watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our players just don’t really ever look like they care

Started by RogFFC, January 30, 2021, 05:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogFFC

Most of the team switch off and seem to lack urgency when it really matters. There is a reason all our loanees have been released by their clubs: Lookman, RLC, Lemina etc always seem to go missing when we need them to step up.

Just wish the players would fully commit and end the game looking like they've given everything or actually care - but it never seems that way. Think it's a damning indictment of our recruitment more than anything. Going after stats players rather than those who would give everything to win. I think a lot of coasting players must see Fulham as an easy pay check in a nice part of London with pretty soft fans. Very frustrating. Not sure what the solution is either.

jarv

Agree Rog. The lack of urgency and inability to win any second balls is plain to see. Particularly RLC. Get shot of him.

bobbo

I agree also, just been texting the same with another supporter who I go with to away games . No urgency . This , for me is so evident among loan players , of which we have a few.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Baszab

Totally flawed business model for a PL a team
Bunged up with Loanees - won't invest in the squad

Totally pathetic - Khans take the blame and man up
You can't run a football club

Investment in the stadium excepted

Arthur

The worst culprit, in my opinion, was Anguissa. So much ability and yet he seemed content to just pass the ball 10-yards sideways rather than leave his mark on the game.

vbg cottager

Totally agree with you... RLC, don't know what to say about him.
I put a lot of hope in him when he got here. But honestly, no way he can help us.
Areola seems to be the only loanee trying really hard.
Even Andersen has some terrible passes from time to time.
Anguissa just disappears sometimes. Though he might be our best/complete player.
And CAV. Ok he can score a goal or two. But 89 of the 90 mins he's playing for himself.

We can't fight. We can't play dirty. We can't win.
Tough day...

Penfold

Quote from: Arthur on January 30, 2021, 05:21:42 PM
The worst culprit, in my opinion, was Anguissa. So much ability and yet he seemed content to just pass the ball 10-yards sideways rather than leave his mark on the game.

That's probably why we signed him - passing stats showing he rarely gives the ball away. But those stats didn't take into account the low risk of those passes. For what it is worth, he's been good overall this season.

millsy

I don't think he has. I've posted more than once over the past months that he shirks tackles, hardly ever winning first or second balls, marks space, ambles to cover breaks, lazy/sloppy passes and can't shoot!

I'm afraid his flashy runs cover up his glaring deficiencies in the heat of battle. Cant understand others don't see what I see but maybe he's just not my type of player.

RogFFC

Just want to see someone giving all for the shirt. That's all we can ask for. Sadly don't see any players doing that currently - bar maybe Reed/Reid

Sgt Fulham

I would be cautious of saying that the players don't care, even the loan players. The attitude from Areola and Andersen has been second to none and Lookman has been very good for us. RLC I can see the argument for, but other than that I think it just comes down to lacking a few crucial players and attributes. My worry is that we will start to see less application once the relegation fight looks lost. Which is...now.

filham

I wouldn't say our players don't care but at 1-0 in the 1st half  they seemed more intent on playing exhibition football to impress the TV pundits than to score goals to win the match.

Dodger53

I like lookman but he disappears for chunks of the game, can't or won't pass and looses the ball a lot especially in mid field.

Dodger53

I can't think of one good thing to say about RLC, it is like playing with 10 men but worse because he gets in the way.

davew

Probably got their January months wages yesterday, spent the second half thinking where they would spend them.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Arthur

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2021, 06:09:08 PM
I wouldn't say our players don't care but at 1-0 in the 1st half  they seemed more intent on playing exhibition football to impress the TV pundits than to score goals to win the match.

This is how it looked to me.

There has been criticism of our second half performance, but when it's only 1-0, one moment can turn a game. That moment came with the deflection off Aina just after half-time. Our second-half performance, thereafter, wasn't great, but nor was it the reason we failed to take 3 points. That was owing to of our first-half performance. The dominance we displayed may have looked pleasing on the eye, but it masked that we hadn't enough urgency and desire to score a second goal when West Brom were not in the game at all.

colinwhite

Totally disagree that the players dont seem to care. There are things that validly can be criticised but that aint one of them !!!!!

Twig

I wouldn't say they dont't care because I don't know them. However I was struck firstly by the laid back attitude in the first part of the 2nd half and by the fact that at the end a lot of them just didn't seem gutted enough. I want to see players who give everything for the shirt and I agree that the loan based model is way over done.
Another problem with the loan model is that we are always left having to completely rebuild when relegated (and we always are under the Khans).

Whitesideup

Quote from: colinwhite on January 30, 2021, 08:33:37 PM
Totally disagree that the players dont seem to care. There are things that validly can be criticised but that aint one of them !!!!!
+1

Whitesideup

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 30, 2021, 09:25:46 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 30, 2021, 08:33:37 PM
+1
Apart maybe from Rlc - and that is only occasionally. Once in the second half he slipped and didn't bother getting to his feet very quickly. Play came back towards him and belatedly he got up but too late for a challenge. More urgency, quicker response, maybe it wouldn't want have changed the game, but it was the attitude, the lack of urgency and drive that bugged me.

Fernhurst

Looks like "the loaners" model has failed twice now. Down we go again to regroup and try again, why did Villas model work or is Smith just a better manager?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.