News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop defending this team/our manager/transfers and style of play...

Started by General, February 06, 2021, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Its frustrating but going over the top about how poor we are is not strengthening anyones argument.We played well yesterday against a decent team and should have won. Mindlessly throwing out 2 wins all season and no wins in 14 only tells part of the story. I am proud of the team most of the time and have been for many games now.
General ,you are forgetting the most important thing about supporting a team IMO. If they put in good performances and give 100 per cent are unlucky and clearly close to winning matches, then your frustration cant make you just blurt out criticism of all and sundry ,hiding behind stats, and blaming it all on one scapegoat or another.
I am still proud of the team and I hope we stick with Parker and that he can turn it around.

I Ronic

A decent team who have won 7 and lost once to Liverpool before yesterdays game.

Whitesideup

Quote from: RogFFC on February 06, 2021, 07:41:05 PM
Don't agree with 99% of your posts. But do agree that the coach was at fault and we looked a bit tactically hopeless today which has been a growing theme. Sadly I think Parker should go at end of the season.
Tactically hopeless? We played a team 5th in the league and the general consensus amongst impartial observers was that we were the better team. Here's one quote "I thought you deserved more out of that game. It's a shame RLC cannot shoot straight". When we lost to West Ham away, we should have salvaged a point, but in that game I thought West ham had the better of the game. Yesterday that was definitely not the case, so tactically our play could not have been that bad. 

Rlc had the best chance, but good chances were also not taken by BDR (shot blocked in first half), Tosin's header, and Cav's shot over the bar. BDR's volley was just a great effort, and would have been goal of the season. Lookman's free kick and shots from Mitro and RLC were half-chances but ones you can score from. We didn't.

And there's the rub. I don't think it's tactics. I enjoyed our performance, thought we were the better team, but we cannot win games if we cannot score goals. And that's why unless that changes rapidly, and consistently, we are going down. Our players do a lot of good things, and defensively we now also do far fewer of the "bad things" ie errors to give away goals, but it has not been enough to win games, and in front of goal we have just not been good enough.

colinwhite

FFC1987

Quote from: davew on February 06, 2021, 09:18:47 PM
Quote from: filham on February 06, 2021, 08:50:13 PM
If only we had got a couple of those half chances on target this thread would be blank and we would be singing Parker's praises.
Our problem is getting shots on target and I really feel we have to give Mitro more game time.
Only sensible comment on this thread, so many negative comments which sounds great coming from me, we played well!!!!!!

Pardon to fart on your parade but would we really be singing his praises if we were 3 wins from 22? Some of you guys really do need to think critically about what we want from a fulham side and a manager. For what its worth, I'm still Parker in unless we can get a renowned manager in but come on folks, some of you guys really are trying to polish a turd here.

SG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 07, 2021, 11:09:45 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 07, 2021, 10:39:53 AM
Quote from: Zoppa77 on February 07, 2021, 10:18:52 AM
Firstly, I thought we played well against Spam. As has been mentioned, the inability to finish has cost us valuable points. We were the better team with fluid attacking that unfortunately finished in the final third or in row 'Z' in the stands.
Great players do not necessarily make great managers. Parker's achievements as a player are well deserved and well documented. I ask the Parker IN members to take a breath and look at results. This is a results driven environment. We have won 2 from 22. Whether it be Premier, Div 1 or school boy league it simply is it good enough. Take the emotion out of it, simply not good enough. No other manager would still be employed. Those wishing to persist with SP until it's too late = WTF.  There are available managers out there who will get more from our squad, which I believe could be mid table. Waiting to go down and then 'just come straight back up' is insane. We will lose players, have  injuries & spend the foreseeable future in Championship if we are lucky. There are 48 points to fight for. Either act now or be resigned to many years in the lower divisions.
SP thank you for your efforts, the door is over there, please don't let it hit your arse on the way out.

"There are available managers out there who will get more from our squad". Go on then I'll bite. Who? Not a fantasy manager/coach or a long shot but who? Who is ready to go now with their coaching team in place and a plan? Who is available that will sign up to a three year stint with the distinct possibility that their first headline will be relegation confirmed?
No transfer window, no magic wand for Kongolo or Cairney, Mitrovic barely earning a slot and after a long term, obvious need for a forward we get an untried, untested player in at the very last minute.
The squad looks united, did you spot the subs warming down with no fuss, so anybody coming in will have to win over the squad, doubly tough with the loanees. On that if anybody could convince Anderson to stay I believe it's SP.
I have to agree... I cannot think of a single Manager who would come in AND make the current team any better.  No manager can make the Strikers hit the target.... that is down to the players themselves.... Obviously actually playing the strikers in the first instance would help with that..... I thought we looked very good yesterday, apart from the final 3rd.... Big, Big month ahead....
COYW ⚽️⚽️👍

This sums it up for me. If RLC chips it up and over Fabianski and between the posts, if Cav puts it under the cross bar instead of 10 feet over ....
These are professional footballers and on both occasions the ball should be nestling in the back of the net. Not playing one or two recognised centre forwards is irrelevant when looking at those chances.
If we carry on playing as we are I still think we have a chance. However if the worst happens so be it. I just want to get back to strolling through the park, passing through the turnstiles, watching the river flow and taking in the wonderful ambience of our historic stadium and sparkling new stand - and watching us play live in whatever division we are in.