Started by bencher, February 02, 2021, 09:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Areola

Tete    Andersen     Tosin     Robinson

BDR        Reed      Anguissa   Bryan

Lookman 
           Mitrovic

Would try 442 or 4411.......If Mitro is knackerd stick RLC behind the forward and put Lookman up front?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

New Kid on the Block

It's all very well having pace, as Robinson clearly does. However, if the cross at the end of a blistering run leads to nowt, then it is not effective. Joe provides those accurate crosses, almost every time. I've said it before, it is no coincidence that Mitro was top scorer in the Championship last season, cos Joe assisted in 6 of them. That's pretty impressive figures. I like Robinson, don't get me wrong, but I think Joe has a better end result and that's what counts.

sunburywhite

It would be Fulhamish to do the double over Leicester tomorrow
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Blawarmy

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 02, 2021, 09:22:35 AM
Maja can't play. I'd say play another attacker instead of him but they've all gone out on loan
How comes WBA signed a player Friday who played against us on Saturday?

VamosFFC

Quote from: Tabby on February 02, 2021, 03:19:51 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 02, 2021, 02:46:10 PM
I don't get the big deal about Robinson to be honest. Bryan is a better all round wing back and deserves a more substantial run of games. His crosses are better than Robinsons, hes a better defender and quicker. Someone please prove me wrong.

I'd say Bryan is better at passing the ball, crossing and finishing, but a worse defender and he lacks the pace that Robinson has. Robinson is able to contribute more going forward thanks to that pace while still being able to defend, a bit like Fredericks used to do.

I think you may have contradicted yourself here. How is Robinson able to contribute more if he can't even put a decent cross in most of the time. Pace can only get you in good positions, but if you can't put a decent ball into the box then it's all for nothing. You even said Bryan is the better passer and crosser, which I completely agree with. Bryan isn't lacking in pace either. He may not be as quick as Robinson, but he's no slouch either. Robinson's touch is lacking and it puts him in bad situations a lot of the time.

Jim©

I'm concerned with Robinsons defensive ability. Often dives in and if you watch him for w broms 2nd goal he just stood there, very very odd. I'd pick Bryan over him to start.

FFC1987

Bryan's crossing this season has been poor though and he gets them in less due to his lack of pace driving forward.

Mickeyboro

Unsurprisingly Robinson was not at his best after suspension.

We need our full backs to hit the line like Fred and Ryan Malone. Lookman passing to Robinson occasionally would help!

FFC1987

I know we want to be optimistic again but this Leicester is still probably better than Brom and maybe Brighton so its a tough ask. I fancy a draw.

twang

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 02, 2021, 11:03:36 PM
I know we want to be optimistic again but this Leicester is still probably better than Brom and maybe Brighton so its a tough ask. I fancy a draw.

Good time to face them though. No Castagne, Fofana, Ndidi, Praet or Vardy. Especially Ndidi and Vardy are huge blows for them.

perry geyton

Quote from: twang on February 02, 2021, 09:22:06 AM
Areola
Aina - Andersen - Tosin
Tete - Anguissa - Reed - Robinson
Decordova-Reid - Mitrovic - Lookman

Works for me

LC

Quote from: perry geyton on February 02, 2021, 11:22:17 PM
Quote from: twang on February 02, 2021, 09:22:06 AM
Areola
Aina - Andersen - Tosin
Tete - Anguissa - Reed - Robinson
Decordova-Reid - Mitrovic - Lookman

Works for me

Yeahh

FFC1987

Quote from: twang on February 02, 2021, 11:11:46 PM

Good time to face them though. No Castagne, Fofana, Ndidi, Praet or Vardy. Especially Ndidi and Vardy are huge blows for them.

Absolutely but that's my point. Even within those missing, they're still better than Brom and Brighton so it's still going to be tough!

We Are Premier League

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 02, 2021, 11:37:47 PM
Quote from: twang on February 02, 2021, 11:11:46 PM

Absolutely but that's my point. Even within those missing, they're still better than Brom and Brighton so it's still going to be tough!

Agree, Pereira and the Turkish CB are unfortunately class replacements in the back 4.

Still hope we can get something from the game because they are so used to rely on Vardy. CM will be key, they back alot of players in there so we will need a class game from Reed...

Blawarmy

I fancy us for this, which means we'll probably lose  [emoji849]

roberto w6

I'd go 4-3-3 (or more accurately 4-1-2-3 with Reed sitting deeper) although I do expect Scott to retain 5 at the back. I'd try BDR in the middle up-front. He seems to be our best for finding goal atm and Mitro isn't on goal scoring form so why not play a side based on current form. We can always bring Mitro on if Bobby is not hitting the target

Areola

Tete
Andersen
Tosin
Robinson

Reed

Anguissa
Lemina

Cav
BDR
Lookman

MikeCdawg

R e original post. I don't think Maja will start, too soon for him. Mitrovic probably won't even start.

We can look forward to cavaleiro tripping over his heels when through one on one

#freekebano

Maidstone Lee

I know he got a goal at West Brom but I hope Cav doesn't start. Want to see Lookman and Bobby Reid playing off Mitro tonight. Reid deserves to play a bit further forward.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Tabby

Quote from: VamosFFC on February 02, 2021, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: Tabby on February 02, 2021, 03:19:51 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 02, 2021, 02:46:10 PM
I don't get the big deal about Robinson to be honest. Bryan is a better all round wing back and deserves a more substantial run of games. His crosses are better than Robinsons, hes a better defender and quicker. Someone please prove me wrong.

I'd say Bryan is better at passing the ball, crossing and finishing, but a worse defender and he lacks the pace that Robinson has. Robinson is able to contribute more going forward thanks to that pace while still being able to defend, a bit like Fredericks used to do.

I think you may have contradicted yourself here. How is Robinson able to contribute more if he can't even put a decent cross in most of the time. Pace can only get you in good positions, but if you can't put a decent ball into the box then it's all for nothing. You even said Bryan is the better passer and crosser, which I completely agree with. Bryan isn't lacking in pace either. He may not be as quick as Robinson, but he's no slouch either. Robinson's touch is lacking and it puts him in bad situations a lot of the time.

Go back and watch the games where Bryan has been playing, there have been many times where forwards look out towards the left expecting an overlapping run, but Bryan is standing still. Robinson creates space by making those runs to allow players like Lookman to get a 1 on 1 with a defender rather than having to beat two players.

It is pretty obvious that Parker agrees seing as Robinson has been playing every minute in the league that he has been available for since his introduction.

roberto w6

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 03, 2021, 11:13:43 AM
I know he got a goal at West Brom but I hope Cav doesn't start. Want to see Lookman and Bobby Reid playing off Mitro tonight. Reid deserves to play a bit further forward.

We may as well give anything a go and that sounds as good as anything else. For me (and oh how I'd love to have to come on here and publicly announce I was wrong) Mitro is not up to goal scoring regularly in this league - never has been if you look at the stats. That's why I say give Bobby a game as no.9 - his finishing was pretty poor last season but he seems to be our best finisher atm. Or put Lookman in a central position and maybe try Jo Bryan on left wing and BDR or Cav on the right.

As for Cav, while I don't think either Jarzinho or Ronaldo have to worry about their reputations as great right-wingers being threatened, I think he'd probably be my first choice from our squad on the right. But, I agree, not in the middle - not fair on him or the team.