FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on February 28, 2021, 06:53:52 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2021, 05:15:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 28, 2021, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 28, 2021, 02:59:22 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 28, 2021, 02:49:40 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2021, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 28, 2021, 02:13:37 PM
Palace put 10 players behind the ball. Second half we were excellent . How anyone can be unhappy with that is beyond me. Undefeated in 7 away games and one of the form sides in the league ,defensively superb and its not enough for some.

Colin, we've spoken about this. In a bubble, that's excellent, but in a hole, it isn't. We've only won 4 games this season, and drew 11. We're desperate for wins as we're still 3 points adrift going into games against Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leeds & Villa. We really need to pull a rabbit out the hat in at least 2 of those games to stay in contention.

I'm happy with Parker and the performance today. I'm not happy with the attacking players inability to score relatively routine chances.

I can understand the frustration caused by our missed opportunities, but I don't think we need to pull any rabbits out of any hats to have a good chance to beat Leeds or Villa in particular. Leeds have been the opposite of us in my opinion, in that they have more points than their play deserves, and Villa is decent but not more. Both very beatable. The same goes for Liverpool and Spurs in their current form. We need good performances, but it would be no big surprise if we got 5-8 points from those games. It would also be no surprise if we got less, but I prefer to be optimistic. The only rabbit we need to pull out of anything would be to get a point from City. In my opinion.

Onwards and upwards.

The difference is Leeds have scored 43 goals and Villa have scored 38.

We're still averaging well under 1 a game.

That's just one of the differences though, not THE difference. Another difference is that Leeds have conceded 44 goals. And there are lots of other differences. Many, if not all, are relevant when assessing our chances against them. For example the form table. In my opinion

If I'm honest, I don't get the no fear factor really. We haven't been winning enough games to stay up but we are extremely difficult to beat, which is great, but it won't keep you in this division. Only wins do that. Something we've achieved 4 times. We've been on the right side of performances and not won too many times this year. I'd be mightily surprised if come the end of march, we're still within 3 of safety or less obviously. We've come so close now to being a team worthy of staying up but we almost always fall short when the advantage is there. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see by end of March I guess.
you could also say that we have won 2 games in the last eight days  or only lost 3 in our last 15 games which is just as relevant if we are going to trot out  irrelevant  stats that back up our argument.

Lol you did this last time. Me quoting how many wins we have in a season, and how many draws isn't selective stat picking. Its literally why we're in the bottom 3. We've done really well recently. But we needed to just to get within 3 points adrift which should tell me how big the hole we were in was. BUT, we only get out of the hole with wins. It really is as simple of that. You can say that's 'selective' but it doesn't make it any less true.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: The Swan on February 28, 2021, 01:59:42 PM
We can only get one point away to Palace, what are the chances of winning at home to Spurs and away to Liverpool .

We were better than Liverpool last time. They have a scared 20 year old starting in their backline now so arguably they're worst now than we first played them. We can get points off both of them.

Don't be afraid folks. Things are looking up.

SuffolkWhite

What chance we draw the rest of the games and still stay up, I wonder what the least amount of wins a team has had to stay up?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

colinwhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2021, 08:04:55 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 28, 2021, 06:53:52 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2021, 05:15:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 28, 2021, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 28, 2021, 02:59:22 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 28, 2021, 02:49:40 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2021, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 28, 2021, 02:13:37 PM
Palace put 10 players behind the ball. Second half we were excellent . How anyone can be unhappy with that is beyond me. Undefeated in 7 away games and one of the form sides in the league ,defensively superb and its not enough for some.

Colin, we've spoken about this. In a bubble, that's excellent, but in a hole, it isn't. We've only won 4 games this season, and drew 11. We're desperate for wins as we're still 3 points adrift going into games against Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leeds & Villa. We really need to pull a rabbit out the hat in at least 2 of those games to stay in contention.

I'm happy with Parker and the performance today. I'm not happy with the attacking players inability to score relatively routine chances.

I can understand the frustration caused by our missed opportunities, but I don't think we need to pull any rabbits out of any hats to have a good chance to beat Leeds or Villa in particular. Leeds have been the opposite of us in my opinion, in that they have more points than their play deserves, and Villa is decent but not more. Both very beatable. The same goes for Liverpool and Spurs in their current form. We need good performances, but it would be no big surprise if we got 5-8 points from those games. It would also be no surprise if we got less, but I prefer to be optimistic. The only rabbit we need to pull out of anything would be to get a point from City. In my opinion.

Onwards and upwards.

The difference is Leeds have scored 43 goals and Villa have scored 38.

We're still averaging well under 1 a game.

That's just one of the differences though, not THE difference. Another difference is that Leeds have conceded 44 goals. And there are lots of other differences. Many, if not all, are relevant when assessing our chances against them. For example the form table. In my opinion

If I'm honest, I don't get the no fear factor really. We haven't been winning enough games to stay up but we are extremely difficult to beat, which is great, but it won't keep you in this division. Only wins do that. Something we've achieved 4 times. We've been on the right side of performances and not won too many times this year. I'd be mightily surprised if come the end of march, we're still within 3 of safety or less obviously. We've come so close now to being a team worthy of staying up but we almost always fall short when the advantage is there. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see by end of March I guess.
you could also say that we have won 2 games in the last eight days  or only lost 3 in our last 15 games which is just as relevant if we are going to trot out  irrelevant  stats that back up our argument.

Lol you did this last time. Me quoting how many wins we have in a season, and how many draws isn't selective stat picking. Its literally why we're in the bottom 3. We've done really well recently. But we needed to just to get within 3 points adrift which should tell me how big the hole we were in was. BUT, we only get out of the hole with wins. It really is as simple of that. You can say that's 'selective' but it doesn't make it any less true.

The last time we had this conversation it was 10 points now its three!! we are going to stay up ! COYW

FFC1987

Fulham Tup North

If we are expecting nothing from the next three matches, any points will be a bonus... I am hoping for 2 points but this season who knows????
COYW ⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"