News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It would make no difference which manager came to us.

Started by blingo, February 04, 2021, 10:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

His wings would be clipped by TK's system of not getting the players the manager wants in. It happened with Ranieri and it will happen for as long as boy wonder is in charge as D O Flops

ChrisB22

ALG01

When isay such things I receive a load of critical abuse (not discussion) from TK's 'fan club'
But of course you are correct and when i speak with friends that do support the club, they are are typically of the same broiad opinion.
It isn't what happened this window, it is every window that avoidable errors occur.

We all know any player is a gamble and sometimes it doesn't work out. RLC would be one such. A good try but not successful at all.
However not getting in forwards at the start of the season and repeating the error now is ridiculous.

When the owner talks aboiut his hopes for the future we know that until he does what he has to do, then as far as consitent playing success is concerned, it will be a pipe dream.

lovely new stand but unnecesarilly in the championship.

we beat villa at wembley and went up with wolves. we were IMO better than both with a brilliant manager.
Now they are both miles ahead of us and there is only one reason why that is so because we have massive finacial resources.

FulhamStu

Quote from: ALG01 on February 04, 2021, 03:04:13 PM
When isay such things I receive a load of critical abuse (not discussion) from TK's 'fan club'
But of course you are correct and when i speak with friends that do support the club, they are are typically of the same broiad opinion.
It isn't what happened this window, it is every window that avoidable errors occur.

We all know any player is a gamble and sometimes it doesn't work out. RLC would be one such. A good try but not successful at all.
However not getting in forwards at the start of the season and repeating the error now is ridiculous.

When the owner talks aboiut his hopes for the future we know that until he does what he has to do, then as far as consitent playing success is concerned, it will be a pipe dream.

lovely new stand but unnecesarilly in the championship.

we beat villa at wembley and went up with wolves. we were IMO better than both with a brilliant manager.
Now they are both miles ahead of us and there is only one reason why that is so because we have massive finacial resources.

FFP which I don't fully understand but we can't spend more than allowed.  We have a big salary which has allowed us to buy good players however our income is just not enough.  I am not in the TONY Khan fan club as you put it however he is not the devil incarnate like some want to make out, has made errors like most clubs but also done some good things with some great signings.  My issue is he should be here, 100% on the job and a DOF should do much more than just transfers.. He should oversea the footballing strategy, the pathway for the academy, working with the academy director on recruitment and development and I suspect much more, this is all pretty difficult to do from Florida with no footballing background and lots of other jobs !

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: blingo on February 04, 2021, 10:23:56 AM
His wings would be clipped by TK's system of not getting the players the manager wants in. It happened with Ranieri and it will happen for as long as boy wonder is in charge as D O Flops

Ranieri was the problem. Not TK. 

colinwhite

Slaphead in Qatar

Yes we need an experienced DOF - experienced in football and in business dealings. It would also help if our DOFs only job was to be our DOF.

hovewhite

Bingo I concur 100%
TK is the problem and until he goes to his wrestling interest he singlehandedly destroying his dad's sports teams both Fulham and the Jaguars lovely everything shads teams until you get them on the pitch then the sorroundings are enough because shad seems to ignore what happens on the pitch.
What happens to Parker isn't going to change Jack all.

Baszab

Blingo - agreed 100% for the ninety fourth time !
This is exactly what has happened in the past with the last 3 managers

Wait for the inevitable TK PR press team response though further down

LittleErn

Both the two main problems have been mentioned on here. Not being based in the UK and having too many other irons in the fire. I think TK is genuinely trying to get the best players for us within the constraints of FFP (which seems to be the most UNfair system) but not being here in the UK means that he can't build personal relationships with agents or players (or even players' families which have been crucial in the past). The "old boys network" runs deep in UK football. Having too many other interests must divert him from the job. As others have said, it cannot be a part-time job. I hope that TK has a large team working for him in this country and reporting to him, but it's not the same as having him being able to focus on the job all the time.

blingo

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 04, 2021, 03:59:26 PM
Quote from: blingo on February 04, 2021, 10:23:56 AM

Ranieri was the problem. Not TK. 

Ranieri is a top class manager Rufus. He came to us knowing he was not allowed to choose who he wanted in but hey ho it was money in his sky rocket. Had he had the resources and had been able to make proper footballing decisions he would have done much better.

blingo