watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we go down, pray that Mitro stays

Started by blingo, January 27, 2021, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

or we wont be going back up for a good while.

davew

Quote from: blingo on January 27, 2021, 09:43:49 PM
You really seem to be Mitro's number 1 fan which is fine, if he had performed better this season we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

No chance sadly. And even if he did stay I'm not sure we have the quality to bounce back up. And I know I'm not being objective it's a knee jerk to that dross.

ChesterTheTabby

Why would he? Left out of the squad for weeks, only gets support roles behind Cavs. Mitro is on the bench while Cav starts. Shocking.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

General

Quote from: davew on January 27, 2021, 09:50:17 PM
Quote from: blingo on January 27, 2021, 09:43:49 PM
You really seem to be Mitro's number 1 fan which is fine, if he had performed better this season we wouldn't be having this conversation.

He's hardly had a chance to perform.. you're comparing him against Cavaleiro too. Mitro is our most consistent finisher at the club, scored 11 goals in a relegation season in the premiership in an arguable worse team than we have currently, scored 26 goals for us, or 28 last season and clearly can be a nuisance at this level. But to suggest he's actually played a proper amount this season and therefore justifies his position on the bench is ridiculous. The commentator said he's not scored for 15 games since his last goals, but he's hardly played any amount of time in those 15 games.

davew

I have not made any comparison between him and Cav, I have never said that, for the record Cav isn't good enough either!

blingo

His goals are the reason we are in the prem dave. Don't you think he merits respect and game time? What we are doing isn't working and he clearly made a difference when he came on, but why only give him 12 minutes?

river phoenix

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on January 27, 2021, 09:50:32 PM
Why would he? Left out of the squad for weeks, only gets support roles behind Cavs. Mitro is on the bench while Cav starts. Shocking.

Exactly. We wouldn`t got promoted first time without him and after relegation he stays loyal to us and helped us promoted again with 26 goals only to got scapegoated among the fanbase and coaching setup with the first fall of form. Travesty. Good luck finding a striker who can score 25+ goals in the Championship.

davew

Quote from: blingo on January 27, 2021, 09:57:39 PM
His goals are the reason we are in the prem dave. Don't you think he merits respect and game time? What we are doing isn't working and he clearly made a difference when he came on, but why only give him 12 minutes?
I can't argue about the first part of the comment, yes without him last season we would still be in the Championship! Whatever we are doing isn't working, I don't know the answer to our problems except to say that we just aren't good enough to stay in the PL with our present squad, sad but true!! The Mitro debate will continue, when he isn't picked then some say he should have been and when he is picked and looks unfit, uninterested, overweight, too slow, doesn't get the service then some say why was he picked, the story continues, but in the meantime we are heading back to the Championship and I am very sad to say I will enjoy watching Fulham playing there again until we are ready to perform against the big boys again!

hongkongfulham

If i was him I'd honestly leave regardless. Its clear Parker doesn't trust him for whatever reason

blingo

Quote from: davew on January 27, 2021, 10:04:51 PM
I can't argue about the first part of the comment, yes without him last season we would still be in the Championship! Whatever we are doing isn't working, I don't know the answer to our problems except to say that we just aren't good enough to stay in the PL with our present squad, sad but true!! The Mitro debate will continue, when he isn't picked then some say he should have been and when he is picked and looks unfit, uninterested, overweight, too slow, doesn't get the service then some say why was he picked, the story continues, but in the meantime we are heading back to the Championship and I am very sad to say I will enjoy watching Fulham playing there again until we are ready to perform against the big boys again!

I've been a fan since i was 7 so nearly as many years as you (im 64) and I too have seen us through thick and thin. There's no way I will ever not support Fulham whatever division they are in.

davew

Quote from: blingo on January 27, 2021, 10:14:08 PM
Quote from: davew on January 27, 2021, 10:04:51 PM

I've been a fan since i was 7 so nearly as many years as you (im 64) and I too have seen us through thick and thin. There's no way I will ever not support Fulham whatever division they are in.
Lifelong supporter like you forever!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hongkongfulham on January 27, 2021, 10:09:50 PM
If i was him I'd honestly leave regardless. Its clear Parker doesn't trust him for whatever reason

There is more to it than meets the eye.