more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker isn't happy.

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, February 13, 2021, 01:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 17, 2021, 11:19:23 AM
I am possibly just a lone voice but I don't really get the TK hullabaloo. I am overall happy with his players brought in and the level of right fits for what's needed, seem to be getting much better.

Everything aside, even his harshest critics would have to cut some slack this season having a month to build a squad to survive. We would have been favourites for relegation, simply because we were so far behind every one else because of covid.

Fair enough, beat him up for not getting s striker in earlier but at least credit for the other players. Same people having a go now were saying that we would beat Derbys low points total and most goals against total. Now, we're conceding less than most teams and beating Everton away for the first time since.....ever.

You can credit anyone else for this but surely he deserves a nod of approval.

Hes brash, has an ego and bigs himself up. I know I won't convince many on here and I'm not trying to but just to say, there's at least one guy over here, who happens to think he's ok

0001.jpeg
Not saying he hasn't any faults, but overall his signings have been good, often vey good, and are the reason  we are  in the Prem, and got there before, and , with the most recent,  have a chance of remaining there.
also, he is not responsible  of signing players alone, but heads a team, though his family has to pay for them, so obviously calls the shots, along FFP restrictions.

The Old Count

I am possibly just a lone voice but I don't really get the TK hullabaloo. I am overall happy with his players brought in and the level of right fits for what's needed, seem to be getting much better.

Everything aside, even his harshest critics would have to cut some slack this season having a month to build a squad to survive. We would have been favourites for relegation, simply because we were so far behind every one else because of covid.

Fair enough, beat him up for not getting s striker in earlier but at least credit for the other players. Same people having a go now were saying that we would beat Derbys low points total and most goals against total. Now, we're conceding less than most teams and beating Everton away for the first time since.....ever.

Hes brash, has an ego and bigs himself up. I know I won't convince many on here and I'm not trying to but just to say, there's at least one guy over here, who happens to think he's ok
Well put. I agree completely.

Twig

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on February 17, 2021, 05:25:50 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 16, 2021, 11:20:33 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 16, 2021, 10:35:45 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 14, 2021, 02:30:13 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 13, 2021, 10:31:03 PM
I am 100% thinking that the class is half full, but this feels like the beginning to the end...TK an SP going at it in media will result in one of them leaving... :031: Just hope we can rack up a few wins on the trot so that its TK and not SP...don't think they will both be in their current job come June...

Let's get this correct. You want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players, but you don't want the person spending "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players to be Tony Khan.

The poor rich man is not even deceased and looks healthy enough to me. Yet you have this worrying obsession with his passing away which could be in 20 to 30 years and his inheritance money, almost to the point of you having to be sectioned under the mental health act of 1983. Shahid Khans wife Ann would be the main beneficiary, plus he has a daughter Shanna who he could leave his fortune to her after coming to his senses and realising the buffoonery of his son. So you may have to wait a long time for the outcome.

Ana Khan (TK's mum) seems to be 100% behind pouring as much money as possible to ensure our current DOF is successful, her unwavering support of giving money to Fulham may have more to do with loving her Son than her love of Fulham. We need her support to continue, our current DOF has that support, a DOF that doesn't have her support will find things much harder.

Shanna Khan (TK's sister) surely realises that she is several £100M richer every year, because Tony Khan is "Director of Football at Fulham" rather "Director of Operations at Flex-N-Gate". I'm also fairly confident that she would continue to support Tony Khan as DOF for as long as she is concerned that TK is not ready for a major role at Flex-n-Gate".

I'm suggesting that if Shahid Khan sacks his son, then he may lose the current support he has from his wife, his son and his daughter to invest in the club; which may affect his future investment.

If you want to question, my mental health with this logic go ahead, but to suggest Shahid Khan is affected by his family opinions is not mental illness, but observing that he has a history of listening to his family such as proved by the current appointment of DOF, may suggest he also listens to their budget suggestions too.

So you're saying TK is DoF at Fulham because his sister thinks he is too incompetent for a major role at Flex'n'Gate  and WE SHOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT IT?

LOL  :005:

That's exactly what he's suggesting. Bizarre or what !

Twig

Agree he's brash and I don't happen to like that but it's irrelevant to me. The only thing that matters is whether he is competent and as a part-time, dilettante DoF I think he has shown that he isn't.
I agree that his more recent signings have been better. Although you have to question why, not for the first time, he signed a crocked defender. And also why money was spent signing Knocks after his rather underwhelming loan spell. Without those two poor decisions TK could easily have afforded a striker within whatever FFP constraints he may be under.
However for me the issue is not an argument over whether his individual signings have been good, bad or indifferent, it's the seeming lack of an overall strategy to his transfer dealings.  I think we can all agree that our squad has been imbalanced this season (and his decision to release both of Kebano and AK exacerbated that). We have a surfeit of defensive players and a lack of attackers/creators and I include our midfield in that argument. Sadly this lack of a considered strategic approach is not a recent problem, it is one we have lived with during much of TK's tenure and that is why I think he lacks the competence for this important role.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Twig on February 17, 2021, 02:23:22 PM

Agree he's brash and I don't happen to like that but it's irrelevant to me. The only thing that matters is whether he is competent and as a part-time, dilettante DoF I think he has shown that he isn't.
I agree that his more recent signings have been better. Although you have to question why, not for the first time, he signed a crocked defender. And also why money was spent signing Knocks after his rather underwhelming loan spell. Without those two poor decisions TK could easily have afforded a striker within whatever FFP constraints he may be under.
However for me the issue is not an argument over whether his individual signings have been good, bad or indifferent, it's the seeming lack of an overall strategy to his transfer dealings.  I think we can all agree that our squad has been imbalanced this season (and his decision to release both of Kebano and AK exacerbated that). We have a surfeit of defensive players and a lack of attackers/creators and I include our midfield in that argument. Sadly this lack of a considered strategic approach is not a recent problem, it is one we have lived with during much of TK's tenure and that is why I think he lacks the competence for this important role.

Fine. Thats one version. Mine is, we got unlucky with Kongolo but he'll come good, Kebano, as much as I love him, he is not the player for us right now as we need someone that can make a difference and I'd class AK as just not quite good enough for this level

Southcoastffc

On the Knockart point, because the loan/purchase contract was agreed before his performances became routinely underwhelming.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Old Count

Agree he's brash and I don't happen to like that but it's irrelevant to me. The only thing that matters is whether he is competent and as a part time, amateur I think he has shown that he isn't.
However for me the issue is not an argument over whether his individual signings have been good, bad or indifferent, it's the seeming lack of an overall strategy to his transfer dealings.  I think we can all agree that our squad has been imbalanced this season (and his decision to release both of Kebano and AK exacerbated that). We have a surfeit of defensive players and a lack of attackers and I include our midfield in that argument. Sadly this is not just a recent problem it is one we have lived with during much of TK's tenure and that is why I think he lacks the competence for this important role.
An honest and. fair assessment imo.    However, TK is improving, and it is his / his old man's money.  Sometimes in life it's best to  acquiesce to the foibles of those putting the money into something when their heart is in the right place and with support, there is every likleyhood of an improved situation.

Statto

Quote from: The Old Count on February 17, 2021, 02:34:23 PM
TK is improving, and it is his / his old man's money.  Sometimes in life it's best to  acquiesce to the foibles of those putting the money into something when their heart is in the right place and with support, there is every likleyhood of an improved situation.

Therein lies the rub. Is he improving?

Certainly his public relations aren't, and the character flaws of being egotistical and thin-skinned continue to manifest themselves in public ways which upset fans and distract the coach and players.

As for his transfer record, last summer wasn't bad. But one decent summer window in five years doesn't make a good DOF and the likelihood is still that the failures of previous seasons will drag us down in this one.

On his overall form, I'd rather see him step down if we're relegated this year, and take our chances with less money spent well, rather than wasting another fortune.

But of course if the improved performance last summer genuinely is a sign that TK's ascending a learning curve, acquiescence may be more appropriate, as you say. Time will tell.