watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A good point away

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 28, 2021, 02:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Hotspuds will more suit us, the game will be more open.... I'm still very positive about staying up....yep, it's going to be hard, but the team spirit is undeniable....keep up the good work Scot

FFC In Oz

Definitely 2 points dropped IMO.

Palace were woeful.  They didn't create ANYTHING.

We really struggle to break teams down when they sit behind the ball and this was a good example of that.

Maja should have buried that headed chance, and Andersen maybe should have hit the target with his first chance too.

Jules

We were solid again and a point is a good result in isolation, but in our situation with the games we have coming up this was definitely 2 points dropped. Gutted we couldn't convert one of those chances. Now we have to beat spurs, and we need a point at Anfield also which is a tough ask.

SG

Most clubs at our level struggle to break down teams that sit back like that. We don't have a Kane or similar. We kept a clean sheet, nullified Palace and are definitely in the race to stay up rather than being certainties to go down as we were a few weeks back.
There will be many twists and turns but we have a chance. No team at this level will roll over for us but our defence is giving us a chance in every game we play. That has to be key to our chances

Finnans Right Peg

Thought we created some good chances in the 2nd half and Scott made some good subs was glad to see him play 2 up front on another day we win 2 nil .certainly there were more positives than negatives

Lyle from Hangeland

I agree. Well said. We're looking good.

Woolly Mammoth

Every time we draw it's a point won, because before the match we had no points, except for the one point we started with. Fulham tried everything to win the game but Roys middle names are Clean Sheet.
I would like to think we may have more opportunities to score against teams that come at us as opposed to the likes of Palace who were drilled into avoiding defeat at all costs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

We had 16 shots with 4 on target. Palace had 3 shots & none on target. In fact they have had only 6 shots in the last 2 games. Yet they robbed 4 points. I would rather watch us than the oh so boring Palace.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bahay18

It was the kind of game that exposed our inability to score from set pieces . Desperately need to find a way to score ugly . The goal against burnley was about our only scrappy one this season .

palace had no intention of attacking , no space to play in . think the team did all they could today. just needed a break / something to drop for us.

davew

Quote from: grandad on February 28, 2021, 03:05:30 PM
We had 16 shots with 4 on target. Palace had 3 shots & none on target. In fact they have had only 6 shots in the last 2 games. Yet they robbed 4 points. I would rather watch us than the oh so boring Palace.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

General

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 28, 2021, 02:27:24 PM

We really struggle to break teams down when they sit behind the ball and this was a good example of that.

Maja should have buried that headed chance, and Andersen maybe should have hit the target with his first chance too.

Agreed. We were and have been exceptionally poor in the final third for a while and need to sort it out soon as we're currently lulling ourselves into guaranteed sense of security and almost certain relegation. We've got Liverpool,  spurs and man City up next. We needed the two extra points from this game.

mrmicawbers

I'm hoping for more points in our next 3 games nothing to fear and Man City surely can't continue to keep winning every game.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 28, 2021, 02:09:22 PM
Hotspuds will more suit us, the game will be more open.... I'm still very positive about staying up....yep, it's going to be hard, but the team spirit is undeniable....keep up the good work Scot
Spurs will suit us? That's the 4 goals v Burnley Spurs. I don't think so!   And we really should have beaten Palace today. Given the aerial chances we had in the first have I was expecting to see Mitro by 60 mins latest. Oh well, on we go.....
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JimOG

Quote from: General on February 28, 2021, 04:59:40 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 28, 2021, 02:27:24 PM

Not a bad effort by Maja - it wasn't 'straight at the keeper' as the commentator first suggested but for me, if we're to stay up, Mitro must have a second coming. He's the only one on our books whose stats prove he is a good striker + his international record is terrific. He's been through a bit of a personal crisis but, now that the team have played without him for so much of the year I'm hoping a refreshed Mitro will notch a few vital goals.

Agreed. We were and have been exceptionally poor in the final third for a while and need to sort it out soon as we're currently lulling ourselves into guaranteed sense of security and almost certain relegation. We've got Liverpool,  spurs and man City up next. We needed the two extra points from this game.

WindyCity

At this point in the season, I don't know how any fan can consider one point away as a 'good' result.  True, it wasn't zero points.  But Palace were a dreadful lot.  Surviving in this league requires some three pointers along the way against opponents you clearly boss.  Another missed opportunity.  Very frustrating game to watch.

WindyCity

Quote from: grandad on February 28, 2021, 03:05:30 PM
I would rather watch us than the oh so boring Palace.

Taking three points in any match is never boring in my football world.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Spurs have found their shooting boots again. Beware!

andyk

All about finishing 
Can't help but think that if Benteke got that chance, free header, 6 yards out, he would have buried it.
That's the difference, that's why Palace are pretty safe.

filham

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on February 28, 2021, 02:58:56 PM
Thought we created some good chances in the 2nd half and Scott made some good subs was glad to see him play 2 up front on another day we win 2 nil .certainly there were more positives than negatives
Agree, there were several positives to bring away from that game but together they are outweighed by that repetitive huge negative, we again failed to score.

colinwhite

Quote from: WindyCity on February 28, 2021, 05:46:21 PM
At this point in the season, I don't know how any fan can consider one point away as a 'good' result.  True, it wasn't zero points.  But Palace were a dreadful lot.  Surviving in this league requires some three pointers along the way against opponents you clearly boss.  Another missed opportunity.  Very frustrating game to watch.

All points are good ones in this league. We should have won but we will get the points we need .