watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham star Terence Kongolo in Covid lockdown party breach

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 19, 2021, 12:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham star Terence Kongolo in Covid lockdown party breach after video shows Holland defender celebrating his 27th birthday inside with seven friends just hours after victory at Everton

By MIKE KEEGAN FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 18 February 2021 | UPDATED: 22:33, 18 February 2021

The Holland international celebrated his 27th birthday on Sunday

The defender was on the bench as Fulham claimed a 2-0 victory at Everton

He flew back to London from Liverpool at 11.30pm following the evening game

Kongolo was greeted at home by seven friends in the early hours of Monday

Fulham are investigating after one of their players was given a lockdown-busting surprise birthday party.

Footage obtained by Sportsmail shows Terence Kongolo greeted at home by seven cheering friends in the early hours of Monday. Currently, no mixing of households indoors is permitted.

The Holland international celebrated his 27th birthday on Sunday with a place on the bench for the 2-0 win at Everton. He and the rest of the squad flew back to London from Liverpool at 11.30pm following the 7pm kick-off.

Fulham defender Terence Kongolo (above) is in hot water after breaching Covid regulations

The video, filmed from inside the building, shows Kongolo, wearing his club tracksuit, a mask and holding a travel bag, open the door with two other men.

A group of at least seven people are waiting with loud music blaring. A birthday cake takes centre stage on a stand along with dozens of silver and black balloons. There are loud cheers from the revellers as Kongolo walks in, and a caption of 'surprise' appears on the clip.

When the realisation dawns on the defender, he waves a hand in the air and begins to dance to the music. Fulham are aware of the video and are looking into the circumstances surrounding it.

Kongolo was unaware that a party had been planned to celebrate his 27th birthday on Sunday

Sources say the player was unaware that a party had been planned and was surprised to see the gathering when he arrived home in the early hours.

On Wednesday, Kongolo was back in another bio-secure bubble when he was again an unused sub as Scott Parker's side earned a 1-1 draw at Burnley.

All Premier League clubs carry out twice-weekly Covid testing.

A series of top-flight players have got into hot water by breaching Covid rules.

Kongolo was greeted at home by seven cheering friends in the early hours of Monday

Kongolo's team-mate, Aleksandar Mitrovic, broke restrictions over the festive period when he was pictured on New Year's Eve with fellow Serb Luka Milivojevic, Crystal Palace's captain.

Parker, who had to self-isolate over Christmas, described Mitrovic's breach as 'not acceptable', saying he was 'bitterly disappointed' and that the club had dealt with the matter internally.

Swiss-born Kongolo was raised in Holland and is a product of the Feyenoord youth system. After lifting the Dutch title he moved to Monaco in 2017 and was loaned to Huddersfield before making the switch permanent in 2018.

In January last year he moved to Fulham on loan with the deal made permanent for around £4million in October.   

Kongolo moved to Fulham on loan with the deal made permanent for around £4 in October

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9275923/Fulham-star-Kongolo-lockdown-party-breach-celebrating-27th-birthday-seven-friends.html

MikeCdawg

Idiot. He'll probably catch covid and it'll break his ankles

ChesterTheTabby

Fulham "star". How loosely that term is afforded to folks who have spent more time in the physios than the training ground.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Quote from: MikeCdawg on February 19, 2021, 12:46:45 AM
Idiot. He'll probably catch covid and it'll break his ankles

Yep with his frailty surely he should have been shielding!!

:005:

Finnans Right Peg

If it was a surprise party then he knew nothing about it and for all we know ask them to leave after a few mins but abit like the Mitro case why put pictures up on social media  :wow:

Whitestone

The information is that he returned home to a surprise party that he was unaware of. Until any new facts emerge this is a non story served up by a tabloid journalist. Without social media this remains private. The only idiot at this time is the person who stupidly posted the video/pictures.

JimmyConway

We seem to be serial offenders when it comes to player/s having some form of celebration.

FulhamStu

Idiotic thick so called friends for organising this, very difficult for Kongolo to then tell them to bugger off although that is what he should have done.  Remember he is young, not sure if single but certainly not mature.   It's the people that organised this who should be dealt with, the problem is, no one is interested in them.

Cambridge Pete

Whilst I have sympathy for him in that is was a surprise given the Clubs Covid experiences he should have declined. I also find it amazing that so called friends record and publish the events with Mitro and Kongolo and others. Do they get paid? Are they greedy or stupid?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 19, 2021, 03:08:04 AM
I support our Fulham player celebrating his birthday party with friends. More power to him. Terrence, you have my full support.
Would you be supportive if as a result he'd introduced Covid to the squad and key players caught it or had to isolate?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Very valid points above:

It was reputedly a surprise
Very difficult to tell his friends to bugger off
Some idiot posted it online
He could have brought Covid back to the team

Was one of the "friends" being paid to set him up? Doubt it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lordedmundo

If anyone is to blame then it is his friends and family, Kongolo has done nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned. If the club comment at all - it should be to say the same thing.

Twig

Quote from: Lordedmundo on February 19, 2021, 09:24:57 AM
If anyone is to blame then it is his friends and family, Kongolo has done nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned. If the club comment at all - it should be to say the same thing.

Well he did actually. He joined the party. Surprise or not, he clearly should've insisted they all leave immediately. We don't know how long the party went on for but clearly he didn't do the right thing. Not all his fault for sure but he was culpable.

Dr Quinzel

Tammy Abraham had the same - came home to his own home to find a surprise party arranged by his Mrs. Absolutely tucked up. And the same women obsessively posting everything on social media compound the issue. It's impressively thick.

They need to think harder about the people they surround themselves with. I'd say leave too, but when it's at home...?

All this said, Fulham now with a second Covid f**k up in national news, to go with our suspended games. It's not a good look.

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on February 19, 2021, 08:39:45 AM
Maybe he was set up.
Tell that to the judge.
He and his friends were totally out of order, no excuses. The rest of us are strictly following lockdown rules while those few who think they can do as they like are simply prolonging Lockdown and putting lives at risk.
Maximum penalty from police and club has now to be seen.

sunburywhite

They all live in a Kardashian world which has no relation to reality
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71

Southcoastffc

Interestingly, he's playing for the U23s v Sunderland, kicked off a short while ago.  Could it be that the Daily Fail has it wrong?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.