more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maja very impressive

Started by perry geyton, February 17, 2021, 09:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Has a lovely touch and vision  holds the ball up really well

That play when he Lookman through was brilliant. Touch, spin and pass with the outside of the foot

I'm very impressed

davew

He certainly looks better than any other option we have up front, do we have any at the moment? 6 touches in the first half and none near the opponents goal so that must be lack of support, the same argument that some say why Mitro has been under performing, so what is the answer? I can´t agree that Maja looks impressive, he looks keen but then so did AK47 and Neeskens and where are they now? All will be revealed in the forthcoming weeks, would love to have Maja playing for us in the Championship if we go down.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Steeeeeeeeeed

I would say we saw extremely little of him (not his fault) to be able to say he was impressive. I still have no idea about his pace, strength, passing, finishing from anywhere outside the six yard box, etc...

BUT...

I did like some of the runs he was making. In particular he made a brilliant one after laying the ball off to Lookman and was free at the six yard line when Lookman had that shot near the end. (Not blaming Lookman for the shot at that point, as the pass was on for a fleeting moment really).

AND...

Did like his rather positive looking attitude. Seems to have a genuinely warm personality, not over the top, but he seems to get in well already with his team mates, and I saw him even smiling at the ref, and not being intimidated by the burly boys of Burnley.

So, that's the two things I got from him today,  not bad, promising I would say.

I

Milo

I don't think Lookman thinks much of him.

Had lots of opportunities for Lookman to pass to Maja all game when he instead just ignored him.

jayffc

Quote from: Milo on February 17, 2021, 10:52:13 PM

Had lots of opportunities for Lookman to pass to Maja all game when he instead just ignored him.

Think thats become abit of a theme, he gives Robinson the same treatment. Makes me wonder if its more just that he's over doing it and wanting to do it all himself 90% of the time. If he can work out whens good for him to take charge and whens better to lay it off qickly more regularly hell be a hell of a player. But he's playing less instinctually then he did early on pre penalty miss

ALG01

maja was very good in agame where he lived off scra[s. his pass to lookers was brilliant and lookers fluffed his line s near the end. maja was probably our stand out player.

tosin and aina were not covering themselves in glory at all and the goal was a bad dream so hope fully these two otherwise dependable performers will come back to normal on saturday.

AJW48361

Sheffield Utd will be mighty tough Saturday night they've turned the corner recently if we are not on it we lose.

Woolly Mammoth

Lookman does that to everybody, he can be very frustrating and selfish, tries to always beat one too many players and generally gets dispossessed. He needs to improve his decision making and release the ball earlier. As for Maja, so far I am impressed, always comes deep looking for the ball and there is more to his game than just scoring goals.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 18, 2021, 03:32:58 AM

Lookman does that to everybody, he can be very frustrating and selfish, tries to always beat one too many players and generally gets dispossessed. He needs to improve his decision making and release the ball earlier. As for Maja, so far I am impressed, always comes deep looking for the ball and there is more to his game than just scoring goals.

Yeah true but it's nice to have a player that wants to take people on, when he's on he's brilliant
Consistency is his problem, he's so hit And miss