News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Many saying we need a striker to stay up !

Started by Riversider, January 31, 2021, 09:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

A decent striker won't do us any harm, as obviously we need more goals, but for me we equally need a playmaker,  a creative midfielder,  a little genius that can unlock the tightest of defences,  as much as I like our midfield it painfully lacks of creativity,
By all means bring a striker in but who is going to provide the opportunities for him ? Yesterday for example we had our striker (Mitrovic) dropping deep to provide the opportunities for others, call me old fashioned but I would rather see our striker in or around the box on the end of those opportunities.

blingo

Jules

Quote from: blingo on January 31, 2021, 09:11:47 AM
Our mid field also lacks goals

I agree. It is not just the striker who can score goals. We need goal contributions from midfield and also defenders. It would be nice to score from corners and free kicks now and again. And our midfielders when they get near the box are always looking for a tight ball to thread through or they check back and play backwards then it goes sideways. Would like to see more shots at goal - and hitting the target!!

FulhamStu

But what is our midfield.  Is it Reid or is he a wing back or forward ?  I think we struggle for goals from midfield because the true midfield is made up of only 2 players and one of them plays every game and is knackered.

filham

OK forget the striker and find a goalscorer, that becomes even more difficult. Who is going to release their goalscorers.

Bassey the warrior

We need a goalscorer, we're creating enough chances to get more wins.

ron

Oliver Norwood from Sheffield United. Decent midfield option that we know. We've still got a quarter chance of staying up, the Blades are doomed.

Move quickly!

bog

Riversider

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 31, 2021, 12:44:15 PM

But as I said previously,  it was Mitrovic that was providing the chances , we need someone to provide the chances for Mitrovic.

ex-Pat

We will be be relegated ,,get used to it , me I like the Championship roll on next season.

Whitestone

Quote from: ex-Pat on January 31, 2021, 02:06:37 PM
We will be be relegated ,,get used to it , me I like the Championship roll on next season.

You won't like it when we're fighting relegation due to FFP constraints. Best we get our act together and start picking up the wins required to secure our place in the Premier League.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on January 31, 2021, 01:45:22 PM

But as I said previously,  it was Mitrovic that was providing the chances , we need someone to provide the chances for Mitrovic.

We created chances in the games Mitrovic didn't play. Do need much better crossing though.

sonnyjim

Quote from: ron on January 31, 2021, 12:49:10 PM
Oliver Norwood from Sheffield United. Decent midfield option that we know. We've still got a quarter chance of staying up, the Blades are doomed.

Move quickly!

2 goals in 73 appearances, hardly the goal scorer we need. Plus who would you drop in midfield for him? We need players who can score goals.

ron

Norwood not as the goal scorer, but as a very competent midfield support for the one we hopefully get.

sonnyjim

Doesn't look like we're gonna make any signings at all at this rate. I just can't see where the goals are gonna come from if we're actually attempting to stay up this season.

Brighton are beating Spurs and there will be more points between us now. 😣

SouthIslandWhite

If we don't sign Dwight Gayle in the next 24 hours, we are down imo.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

3 Cherries

Quote from: ron on January 31, 2021, 12:49:10 PM

Move quickly!

Haha that's funny - reckon the blades have us in their sights

Simply91

Quote from: Riversider on January 31, 2021, 01:45:22 PM

Interestingly Kane has been doing the same as we saw from Mitro - dropping very deep but being the key to unlock attacking chances. Arguably Kane's best season in the prem so far. If only he could've played against Brighton tonight...

Mince n Tatties