News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop defending this team/our manager/transfers and style of play...

Started by General, February 06, 2021, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

We're far too soft, I've felt like screaming at the screen for a sense of urgency in our play and bite in the tackle and speed to our passing.. we're soo pathetic, especially in our attacking play, there's no fluidity, people are passing sideways and backwards. I don't feel good in singling him out but in particular I've noticed Harrison Reed play particularly badly today... he makes no runs or movement when our defence have the ball, he just stands there with a West Ham player within 5 yards of him. It's not worth playing him over Anguissa, who I can only hope has a stomach bug or something.

Our play has got worse.. we're playing backwards so much more now, sideways too... lacking invention and leaving out players like Mitro and Anguissa who have the ability to make things happen and sticking with Cavaleiro who makes everything he does look so slow and basic. People could argue with Mitro not being as energetic but Cavaleiro doesn't do anything better, and offers nothing of a physical presence.

The issue is it's never one thing that gets you sent down, and the reality we've been too overconfident because we've had some good draws, but our last 11 games have got us 7 points, which is now 19/20th best in the league, along with the amount of goals we've scored and our conversion rate. At this level as manager Parker simply doesn't adapt or get the result needed and our play is clearly trained into our squad - we're like Parker when he was a player, hard to get past, but uninspiring aside from every now and then when a goal gets got. WEVE GOT TO GET IN A MANAGER LIKE BENITEZ.

I'm completely fed up of watching us put in the same insipid and uninspired performances in week in week out - it wasn't enjoyable in the championship when we were getting results, and it's horrendous to watch such dry performances like these knowing full well they're just not going to change with Parker in charge.

On top of all of this - Tony Khan... Bringing in F****king MAJA - a striker who's not scored more than six goals in a season as our saving grace is a piss poor attempt at making an effort to sign a player we desperately need.

I'd think this even if we did win, which i'd still be very suprised if we did as we simply don't ever look like challenging up front and scoring.. we've only scored 17 goals all season, which is our worst record in the history of us playing in the premiership.

There's also no leaders in the team, no players who're going to pick up a game by the scruff of the kneck and create the necessary magic...

Someone convince me otherwise that we'll be ok, i'd love it if you could and it was backed up by anything but dire performances. Please can we as a fan base get annoyed properly about what's going on. It's time we actually start getting annoyed as a fan base - the whole thing is hugely inept. Surely you can't constantly back things the way they are, when they offer soo little.

ScalleysDad

General

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 06, 2021, 07:11:09 PM
Parker In.

Why would put up with a manager who simply can't get wins at this level? Defeats the whole point of professional/competitive sports, let alone football. Shocking apathy from you. 2 WINS, TWO.. in 21/22 games.. that's the worst i've ever seen as a fulham fan.. even did better under Magath and Lawrie Sanchez.

Somerset Fulham

Why oh why do people continue to talk about Benitez?

It's just....bizzarre.

New Kid on the Block

I think we are boring, slow a d lacking in urgency. The few chances we create we waste, only 2 shots on target today. It would help us a lot more if Robinson crossed to our players instead of West Ham's and leaving the subs until 12 mins from the end was stupid and pointless.
There is no chink of light at the end of the tunnel, whatsoever.

General

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 06, 2021, 07:37:19 PM
Why oh why do people continue to talk about Benitez?

It's just....bizzarre.

Because he's a manager who's available, he went down with Newcastle Utd, got them straight up, can motivate players, get results in the premiership and Newcastle didn't want him to leave, but he left newcastle due to lack of ambition and budget, which you could argue is less of a problem for us. Eddie Howe would be another alternative, but another season of uninspiring performances under Parker, when we've got better players in our squad than our performances/results suggest is, well... bizzarre... not only bizarre it is arguably the definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

RogFFC

Don't agree with 99% of your posts. But do agree that the coach was at fault and we looked a bit tactically hopeless today which has been a growing theme. Sadly I think Parker should go at end of the season.

blingo

Quote from: RogFFC on February 06, 2021, 07:41:05 PM
Don't agree with 99% of your posts. But do agree that the coach was at fault and we looked a bit tactically hopeless today which has been a growing theme. Sadly I think Parker should go at end of the season.

Why wait when there are still 51 points to play for???

General

I've admittedly become a bit more extreme and impatient this season. getting fed up. Haven't always been so vocal in this way. Always interesting though to know how posts go down with various users... doesn't matter though as one on one opinions on forums count for practically nothing apart from passing time.

RogFFC

Quote from: blingo on February 06, 2021, 07:42:55 PM

Why wait when there are still 51 points to play for???

Too far adrift I think now whoever is in charge. May as well just see out the season rather than have another Ranieri style appointment.

Lyle from Hangeland

I'll defend whomever I want to.  Rafa's not going to be able to help Fulham... he wouldn't even play Mitrovic. So forget about it.

Somerset Fulham

Benitez 100% will not be coming to Fulham, people seem to need to let that sink in.

General

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 06, 2021, 07:50:17 PM
I'll defend whomever I want to.  Rafa's not going to be able to help Fulham... he wouldn't even play Mitrovic. So forget about it.

He didn't play mitro back then, when Newcastle had other options and Mitro had a bad temperment and kept getting red carded. Mitro is arguably our only recognised striker, so he'd have no choice. 51 points to play for is a lot and for the teams above us who are scraping wins every now and then, a change in management could see us usurp them, but it needs to happen.

Realistically though, I imagine if the blame on TK being too focused on his wrestling business and the jags is true, nothing will happen and we'll go out with a wimper.

Andyb

You do realise Benitez doesn't play attacking football? Stick with Parker follow the burnley model if we go down.

Matt10

My only issue was that we made such late subs. Mitro and Maja was fine, but needed to be 10 minutes earlier. Matty Wells was writing on a piece of paper for what looked like 10 minutes. Unreal.

Style of play is hard to pin down as we haven't played a 4-2-3-1 in quite a while. So, I'm not sure where the criticism is there. It was completely skewed because we couldn't get Robinson or Tete as immediately advanced as we wanted. We found more holes in the center of the attacking third though - so I think that is a positive. The issue with Cav continues. This time we would be on so many breaks to start counters, only for Cav to straying offsides - preventing RLC or Lookman to find him. Incredibly frustrating because Cav played well, but we missed out on a lot of chances due to his lack of awareness in the position.

Plodder

I disagree with General's diatribe; I am not going to make any effort to "convince him otherwise", because he is entitled to his views and to write whatever he wants, but also I feel no obligation to "get annoyed properly about what's going on".  Overall, I thought we played well today, and created more chances than West Ham Utd did in a tight game. The problem was the same as ever, which has been mentioned ad nauseam  - we don't have a natural goalscorer (apart from Mitrovic, who has been completely out of form).  Maja may help to address this, but it is a very long shot, and asking a huge amount of him. But to criticise Harrison Reed for "playing particularly badly" and calling the performance "insipid", "uninspired, "dire" etc. is probably frustration in the immediate aftermath of another draw, rather than an objective assessment of the match. 0-3 v Villa was "dire"; this was not.  Do I think we will stay up?  Odds clearly against it, but today I am disappointed that we did not get three points rather than angry at the players, coaches and manager.

HillingdonFFC

Makes me laugh when people moan about Parkerball then talk about Benitez
We constantly pushed forward second half & if RLC & that t**t Cavaleiro score there we win that comfortably

General

Quote from: Andyb on February 06, 2021, 07:57:13 PM
You do realise Benitez doesn't play attacking football? Stick with Parker follow the burnley model if we go down.

At this point, I really don't care - what I care about more is getting results. Benitez with this squad is more likely to get us results.