News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would we do without Areola, Tosin and Andersen?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 27, 2021, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Simply91 on January 27, 2021, 09:47:32 PM
I did t watch the Burnley game but tonight Tosin wasn't quite his usual self. Tosin has been fantastic though overall...

I wonder if that miss at the end means the Fulham dressing room heads are down.. so close to Nicking all 3 points. Feels like a loss even though it shouldn't do

Think we've been spoiled by having Robinson in the team. He is able to hold down an entire wing by himself, which really helps with the out ball, which was the main problem today.

Overall I think Robinson has been equally important and I can't recall Tete having a bad game. Some good defenders in the squad.

General

Quote from: Arthur on January 27, 2021, 09:45:42 PM
When I saw the starting XI, I thought there was no chance BDR would play left wing-back. I was wrong. But so, in my opinion, was Parker to put BDR there. He was struggling to defend and created nothing going forward.

But, yes, Areola and Andersen carried the others tonight. Unlike BDR, however, Anguissa and Loftus-Cheek both have P.L. technique but they don't influence the game enough. Brighton pressed better than us, found space better than us, and passed the ball better than us. Not a performance to give us any increased hope.

Agree with this although think Anguissa comment is harsh - I thought he was a positive outlet for us tonight and with better players would've seen much more come from what he did during the game.