watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

on BBC web page Kasami's Fulham wonder goal from every angle

Started by sunburywhite, February 25, 2021, 01:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham76

A cracker.

A lot of Palace fans thought so too judging by the amount applauding when it hit the net.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HV71

Love that goal so much ...... there was a moment of silence when it hit the back of the net ( disbelief I guess ) then the crowd went mad !
Also enjoyed   Schurrle's  ( similar ) goal against Burnley ....
need a couple like this on Sunday ! COYW!

Art Vandelay

Fantastic goal, still can't believe it didn't win the goal of the season though!!

The Rock

I so specifically remember that goal being the last moment of brilliance for us for years. I think we went on to lose that match 4-1 and all downhill from there.

filham

Quote from: HV71 on February 25, 2021, 01:55:30 PM
Love that goal so much ...... there was a moment of silence when it hit the back of the net ( disbelief I guess ) then the crowd went mad !
Also enjoyed   Schurrle's  ( similar ) goal against Burnley ....
need a couple like this on Sunday ! COYW!
We would all love to see a couple like those on Sunday but without Cairney or Mitro it is hard to think where they will come from.

bog

During the first lock down when there was no football one week MOTD spotlighted all the best goals in the Premier League era. There was not a single mention of Kasami's.  :031: :031: I don't know why I was surprised. I wrote to the programme asking why this had been omitted, I enclosed an sae and my email address, to date there has not been a response. I wonder if Cantona had scored this..... 

092.gif

bog

Quote from: The Rock on February 25, 2021, 02:27:04 PM
I so specifically remember that goal being the last moment of brilliance for us for years. I think we went on to lose that match 4-1 and all downhill from there.

We actually won that match 1-4 but it was all downhill from there and we got relegated end of the season.  :dft001:

092.gif 

JEEVES

Quote from: Art Vandelay on February 25, 2021, 02:00:05 PM
Fantastic goal, still can't believe it didn't win the goal of the season though!!

It didn't win goal of the month! Jack Wilshire did.

LittleErn

Interesting that 4 of the 5 were from outside the box. that may be the way to unlock Palace's deep defence.

Count Flapula

Quote from: The Rock on February 25, 2021, 02:27:04 PM

We won that match 4-1 actually (Sidwell also scored a blinder IIRC) - but the rest of the season was a complete write-off after that.

Buffalo76

Jamie88

Unbelievable strike
Is it just me who wishes he had an iconic celebration to go with it instead of throwing his hands backwards like a little girl

fancyfeet4

I think its actually the best goal in PL history.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but the level of difficulty was off the charts. 

Here is why:

1) Kasami is running near full speed and controls it with his chest and strikes it without it touching the ground
2) The angle of the shot where his body was taking him away from goal and yet he still hit it so well
3) The fact that he controled a 30-40 yard ping from the short side of the field. 
4) It was a crowded space.  He wasnt running free.  The ball came from the right back to the right side of the field. 
5) It was a perfect strike.  It wasnt looping in any sort of way.  It was a cannon

I am not sure any other goal had all the elements that made it so difficult.  Crouch had more time and the ball took a bounce up after a flick and while that might be a 9.8 on the difficulty scale, I think Kasamis was a 10.  I dont know how someone scores a more difficult goal.

sunburywhite

I remember watching it on a stream and shouting out a massive expletive about Hades

The wife ran in concerned I had done something wrong
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Andyb

If that was a top 4 team who scored goal like that, it would get mentioned all the time. Jack Wiltshire got goal of the month which was a few one touch passes and into the net...

Mullers OG

Kasami is in great form and scoring goals this season at Basel. Good to see him doing so well at a decent side.