watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy Hodgson looked like a guy who knows his retirement date

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 28, 2021, 02:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

I felt a bit melancholic seeing him today, he looks like he is about to leave top flight football in just a couple of months. Just had that look about him that he knows his professional life is coming to an end now.

Maybe he just needed a haircut, hoho, but I think he's going to leave the game and retire for good.

If so, Thank You for Your Service to Fulham, and to Football, Sir Roy

Woolly Mammoth

Yes he had the look of a bloke that was thinking about mowing his lawn in the spring and planting some flowers in his garden. He has been a good bloke and a tremendous human being and his service to football has to be admired.
If he does decide to retire from Management I would not blame him, he has earn't it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

blingo

:54: :54: :54:His knowledge would be invaluable Grandad. Top top man is Mr Hodgson

SP

Probably thinking of the bonus he's about to receive for keeping Palace up.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on February 28, 2021, 03:25:55 PM
Our new D of F perhaps.

Now that is a thought especially with his previous attachment and good relationship with Fulham FC.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Dear Roy praised Palace's goalkeeper's "match-winning save".

Bless him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

I bet Roy would find it difficult to refuse the offer of a new contract especially if it came with a reasonable transfer budget.
If Roy does retire I imagine Ray will go with him and remember Ray has a great Fulham record as player, coach and manager.

Twig

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2021, 07:10:11 PM
I bet Roy would find it difficult to refuse the offer of a new contract especially if it came with a reasonable transfer budget.
If Roy does retire I imagine Ray will go with him and remember Ray has a great Fulham record as player, coach and manager.

Yes it's too easy to forget Ray Lexington's  contribution.

SouthIslandWhite

You know what I really noticed? That handshake moment between Scott Parker and Roy at the end. Did you listen to what Roy said to Parker? Roy was clearly really impressed with the Fulham side he saw today. Eyebrows raised, very complimentary to SP yes, but it was the body language which I really appreciated. It was if to say: "Well done son, you've brought them a long way, you'll keep them up at this rate."

Very good subtle message from Roy imo.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.