News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the point of rebuilding the Riverside??

Started by Nick Bateman, January 26, 2021, 01:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Unfortunately I am deadly serious

Any income from off-football would be peanuts compared to PL TV income

There would be some early payback on flogging the apartments - but this is just a clever offset to the investment and probably the maximum PP they could get

I just don't understand the value now to build the stand - yes it will be great and I will renew my ST at the Riverside - but would be bloody disappointing to be watching 5 years of Championship by not investing in the squad sufficiently

Any sane person can see that

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Baszab on January 26, 2021, 08:46:29 PM

There would be some early payback on flogging the apartments - but this is just a clever offset to the investment and probably the maximum PP they could get

I just don't understand the value now to build the stand - yes it will be great and I will renew my ST at the Riverside - but would be bloody disappointing to be watching 5 years of Championship by not investing in the squad sufficiently

Do you get FFP?We are limited to what we spend on the squad.What they spend on the infrastructure doesn't count and will only boost our income.

Sting of the North

But to my knowledge  there have never been any indications whatsoever that investing in the stand has had any impact on the investment in the first team squad. Every report seem to indicate that we have been up to or close to the FFP spending limit for at least several seasons running now. I have seen zero evidence nor any reasonable logical arguments that in any way indicates that the investments in the Riverside stand has had a negative financial impact on the first team squad. Not short term and neither long term. Are there any such evidence, or even indications? Or is this just some tin foil hat level of speculation?

blingo

Prime riverside property, and bucket loads to be made out of it. The new stand is a by the way.

Statto

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Statto on January 26, 2021, 10:13:47 PM

Agreed
We can all agree with that.But wht does building it change anything?Can only help surely?

The Rational Fan

Agreed

Nonsense, Stadium Revenue spent on players increases TV money.

First Season

If the stadium brings in an extra £2m in gate receipts and £1m in corporate sponsorship, then we have £3m more.

Second Season
If the £3m extra is spent on an extra player's wages (say 3rd CB), then we will likely get 1 to 3 points more.
If we get 1 to 3 points more in the PL, then we should finish one place higher getting us an extra £1.5m TV reward bonus, £0.5m extra games watched and £0.5m corporate sponsorship, giving us £2.5m extra from the first season.

Third Season
If the £3m extra stadium revenue and £2.5m additional TV revenue is spent on players, then the extra £5.5m should return, an addition £2.5m TV money from the previous season; giving an extra £8m in the fourth season.

Conclusion
The benefits of the extra seat revenue are enormous for FFP, as most seasons an extra couple of million (providing another quality squad player or first XI player for half a season) does make a difference.

Examples of small spending difference
If we had Mitro for the first half of 2017/18, then we have gained automatic promotion and be more cohesive.
If we had Ryan Babel for the first half of 2018/19, then we would have come 18th with extra TV money.
If we had Michael Hector for the first half of 2019/20, then we would have gained automatic promotion.

Woolly Mammoth

Now that they have taken all the trouble to float it all up stream from the Port of London and the
skill of negotiating all those many bridges. They might as well finish the job and worry about paying for it later. After all we have a small matter of negotiating the trap door called relegation in case you had not noticed.
Plus I cannot wait to see my new luxury apartment in the new stand to enable me to host a gathering of the great and the good.
But signing a new striker and by doing so avoiding relegation takes priority otherwise it could be quite a while before that new stand is full to capacity. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 27, 2021, 05:24:35 AM
Now that they have taken all the trouble to float it all up stream from the Port of London and the
skill of negotiating all those many bridges. They might as well finish the job and worry about paying for it later. After all we have a small matter of negotiating the trap door called relegation in case you had not noticed.
Plus I cannot wait to see my new luxury apartment in the new stand to enable me to host a gathering of the great and the good.
But signing a new striker and by doing so avoiding relegation takes priority otherwise it could be quite a while before that new stand is full to capacity.

"Fulham Leisure" has tonnes of non-FFP money for both buildings our stadium and we can buy numerous players. It's Fulham's FFP money that we need in order to do buy even a couple of players, and stadium spending doesn't affect that.

Southdowns White

I personally think it shows intent within the structure of the club to move forward, If I were an player thinking of joining a team and maybe had a choice of similar sized clubs, example, Watford, Norwich, West Brom etc, especially if I had visited these clubs as a player, then looking at a club that has invested money in world class facilities may help me in my decision.
There will also be Bars, Cafes and restaurants paying rent 365 days a year or run by the club bringing in income from those outlets. There will be conference areas and entertainment facilities for corporate and private functions.
It was mentioned here about That Blue lot up the road building that giant stand back in the early 1970s, the rest of the ground was falling to bits, Living locally, I remember people talking about the stand as this thing of wonder, I do remember sitting in it once back in about 1975 and the people I was with were quite excited. It created a buzz around the club, probably a little bit like our new stand now.
Things maybe didn't work out early enough last summer in terms of getting the right players in, we were terrible at the beginning of the season, We are heading in the right direction, If it were so easy to go and pluck players at the right money for wages we can afford then every club would be doing it. The investment is happening within the club, If we can stay up I believe we will be up for a while.

fcfulham55

How easily can the new stand be modified into 'luxury apartments'?  (Insert s##t stir emoji)
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 27, 2021, 02:08:56 AM

Agreed

Nonsense, Stadium Revenue spent on players increases TV money.

First Season

If the stadium brings in an extra £2m in gate receipts and £1m in corporate sponsorship, then we have £3m more.

Second Season
If the £3m extra is spent on an extra player's wages (say 3rd CB), then we will likely get 1 to 3 points more.
If we get 1 to 3 points more in the PL, then we should finish one place higher getting us an extra £1.5m TV reward bonus, £0.5m extra games watched and £0.5m corporate sponsorship, giving us £2.5m extra from the first season.

Third Season
If the £3m extra stadium revenue and £2.5m additional TV revenue is spent on players, then the extra £5.5m should return, an addition £2.5m TV money from the previous season; giving an extra £8m in the fourth season.

Conclusion
The benefits of the extra seat revenue are enormous for FFP, as most seasons an extra couple of million (providing another quality squad player or first XI player for half a season) does make a difference.

Examples of small spending difference
If we had Mitro for the first half of 2017/18, then we have gained automatic promotion and be more cohesive.
If we had Ryan Babel for the first half of 2018/19, then we would have come 18th with extra TV money.
If we had Michael Hector for the first half of 2019/20, then we would have gained automatic promotion.

Sorry I had to stop reading at "gate receipts" given we were taking about income from "off-football".
:doh:

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: blingo on January 26, 2021, 09:13:30 PM
Prime riverside property, and bucket loads to be made out of it. The new stand is a by the way.
Are the apartments going to be for sale? I thought they were short term serviced apartments

ALG01

The new stand c;learly makes financial sense, up to a point.

But we all know that football is lttered with teams that are failing having improved or moved to fantatstic new stadiums. Teams like the arse and spours do not count in this respect because of the nature of their size but there are plenty of others. Eric Miller built the new stand and that got 30 years in the doldrums with only a handful seats ever sold.

If we fail to stay up and decline as we did when we first went down with the khans, crowds and interest in us will dwindle.

you need to do both, build the stadium and build the team in parallel..and that means getting a forward or two, who should have been here in time for tonights and saturday's game.

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on January 27, 2021, 01:59:25 PM

But we all know that football is lttered with teams that are failing having improved or moved to fantatstic new stadiums. Teams like the arse and spours do not count in this respect because of the nature of their size but there are plenty of others. Eric Miller built the new stand and that got 30 years in the doldrums with only a handful seats ever sold.

If we fail to stay up and decline as we did when we first went down with the khans, crowds and interest in us will dwindle.

you need to do both, build the stadium and build the team in parallel..and that means getting a forward or two, who should have been here in time for tonights and saturday's game.
I need to be careful how I respond, it's not an argument, but the new stand will generate a lot more non football income that the old riverside stand couldn't .
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

perry geyton

Quote from: winterline on January 26, 2021, 01:56:02 PM
It's just for the Khan's to show off, "Look what we have! Isn't it nice?" at the same time ignoring the actual clubs performance and league it's in.
Do me a favor

perry geyton

Why don't all the Khan complainers have a whip round,

15 mil. Should Be about enough in January to buy a reasonable championship striker

Put your money where your mouth is, Batemen can start a go fund me page

grandad

For goodness sake. Some on here will take every opportunity to have a pop at whatever the Khans do. Put your money where your mouth is, buy them out.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ALG01

Quote from: alfie on January 27, 2021, 03:11:45 PM

I need to be careful how I respond, it's not an argument, but the new stand will generate a lot more non football income that the old riverside stand couldn't .

It will and the capacity to exploit the facilites is way better understood in these days than then. Coporate stuff etc. alone ramps up the money.
But we know failure to invest in the team will be a very bad thing and you lnow my view on what I think needs to be done in that respect.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on January 27, 2021, 04:44:18 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 27, 2021, 03:11:45 PM

It will and the capacity to exploit the facilites is way better understood in these days than then. Coporate stuff etc. alone ramps up the money.
But we know failure to invest in the team will be a very bad thing and you lnow my view on what I think needs to be done in that respect.

But this thread was started with the argument that the Khan's investment in the new stand has a negative effect on the investment in the squad. Unless our alleged failure to invest in a striker is a consequence of the new stand that argument is already dead in the water. So far no one has even indicated why the two would be linked in any way. As for threads on our transfer activity I believe we already have a million of those.

This was not directed at you personally by the way, just responded to the last post. I just don't understand how this thread have reached 3 pages and still have failed to include anything at all justifying any sort of discussion on the matter of the original post.