more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RLC...

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, February 05, 2021, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamtom on February 06, 2021, 06:50:06 PM
I am really really not a fan of RLC but today so far is his best game for us!!!!!

And yet he's still not been better than a 6/10 which is the issue

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Yeah
87th minute heads over
90th minute shoots wide
Underwhelming in spite of what Dion says
For goodness sake - send him home!!
Sorry Scotty, think times up as you can only keep finding more of "them moments"

Twig

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on February 06, 2021, 07:30:34 PM
Yeah
87th minute heads over
90th minute shoots wide
Underwhelming in spite of what Dion says
For goodness sake - send him home!!
Sorry Scotty, think times up as you can only keep finding more of "them moments"

Yep

Luka

RLC huffs and puffs but in the end delivers no end product.
Got lots of ball today, still nothing in his locker to suggest he is good at this level.

TC's Sporran

like i suspected one of his better games for us.

but no end product, wasteful and nowhere near the game changer/winner we need.

ive seen enough. you can tell there is a player in there somewhere but i would be happy if he never played again.

rusty shackleford

Slows evert attack to a grinding halt

andyk

He was very good today.  Took up positions in the centre of a very crowded midfield.  Found pockets of space, drove us forward .  The couple of  chances he missed were very difficult, half chances really.
If we  could buy him for the Championship, we should do it. Make him captain and try to build a Premiership side aroumd him, next year.  He'll be inundated with offers if Chelsea let him go, so probably no chance.

Matt10

He made a difference in the first half, and anchored a lot of our attacks. However, we need end product. I wouldn't go as far as to remove someone like that. That seems a bit illogical considering it's not just RLC that isn't producing results. If he was the only one, then fine, but he had a good match.

filham

I thought RLC had a good game today, he is prepared to run at defenders and not easy to get off the ball. If only he had taken his goal chance he could have become MOM.

ALG01

today he achieved almost Ok but had no end product, passing in final third poor and slow, shooting, pathetic, and generally we would not miss him if he never played again. what is worse he is untouchable, parker will never drop him so he really doesn'rt have to put in the effort and it shows. but I agree, better today he achieved oridinary status.

WindyCity

Credit to RLC for a "pretty good game" played v WHU.  That said, as others point out, there is still NO QUALITY on his finished product, his end result.  He just hasn't shown FFC fans that he is prem quality of a high stature, the quality player his reputation brought to CC.  Still not impressed with RLC and when his run with FFC is finally over I will be happy.

RaySmith

He played reallly well, contributed to  our attacks, and created a lot of scoring  chances for himself - an another day  you'd think he'd at least one of them would go in.

I don't understand the animosity towards him.

Twig

He slows it down more than TC, but unlike TC he has no end product.  He may be something of an anchor but we already have Reed and Lemina, our need is for midfielders who can chip in with goals and that doesn't seem to be RLC.

ALG01

Quote from: RaySmith on February 07, 2021, 02:49:42 PM
He played reallly well, contributed to  our attacks, and created a lot of scoring  chances for himself - an another day  you'd think he'd at least one of them would go in.

It is his reputation. If you didn't know he had a past then you would never have guessed how good he used to be. He plays regardless of his form, he does not contribute anything like enough.

he is here to try and reclaim his form not help the cause.

mrmicawbers

Definitely an impressive step up.Needs more of an end product.So looking on the Brightside.

HV71

Quote from: Twig on February 07, 2021, 02:59:33 PM
He slows it down more than TC, but unlike TC he has no end product.  He may be something of an anchor but we already have Reed and Lemina, our need is for midfielders who can chip in with goals and that doesn't seem to be RLC.

Agree with every word of this. If we " anchor " any more then we will undoubtedly sink ! We have to be less cautious.

davew

I think some of it could be because he is on loan from Chelsea! Seems to try hard but no end result! Really can't see Chelsea keeping him on their books in the Summer.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

To add to Dave W - I don't think it has helped that all the commentators and pundits have heralded him as our " wonder boy " the potential saviour of our season. He was l
A lot better yesterday but before that ?

davew

I didn't realise that in the last 6 seasons he has only played 92 league games (source Wikipedia) and only scored 10 goals, 10 appearnces for England and no goals, so we can hardly expect him to score a lot of goals for us!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitestone

Agree with your comments regarding his performance.  On occasions the animosity has been way over the top.