watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR -What's the point?

Started by fulhamtom, January 30, 2021, 03:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamtom

My wife even said he's  being pulled back and she has no real interest.

Pieter A’dam

indeed. if Lookman would not have taken the shot, they would give us a penalty .... We are playing great, but need to capitalize this and get more goals otherwise we are gonna pay for this I am afraid.

_Putney_

not a penalty for me, would have been so so soft

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

That was no way a penalty. It would have been insanely harsh if it had been awarded.

FFC In Oz

Agree with the above two posts.

Would have been a super soft pen, Ajayi had his arm around Lookman momentarily, but there was no pulling or throwing motion.  He withdrew his arm at the right time.  Play on.

Motspur Park

In an ideal world this wouldn't be considered a penalty but in the modern game this was 100% a penalty.

Logicalman

It's not relevant to this game, as it's only used for when the big teams need a dodgy call to go their way!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Texas White

Quote from: Logicalman on January 30, 2021, 04:02:07 PM
It's not relevant to this game, as it's only used for when the big teams need a dodgy call to go their way!

And there you have the perfect answer...  👏👏

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

But it wasn't a dodgy call. It wasn't a penalty and not even close to being one.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Texas White on January 30, 2021, 04:55:40 PM

And there you have the perfect answer...  👏👏
:plus one:
It was a pen - he put his arm across twice to ensure he couldn't get a proper shot

bobbo

Well it was a penalty , but just not what they give pens for nowadays.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

....unless it was Liverpool, City, Utd, the lot down the road etc

ALG01

if we played in red shirsts and were arsenal or from the north west it would have been given. of course it was a penalty, he had his arm round our man in the box and stopped him..100% penalty

SouthIslandWhite

The fact that we are arguing about it being a penalty or not tells me that it probably wasn't close enough to be awarded anyway. Moot point, we need a striker and we need one NOW! Dwight Gayle please.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

davew

Dwight Gayle and a prayer book won't be enough, our best chance is that this season is scrapped!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MaximusDecimus

Quote from: _Putney_ on January 30, 2021, 03:38:19 PM
not a penalty for me, would have been so so soft

Maybe so but had  that been outside the area it would 100% be given as a free kick.

filham

No, sorry we have no one but ourselves to blame for today's lost points. To blame the ref. or VAR  would be letting our players and manager off the hook.

fulhamtom

Well I think it was a penalty although I agree that in the scheme  of things it may appear soft. Interesting that there is a differed of opinion here. It means that we have to decide on what level of cheating is acceptable but,  more importantly how often the bigger teams get the call than little old Fulham and West Broms. To me my wife, who came to a couple of games 38 years ago and immediately stopped once married, immediately thought  he was pulled back. We all have opinions.

LittleErn

Penalty or not, Lookman goes down far too easily. He gets some rough treatment with little protection from the refs we have had so far, but falling down and looking for a foul has got him nowhere. It just gives the ball away, and prejudices the ref against him, so when he does get fouled he doesn't get a free kick. He needs to learn not to run into traffic and to offload the ball quicker.

bog

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 30, 2021, 03:38:25 PM
That was no way a penalty. It would have been insanely harsh if it had been awarded.

Like the ones United often get awarded.  :022:

092.gif