more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney is the missing link

Started by perry geyton, January 28, 2021, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: FFCBadger on January 29, 2021, 07:44:15 AM
Possibly but it's all academic isnt it as he's long term injured - if we see him again this season I'd be suprised
Not that bad is it ?
Nobody knows
I reckon he's a game or two away

Mince n Tatties

Think Tom's done at this club,will be gone I Summer Window I believe.

colinwhite

Love watching Tc play but we have conceided so few goals without him in the side ,which is no coincidence unfortunately.

blingo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2021, 08:00:44 AM
[/quot

Either that or we will keep him for the Championship

Enfield

Been playing with a dodgy knee for a couple of years, a wonder he's played so well at times.
Needs lots of time to hopefully recover.

General

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2021, 08:00:44 AM

Could be right I think. And in regards to the OP, I think Stefan had a better chance of converting our draws into wins and he's been shipped out. Parker is limited in his ability to manage, spot and nurture talent of other players who can add in the attacking third, not a huge suprise given the type of player he was, but simply becoming more evident. He doesn't do 'creative' well, or understand it.

TC's Sporran

its the other knee  parker said

and they are wanting to try something different to an operation

FFC In Oz

I don't see Cairney as the missing link, in fact I think we've moved past him.

toshes mate

Quote from: General on January 29, 2021, 11:12:58 AM
Regards to the OP, I think Stefan had a better chance of converting our draws into wins and he's been shipped out. Parker is limited in his ability to manage, spot and nurture talent of other players who can add in the attacking third, not a huge suprise given the type of player he was, but simply becoming more evident. He doesn't do 'creative' well, or understand it.
IMO I think you sum up Parker's coaching credentials very well and I haven't been missing Cairney in the current side because it isn't very creative in the strict meaning of the word.  For Cairney to prosper we require possession and a return to a style reminiscent of Jokanovic's best days when we 'moved' opponents around until they could be opened up with just one pass or touch of creative magic.  Parker's methods are more akin to grinding out results by covering all the bases and, to be fair to him, when it works it can be very impressive.  However, when it goes wrong it can be horrible to watch. 

One point that sticks in my throat in this thread is when we are reduced to Cairney lovers or haters, small or large minded by virtue of 'our belief' or ' our opinion'.  Society and MSM is full of this right now and it is very, very, very unhealthy for everybody - and I do mean everybody.       

Mince n Tatties

Where are you seeing all these people hating him from🤔

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2021, 12:11:46 PM
Where are you seeing all these people hating him from🤔
If you bothered reading the thread you wouldn't need to ask ...

Mince n Tatties

Still can't see anybody saying they hate him.🤔

jarv

I watch every game. I feel when TC plays, the team is much better. (OK, he has not played so much).  His ability to pick a pass is right up there with the best. Yes, his stats in the premier don't look so good when based on final product. But individually, he brings a lot of others into the game.  He is committed to Fulham and I hope he can get over his injury and get back.

perry geyton

Anguissa and Reed are our steel but the pair of them don't have an eye for a creative ball
That's exactly what we are lacking
Toms not that old and still has a few Very good years in him,

People writing him off already ? Bunch of fickle fly by night supporters

Dodger53

When we were relegated, within days Tom and Alex signed 5 year deals to stay with us. We all thought it was great news but it also told us they thought they were not PL players.
I suspect our loan players are on a big bonus to stay up and that is why heads are beginning to drop as each game goes by without a win.

colinwhite

Quote from: Dodger53 on January 29, 2021, 04:02:19 PM
When we were relegated, within days Tom and Alex signed 5 year deals to stay with us. We all thought it was great news but it also told us they thought they were not PL players.
I suspect our loan players are on a big bonus to stay up and that is why heads are beginning to drop as each game goes by without a win.

You imagined the heads dropping. That we definitely havent seen this year- in a single game !

bobby01

I have not noticed heads dropping tbh,
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.