watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RLC...

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, February 05, 2021, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Saw it earlier. Didn't bother to link it because I thought it would just lead to a re-run of the highly critical 'Loftus Cheek' thread from the night before last. (But please don't take this to imply I'm criticising you, Rufus, for alerting the forum to it - I'm not. I always knew someone would signpost it eventually.)

I suppose the one difference this time is his comments do lend themselves to ironic humour. Let's see what type of response it draws.

filham

Well if RLC himself thinks he is back to form then I guess that may tip the balance of opinion in his favour. I am disappointed as I was still hoping there was better to come but after 16 or so games I suppose what we are seeing is what we are going to get for the rest of the season.
I note however that he does hold out the promise of a goal'be great if that could come against Wet Spam.

Whitesideup

Well Rufusbrevettatemyhamster - your comment was a different take on the Rlc debate and it made me chuckle, and so thanks for the post!

Slaphead in Qatar

He's not going to say hes playing crap is he?

But he's this seasons Schurlle , big reputation but not performing anywhere near the standard we need him to.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

My point being, when he's on form he is a good, good player. We've yet to see his best. I hope he does come good because him in the middle of the park, should help tip the balance of results our way.
I like him, if I had a choice, I'd want him on a permanent, so please do t think im here to slag him off. I'm just asking if anyone has actually seen the form he mentioned.

perry geyton

After the previous Leicester performance I'd say he's actually getting worse
Either way he'll bugger off Back to Chelsea come the end of the season
He quite simply doesn't care about Fulham

ALG01

brillaint PR

Black is white apparently.

If that was his best form then he would not have made the england team.

To be honest, and that is what I always am, if you had never heard of him and just watched the games he played for us you would wonder what he is doing in our squad let alone first team.

perry geyton

TRUTH !!!

His agent probably co wrote that article

WindyCity

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 05, 2021, 12:48:07 PM
But he's this seasons Schurlle , big reputation but not performing anywhere near the standard we need him to.

This

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on February 05, 2021, 03:56:39 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 05, 2021, 12:48:07 PM

This

Agreed

Bill2

I have said this on a number of occasions and will repeat it again. When he is on the ball and taking it forward he is back to his best, quick and strong. But, and there is always a but, off the ball I am not sure what he is doing, he is weak in the challenge, won't challenge for the ball in the air against anyone which bearing in mind he is 6ft plus plus is a crying shame. So unless on the ball he is sometimes a passenger.
I won't say I have followed his career but first saw him in the U18s v Fulham in the cup final and he was excellent, always liked him in an England shirt. But after his bad injury he has not come back to his previous form I hope he does as although for us it may be too late.

H4usuallysitting

At the moment he's a luxury we can't afford....not enough effort, bit of a passenger

WindyCity

Quote from: Bill2 on February 06, 2021, 12:12:08 PM
I have said this on a number of occasions and will repeat it again. When he is on the ball and taking it forward he is back to his best, quick and strong. But, and there is always a but, off the ball I am not sure what he is doing, he is weak in the challenge, won't challenge for the ball in the air against anyone which bearing in mind he is 6ft plus plus is a crying shame. So unless on the ball he is sometimes a passenger.
I won't say I have followed his career but first saw him in the U18s v Fulham in the cup final and he was excellent, always liked him in an England shirt. But after his bad injury he has not come back to his previous form I hope he does as although for us it may be too late.

You say when he is one the ball taking it forward he is at his best.  That's fine.  BUT, I would also add from what we've seen so far this season it's what he ends up doing with that ball.  His final touch has been very poor.  That final touch/pass/shot/decision has been dreadful.  I think FFC is better off with him on the bench and eventually off the club when that time comes.

perry geyton

Quote from: WindyCity on February 06, 2021, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on February 06, 2021, 12:12:08 PM

You say when he is one the ball taking it forward he is at his best.  That's fine.  BUT, I would also add from what we've seen so far this season it's what he ends up doing with that ball.  His final touch has been very poor.  That final touch/pass/shot/decision has been dreadful.  I think FFC is better off with him on the bench and eventually off the club when that time comes.

Yeah he generally runs with the ball into a dead end street and ends up losing the ball to an opponent

IF HE STARTS TODAY "which he probably will" HE BETTER SHOW UP

I'll say it again TC is 10 times the player

Only Me

Just missed an easy chance

jayffc

Think hes played reasonably well this game in fairness

Deeping_white

Might have to report a case of fraud to the Met Police because he's stealing a living on £120k a week, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door ffs

fulhamtom

I am really really not a fan of RLC but today so far is his best game for us!!!!!

fulhamfan

He cannot hit the target though