https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Leicester

Started by bencher, February 02, 2021, 09:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: roberto w6 on February 03, 2021, 11:44:18 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 03, 2021, 11:13:43 AM
I know he got a goal at West Brom but I hope Cav doesn't start. Want to see Lookman and Bobby Reid playing off Mitro tonight. Reid deserves to play a bit further forward.
Mitro is not up to goal scoring regularly in this league - never has been if you look at the stats.

11 goals last time we were up says otherwise.

filham

Quote from: Tabby on February 02, 2021, 03:19:51 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 02, 2021, 02:46:10 PM
I don't get the big deal about Robinson to be honest. Bryan is a better all round wing back and deserves a more substantial run of games. His crosses are better than Robinsons, hes a better defender and quicker. Someone please prove me wrong.
Fully agree we need Robinson's pace, there is not a lot about elsewhere in the team.

I'd say Bryan is better at passing the ball, crossing and finishing, but a worse defender and he lacks the pace that Robinson has. Robinson is able to contribute more going forward thanks to that pace while still being able to defend, a bit like Fredericks used to do.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Tabby on February 03, 2021, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: VamosFFC on February 02, 2021, 10:19:44 PM
I don't get the big deal about Robinson to be honest. Bryan is a better all round wing back and deserves a more substantial run of games. His crosses are better than Robinsons, hes a better defender and quicker. Someone please prove me wrong.

I'd say Bryan is better at passing the ball, crossing and finishing, but a worse defender and he lacks the pace that Robinson has. Robinson is able to contribute more going forward thanks to that pace while still being able to defend, a bit like Fredericks used to do.

I think you may have contradicted yourself here. How is Robinson able to contribute more if he can't even put a decent cross in most of the time. Pace can only get you in good positions, but if you can't put a decent ball into the box then it's all for nothing. You even said Bryan is the better passer and crosser, which I completely agree with. Bryan isn't lacking in pace either. He may not be as quick as Robinson, but he's no slouch either. Robinson's touch is lacking and it puts him in bad situations a lot of the time.

Go back and watch the games where Bryan has been playing, there have been many times where forwards look out towards the left expecting an overlapping run, but Bryan is standing still. Robinson creates space by making those runs to allow players like Lookman to get a 1 on 1 with a defender rather than having to beat two players.

It is pretty obvious that Parker agrees seing as Robinson has been playing every minute in the league that he has been available for since his introduction.

Yes, it's obvious that Parker prefers Robinson. I'm just saying both have their strengths and weaknesses. Robinson puts himself in good positions, but his ball control and crossing let him down a lot of the time. I would like to see some rotation between the two maybe.

Gloria Hunter

Quote from: VamosFFC on February 03, 2021, 03:15:49 PM
Quote from: Tabby on February 03, 2021, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: VamosFFC on February 02, 2021, 10:19:44 PM

I think you may have contradicted yourself here. How is Robinson able to contribute more if he can't even put a decent cross in most of the time. Pace can only get you in good positions, but if you can't put a decent ball into the box then it's all for nothing. You even said Bryan is the better passer and crosser, which I completely agree with. Bryan isn't lacking in pace either. He may not be as quick as Robinson, but he's no slouch either. Robinson's touch is lacking and it puts him in bad situations a lot of the time.

Go back and watch the games where Bryan has been playing, there have been many times where forwards look out towards the left expecting an overlapping run, but Bryan is standing still. Robinson creates space by making those runs to allow players like Lookman to get a 1 on 1 with a defender rather than having to beat two players.

It is pretty obvious that Parker agrees seing as Robinson has been playing every minute in the league that he has been available for since his introduction.

Yes, it's obvious that Parker prefers Robinson. I'm just saying both have their strengths and weaknesses. Robinson puts himself in good positions, but his ball control and crossing let him down a lot of the time. I would like to see some rotation between the two maybe.
For some games, I'd like to see them both operating on the left, probably JB more defensive and AR in front of him.

roberto w6

Quote from: twang on February 03, 2021, 12:17:35 PM
I know he got a goal at West Brom but I hope Cav doesn't start. Want to see Lookman and Bobby Reid playing off Mitro tonight. Reid deserves to play a bit further forward.
Mitro is not up to goal scoring regularly in this league - never has been if you look at the stats.

Roughly 1 in 4 games is probably below average for a PL striker, I'd have thought albeit we were a very struggling side. Also, I'm guessing that penalties are included in that number.
Of course, he can score at this level, just not prolifically and at the moment I'd rate BDR and Lookman above him on current form when presented with an opportunity.
I'm not saying don't consider him or put him on the scrap-heap, just that right now I think BDR or Lookman would be better in the centre-forward slot.
I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, totally ecstatic.
COYW

Bill2

Quote from: alfie on February 02, 2021, 09:20:50 AM
I don't think Maja can play, to be able to play tomorrow registration had to happen before midday yesterday. Well I think that's what I read.

From what I read somewhere he is eligible but won't start, probably be on the bench.

clarkey

Look we need to score so forget RLC and Cav straight away.

BDR needs to be up top with Mitro and Lookman

the back five pick themselves:
Usual GK and then Tete Anderson Tosin Robinson
Lemina Harrison Reed Anguissa

If Parker insists on back five then put Aina back in and drop Lemina to the bench

We need to score. 0-0 at half time and then score in second half.Please mark Barnes.

Jim©

Quote from: roberto w6 on February 03, 2021, 03:24:36 PM
Quote from: twang on February 03, 2021, 12:17:35 PM

Roughly 1 in 4 games is probably below average for a PL striker, I'd have thought albeit we were a very struggling side. Also, I'm guessing that penalties are included in that number.
Of course, he can score at this level, just not prolifically and at the moment I'd rate BDR and Lookman above him on current form when presented with an opportunity.
I'm not saying don't consider him or put him on the scrap-heap, just that right now I think BDR or Lookman would be better in the centre-forward slot.
I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, totally ecstatic.
COYW

23 goals in 71 games worth of minutes is pretty good, especially the tough time he's had this season (which makes up a chunk of those games). I think he's now the highest amount of shots without scoring in the prem (30 I think i read), so he's due a change in luck...
He seems a bit rejuvenated of late and thought he was so impressive playing that central anchor role v West Brom in the first half. The quicker, wider players were free to find space either side of him, I'd hope for a repeat.

On balance of goals scored from chances created, BDR must be up there in the Prem this season. Cav likely at the other end though I'm perplexed why his superb header wasn't talked about a bit more?!