News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: probably a silly question about streaming?

Started by SP, January 23, 2021, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me there's one site that dominates the streaming market, why is it that the powers that be don't work with the UK internet providers to stop their broadcasts?  Can someone advise?

Somerset Fulham

Do you mean the illegal ones?

If you do, there are hundreds of sites.

FFC1987

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: SP on January 23, 2021, 07:10:22 PM
I'm not an expert, but it seems to me there's one site that dominates the streaming market, why is it that the powers that be don't work with the UK internet providers to stop their broadcasts?  Can someone advise?

Why would you wish to disturb the streaming services that are the lifeline to, not only us 'far flung' lifelong FFC fans
but also, since our return to the PS, also to many UK supporters.
It seems like an odd and selfish thread unless I've misread your intentions.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Does the op mean legal or illegal.
If legal, like Sky, then it's market forces isn't it?

Well, there are several top streaming sites, or  3 main ones anyway, who seem to divide  the games up  between them  quite well.

It's expensive, but at least we can watch most games, depending  whether you can afford to subscribe to all these  sites - which can be hard for a lot of people i think.
It's a lot for me, but then i think  - how much would i be spending going to games?

Also,  football and Fulham, has been  so important to me during this period, when  you can't go out and do much, or spend much money on other things, either.

grandad

I do have Sky but not only for the sport channels. However I refuse to pay the exorbitant extra subs for BT Sport & Amazon Prime. I am happy to continue watching on Sky & to listen to GJ with his live commentary. £5 a month is well worth it & affordable. I can then watch the short highlights, extended highlights & full 90 minutes at my leisure.
I do not use the dubious streaming sites as they have in the past caused major security issues with my computers. My firewalls do not permit them so happy with that.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

I should've specified I was referring to illegal streams, I'm not sure where I said anything about stopping them?

I was really trying to understand why or how big brother hasn't stopped what I imagine they see as a drain on their profit margins.

No problem, it's probably just me.

blingo

Hesgoal actually have a statement on their site saying that their site is NOT illegal.

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on January 24, 2021, 10:39:57 AM
Hesgoal actually have a statement on their site saying that their site is NOT illegal.

uh-huh, I bet Sky would have something to say about that, and it may not be the same language!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

SP

I wonder if the offence is to receive the broadcast rather than to send it?

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on January 24, 2021, 03:14:59 PM
I wonder if the offence is to receive the broadcast rather than to send it?

I'd think the latter depends on where you view it.
As for the former, that's a copyrights issue and pretty standard around most of the world I would imagine.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.