News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would we do without Areola, Tosin and Andersen?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 27, 2021, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Sgt Fulham

We see how we play without Robinson tonight. Love Tete's commitment too. Lookman is our only real attacking threat. Damn, basically all of our good players are loans.

jayffc

Tosin was poor at times today but still there when we needed him too.
Feel like playing in that cup game was bad for his confidence though, seemed to make him feel mortal! ha!

Joachim is an asbolute gem, best CB since Haangeland hands down

Bassey the warrior

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jayffc on January 27, 2021, 09:31:05 PM
Feel like playing in that cup game was bad for his confidence though, seemed to make him feel mortal! ha!

Tosin had no support from Reid or Bryan.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:30:33 PM
We see how we play without Robinson tonight. Love Tete's commitment too. Lookman is our only real attacking threat. Damn, basically all of our good players are loans.

Tosin, Tete and Robinson are all our players.

But yes, the loanees (except for Loftus-Cheek) have been really impactful for us.

Statto

Tosin was pony.

I hate to say it but our defensive improvement is 99% down to Areola and Anderson, the two loanees.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:34:10 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:30:33 PM

Tosin, Tete and Robinson are all our players.

Is Tete not a loan signing? Always thought he was. Poor wording on my part, I should have said the majority of our good players are loans. Andersen and Areola are dream players.

Quote from: Statto on January 27, 2021, 09:36:25 PM
Tosin was pony.

I hate to say it but our defensive improvement is 99% down to Areola and Anderson, the two loanees.

That's completely unfair on Tosin. He has been almost immaculate since we have signed him. He has one bad game and is dismissed? Come on.

Pluto

Andersen and Areola are top class champions league level footballers. Will be gutted not to see them next season.

Statto

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:38:44 PM
Tosin was pony.

That's completely unfair on Tosin. He has been almost immaculate since we have signed him. He has one bad game and is dismissed? Come on.

Not based on one game,
He's far from immaculate.
He's the same standard as Hector was before his breakdown.
Anderson is a different class, a Champions' League player, and you can see it rubs off on those around him, most of all Tosin

Woodlawn

Tosin was played mainly at left back,not his choice I am sure, Parker picked it wrong again ,

Arthur

When I saw the starting XI, I thought there was no chance BDR would play left wing-back. I was wrong. But so, in my opinion, was Parker to put BDR there. He was struggling to defend and created nothing going forward.

But, yes, Areola and Andersen carried the others tonight. Unlike BDR, however, Anguissa and Loftus-Cheek both have P.L. technique but they don't influence the game enough. Brighton pressed better than us, found space better than us, and passed the ball better than us. Not a performance to give us any increased hope.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Statto on January 27, 2021, 09:41:01 PM
Tosin was pony.

Not based on one game,
Anderson is a different class, a Champions' League player, and you can see it rubs off on those around him, most of all Tosin

I won't argue that Andersen leads by example and inspires others to raise their performance but there are two CBs in the pairing and if half of that is average then you don't have a good defence. 99% of your post is knee-jerk and the comparison to Hector is 100% pulled out from nothing. I have seen Tosin read the game intelligently, make crucial tackles, always manage to be in the right place to head it out, distribute the ball out calmly. To suggest that he accounts for 1% of our defensive improvement is absurd and you know it.

jayffc

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 27, 2021, 09:32:30 PM
Quote from: jayffc on January 27, 2021, 09:31:05 PM

Tosin had no support from Reid or Bryan.
Doesnt explain him misplacing silly passes and fumbling interceptions. Listen, clearly Im a fan of Tosin, but lets not pretend saying he was poor at times tonight is an unfair assessment. He also had moments of towering headers etc that we needed, but of the 2, unsuprisingly, Joachim is the Haangeland of that relationship at this point in their careers

Simply91

I did t watch the Burnley game but tonight Tosin wasn't quite his usual self. Tosin has been fantastic though overall...

I wonder if that miss at the end means the Fulham dressing room heads are down.. so close to Nicking all 3 points. Feels like a loss even though it shouldn't do

jayffc

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:46:47 PM
Tosin was pony.

Not based on one game,

I won't argue that Andersen leads by example and inspires others to raise their performance but there are two CBs in the pairing and if half of that is average then you don't have a good defence. 99% of your post is knee-jerk and the comparison to Hector is 100% pulled out from nothing. I have seen Tosin read the game intelligently, make crucial tackles, always manage to be in the right place to head it out, distribute the ball out calmly. To suggest that he accounts for 1% of our defensive improvement is absurd and you know it.

Agree, I thought Tosin was poor today at times, and is perhaps the weaker of the two generally but he's been brilliant alongside Joachim for most of the season I think it's a little reactive to deride him so strongly. Young CB, set to improve and already performing to a high level. Barely put a foot wrong in his first 4-5 games. Yes he's had a few shakier moments since then but this is a bit OTT

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Simply91 on January 27, 2021, 09:47:32 PM
I did t watch the Burnley game but tonight Tosin wasn't quite his usual self. Tosin has been fantastic though overall...

I wonder if that miss at the end means the Fulham dressing room heads are down.. so close to Nicking all 3 points. Feels like a loss even though it shouldn't do

My mind is stuck in the split second between the ball being struck and the ball hitting Dunk's foot. Can't complain about luck today but if we were called Burnley that ball dinks on the turf and goes over Dunk's foot.

Simply91

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:51:48 PM

My mind is stuck in the split second between the ball being struck and the ball hitting Dunk's foot. Can't complain about luck today but if we were called Burnley that ball dinks on the turf and goes over Dunk's foot.

Out of interest, do you think RLC should be doing better or is it  just fantastic defending from Dunk?

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Simply91 on January 27, 2021, 10:01:29 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:51:48 PM

Out of interest, do you think RLC should be doing better or is it  just fantastic defending from Dunk?

Think RLC did what anyone would do, just fantastic positioning from Dunk and earned his luck.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Statto on January 27, 2021, 10:07:31 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 27, 2021, 09:46:47 PM
Tosin was pony.

Not based on one game,

Comparison to Hector is based on last season. Their performance levels were almost identical in the Championship for Fulham and Blackburn.
By the way please change your tone and stop talking to me like a cnut
Have a civil discussion FFS

I don't know how to react to this in any other way than "Lol".