watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could be all over bar the shouting

Started by JimmyConway, February 13, 2021, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Just watching that game and Roy, looks like he's had enough . I reckon he'll call it's day come may.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nero

Well Parkers just needs to win more Premier Leagues games than he's won in his managerial career

The Old Count

Quote from: john dempsey on February 13, 2021, 04:43:37 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on February 13, 2021, 04:40:09 PM
The way teams above us are picking up wins we'd probably need 42 points to stay up. So we need to win 8 draw 3 and lose 5. That's pretty much  top six form. Not impossible but highly unlikely.
[/quote  Those results on current form under parker will
take 3 seasons..
Almost double our existing points tally. A grim outlook.

Baszab

Everton just put 5 past Spuds and 3 past Manure in one week
Can you imagine how negative we're going to start ?
Anything less than a 3-0 thrashing would be great

Wingnut

Quote from: Baszab on February 13, 2021, 05:08:34 PM
Everton just put 5 past Spuds and 3 past Manure in one week
Can you imagine how negative we're going to start ?
Anything less than a 3-0 thrashing would be great

We are solid at the back, and I cant see a weakened Everton side putting three past us. Wouldn't surprise me if this is another 0-0. We are going to be ultra cautious, and they are not going to be at full strength. They've City and Liverpool next week.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

davew

Quote from: Logicalman on February 13, 2021, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 13, 2021, 04:06:05 PM
Game over. Burnley 3 nil up now. We just can't score enough goals to get us out of trouble imo.

Unfortunately even the glass-half-full brigade (of which  am a paid up member btw) will need to reconcile themselves to what is becoming the inevitable. Once the mathematics are in, then that's it, and I'm not too sure that won't be too far down the road.
No hope then for us glass half empty members, having just watched the Burnley match (taped) against a pathetic Palace effort, I am forecasting 1 point in our home match vs Burnley and none away on Wednesday. What was surprising was to see how many players Burnley had in attacking positions not sure I have seen them do that in many matches before good luck to them never thought they would be involved in the relegation battle. So who do we think we might catch now to avoid relegation?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Burnley were never going to be the team we need to catch, they are too organised and street wise.
I suppose looking at the gap between ourselves and safety, Newcastle are the ones to catch, and even Palace could flirt if they continue to go on a bad run.
Going on what I have seen of Brighton look strong enough to stay in the Premier. So Newcastle and Palace are the only two who look vulnerable enough. But we have to start winning from tomorrow really. I admit I would not bet on us staying up, but I shall not accept it until it is mathematically impossible.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

70sPimlico

You know, in a weird way, they may have done us a favour. In case there was any doubt in the coaching teams mind, its only wins that count now.

The "played well, deserved to win, fine-margins" stuff has had it.

Do I think we will do it? No.

Do I think there is a 10% chance? Yes.

We're only half way through the season. Goes without saying we now need to be winning 2 to 3 games on the spin. There is a chance a team will fall off. It happens.

Really interested to see how we set up tomorrow.

The Old Count

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 13, 2021, 07:22:28 PM
You know, in a weird way, they may have done us a favour. In case there was any doubt in the coaching teams mind, its only wins that count now.

We're only half way through the season. Goes without saying we now need to be winning 2 to 3 games on the spin. There is a chance a team will fall off. It happens.

I suspect we'll be set up not to lose whereas, we need to be set up to win.

Arthur

Quote from: SP on February 13, 2021, 03:46:12 PM
I do wonder where we'd be in the table with a manger with the nous of Sean Dyche?

True.

But it's also worth reflecting that Burnley are where they are with Sean Dyche because the Club bucked a trend by not showing him the door when his Burnley team were relegated from the Premier League in 2015 in Dyche's first season managing at this level.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Arthur on February 13, 2021, 07:59:26 PM
I do wonder where we'd be in the table with a manger with the nous of Sean Dyche?

True.

But it's also worth reflecting that Burnley are where they are with Sean Dyche because the Club bucked a trend by not showing him the door when his Burnley team were relegated from the Premier League in 2015 in Dyche's first season managing at this level.
If Scott doesn't get autos next season I'll be very surprised.

Twig

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM

Well, starting in defence - look at what he's done with Tarkowski & Mee - imagine what he could do with Andersen & Adarabioyo.

Oh, and we would actually work on set pieces in training.

What do you think he needs to do with Andersen and Tosin?

Blawarmy

Quote from: Twig on February 13, 2021, 08:59:31 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM

Well, starting in defence - look at what he's done with Tarkowski & Mee - imagine what he could do with Andersen & Adarabioyo.

Oh, and we would actually work on set pieces in training.

What do you think he needs to do with Andersen and Tosin?
Get them to stay next season in the championship

Dodger53

Those of us that said that the promotion side was not going to survive the Premiership were right. Great fun to be promoted but as has been proven very few if any of the promoted side are good enough for the Premier league.

davew

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 13, 2021, 07:22:28 PM

We don't always agree but tonight I agree 100% with you!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

blingo

Mitro hat trick and the great escape begins ;)

Blawarmy

Quote from: blingo on February 13, 2021, 09:36:11 PM
Mitro hat trick and the great escape begins ;)
Someone's gotta hit the bloody net sooner or later.

blingo

Exactly so why not tomorrow. He owes me as I back him every time he plays

jarv

I think it was woolly, agree, Newcastle and Palace are our only hope now. 

Berserker

I'm hoping the spat between Parker and Tony Khan will spur Parker into a raging mindset of 'I'll show you I'm good enough for the Prem league and I can keep the team up'.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.