have to be pessimistic again and predict a 3.1 loss.
Me too but a 2-1 loss and a good performance.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Slaphead in Qatar

I fancy us to get at least a point out of this. I think this will be another draw.

Jim©

I'd take a point right now if offered. Theyve had an extended break compared to us, which is probably in their favour not ours.
We've got form, they've got the quality, will be tight i'd imagine, but can't see us winning so will plump for a 1-1

Craven Mad

I'm gonna go with 2-0 to us. They're not in great form and are worse than many of the opponents we've stood up to lately. Feeling positive.

COYW

Woolly Mammoth

Yes of course it will be a tough game as they always are on these occasions, and Scott and the team will be expecting that.
However, the Fulham team that will turn up tomorrow is a little different from previous teams that have gone to Stamford Bridge and lost.
Apart from the fact we are coming off an unbeaten run whereupon we have been mean with giving away goals in open play, and the fact that our system of play is getting the best out of the team.
Also putting aside for a moment our problems with scoring enough goals which is a serious issue.
The whole of our current defence and midfield are littered with strapping six footers which are also sprinkled through the team, which I have been advocating for years to have tall physical players in the team to stand fight and bully, as opposed to having a soft underbelly who shrink after the first tackle and look soft as butter when we once could not head a search party and were slaughtered at set pieces and in the air. Perhaps the club started reading my emails.
Hence the reason why we went toe to toe with every team in all our recent matches. If you dominate the air you will inevitably dominate on the deck.
Not only now do we have a physical presence but the players can play, everyone a footballer and not just a defender, and to supplement this we have leaders and winners amongst them who have a presence, not just one or two either, these are the basics you need to hold your own in the Premier Division and it is showing on the pitch and with our results. Confidence is starting to rear its head through the individual performances, and players are winning their own battles because of that.
We have a strong spine in more ways than one. We rarely lose a ball in the air any more, and as was shown in our match v Spurs where we stood our ground and fought fire with fire, and you can only do that if you have the right kind of players with the right kind of manager. Spurs knew they had been in a game and when they took the lead they under estimated Fulhams resolve, mental strength and physical presence, they thought they could take liberties with us as other teams have, but we have given them all a bloody nose. We fought back against Spurs and could have even won it in the end, but that is an example of what a different team we have now from previous years. In Anderson we have a very good Captain for once, a leader of men who leads by example, a massive presence among a physical team.
We have the foundations of a very very good team, just need a little surgery up front with a striker and a winger.
Nevertheless, I shall go for 0 0 draw tomorrow as the likeliest outcome if I may be so bold. But never underestimate how important it is for a club like Fulham to survive in the top draw of the English League by having a physical presence and to dominate the air, and because of that this team is also dominating on the floor as Spurs found out to their cost the other night, which allowed Lookman with his pace and close control to set up our equaliser. But let us remember it was our solid defence that kept us in the game and by doing so let us go forward with pace and power and mobility, and if we had had a genuine striker we surely could have won.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.