more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Areola again proves his worth

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 20, 2021, 09:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Quote from: sarnian on February 20, 2021, 11:14:48 PM
Glad to see Wilder moaning, probably forgot the soft penalty they got against us earlier in the season.

:plus one:

Porthogs FC

Quote from: filham on February 20, 2021, 10:13:53 PM
I had a lot of time for Rodac but if he had not been replaced by Areola we would probably be relegated by now.
I think I know already who our player of the season will be.

I agree, not even sure it's close... maybe Anderson or Tosan? Like, who else has been a standout? Just not used to our defense being so good.

FFC In Oz

Areola is a genuine world class GK.

He's outstanding.  Cat-like reflexes and rarely makes an error.

RE: the penalty call - I thought that Areola got enough of the ball, but I feel like I've seen them given before.  Probably pretty close to a 50-50 call, and for once VAR served it's purpose, as it wasn't a "clear and obvious" error.  If the ref had given a penalty, it may well have been a different story.

WOTM

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 20, 2021, 10:04:50 PM
He is absolutely from the top drawer.

It's a bit funny, but relegation itself won't bother me too much should it happen, it would be losing the opportunity to keep players like Alfonso and Andersen that will hurt.

I agree with this. I really love these guys and I don't want to give them back. Aina and Lookman need to stay too.

AJW48361

His been excellent in general although could dominate his 6 yard more and he parries back into play much but  he has exceeded expectations.

bencher

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 21, 2021, 07:52:04 AM
His been excellent in general although could dominate his 6 yard more and he parries back into play much but  he has exceeded expectations.

His only area of any obvious vulnerability is dealing with set pieces. I imagine the right GK coach could help in this aspect, because in other respects he is excellent and certainly one of the best we've had at dealing with one v ones.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Caedal on February 20, 2021, 10:01:05 PM
Going to be really sad to lose him at the end of the season. I think he's the best keeper we've ever had

We have first option to buy. Seeing as he's bought a house in London we have every chance if we stay up.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19