watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You just love to read it...

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 23, 2021, 02:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

"The result sees Palace move up to 13th with Brighton in 16th, just four points above a resurgent Fulham in 18th and at risk of being drawn into a relegation battle."

Seeing terms like resurgent, rejuvenated, spirited, etc. being applied across the board to our team given our turn of form - fills one with pride it does. Palace looked trash tonight. Come on Fulham, turn them over!  049:gif 049:gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

But watch them on the break!

They did us last time like they did Brighton, only then they had  Zaha.
Had to feel sorry for Brighton last night, but shows what quality strikers can do for a team, and what the lack of them   can do too.
Palace also defended heroically.

But it is great to hear Fulham spoken of like this,  but just hope we  can keep it going.
COYW 049:gif

Andy S

In all honesty that is how we played under Roy. We managed to scrape results through sheer hard work and sometimes against the odds

sunburywhite

Quote from: Andy S on February 23, 2021, 11:51:01 AM
In all honesty that is how we played under Roy. We managed to scrape results through sheer hard work and sometimes against the odds

That is how Roy has always set his teams up

" rows of 4 and a top 2 who turn in backwards to defend
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

LittleErn

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 23, 2021, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: Andy S on February 23, 2021, 11:51:01 AM

That is how Roy has always set his teams up

" rows of 4 and a top 2 who turn in backwards to defend

So will we fall in to that trap? When Roy was here, I remember that we defended for 20 minute spells then pushed forward for 10 minutes. If we didn't score we went back to defending. Our best chance is to find a way to attack them during the 10 minute spells but not get sucked (or suckered) forward while they are set up to defend in depth. That way we might not get caught on the break. In other words be patient.

Woolly Mammoth

We need to do a Roy of the Rovers on Roy and his merry men, who will not be quite so merry come Sunday afternoon when we do a number on them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 23, 2021, 01:11:30 PM
We need to do a Roy of the Rovers on Roy and his merry men, who will not be quite so merry come Sunday afternoon when we do a number on them.

I'm counting on that Mr Woolly

SuffolkWhite

That's the spirit, enjoy the battle!!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Too much to expect, Roy of the Rovers never suffered goal droughts.

H4usuallysitting

We should set out to bore them into submission....first half, don't leave our half, in fact don't leave the changing room - 2nd half start with a progressive 8-1-1 formation....10 minute's to go, when they're not looking hit them & hit them hard with a 1-1-8 all gun's blazing....worked in world war 1

AJW48361

The problem we have now playing the likes of Palace,Burnley,Soton & Newcastle.Draws are decent results for them forcing victories aren't easy.