watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dont worry only Spurs at home and Liverpool away

Started by The Swan, February 28, 2021, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We can only get one point away to Palace, what are the chances of winning at home to Spurs and away to Liverpool .
The Swan

bobby01

Tbh we struggle badly against teams that park the bus, so maybe we have a chance.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

blingo

We have every chance. Liverpool were lucky against us as were spurs, so lets give it a go. Id be happy with three points or better from those two games

AJW48361

Every game is different we win at Everton! Everton win at Liverpool!

St Eve

Not concerned about either of them. We should have beaten them both already

Roberty

Probably GOOD

Neither are top of their form at the moment and they will see us as a team that they should roll over

So unlike Palace who would see a home draw as a good result they are going to be expecting and easy win

As happened at Everton it is often easier to play against a team who under estimate you.

So the pressure is on them and it will work in our favour
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

FFC1987

We have a chance still but I still think we're going down. We just don't take opportunities presented to us. Newcastle rather fortunately outplaying Wolves only to get a draw and WestBrom beating Brighton were massive for us. We couldn't follow it up with a depleted Palace side who we outplayed for the majority of the match. Super frustrated and annoyed at our attackers right now.

Wingnut

Liverpool are in a terrible place, by their standards, at the moment, and Spurs are very hot and cold under JM. Not expecting us to win these games, but two points is achievable. Leeds at home is a game we should be looking to win.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hovewhite

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Swan on February 28, 2021, 01:59:42 PM
We can only get one point away to Palace, what are the chances of winning at home to Spurs and away to Liverpool .
Glass half empty much? Didn't Palace beat Brighton the game before ours?

We were the better side today.

Next up...Spurs.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

JoelH5

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2021, 02:04:35 PM
We have a chance still but I still think we're going down. We just don't take opportunities presented to us. Newcastle rather fortunately outplaying Wolves only to get a draw and WestBrom beating Brighton were massive for us. We couldn't follow it up with a depleted Palace side who we outplayed for the majority of the match. Super frustrated and annoyed at our attackers right now.

Agree. Massive missed opportunity. I think we had to win that one unless we get lucky with some freak results
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AnOldBrownie

That depleted Palace side just beat Brighton six games ago.  We made them look toothless and we had the better chances.

On to the next game.

colinwhite

Palace put 10 players behind the ball. Second half we were excellent . How anyone can be unhappy with that is beyond me. Undefeated in 7 away games and one of the form sides in the league ,defensively superb and its not enough for some.

Whitestone

Both winnable games. Man City at home could be tricky though !

filham

Not really expecting to get anything from the next three games but we are playing as well as we have all season and we are due a little bit of luck.

FFC1987

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 28, 2021, 02:13:10 PM
That depleted Palace side just beat Brighton six games ago.  We made them look toothless and we had the better chances.

On to the next game.

Did you see the Brighton game though mate? Probably the luckiest smash and grab I've ever seen in a football match.

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on February 28, 2021, 02:13:37 PM
Palace put 10 players behind the ball. Second half we were excellent . How anyone can be unhappy with that is beyond me. Undefeated in 7 away games and one of the form sides in the league ,defensively superb and its not enough for some.

Colin, we've spoken about this. In a bubble, that's excellent, but in a hole, it isn't. We've only won 4 games this season, and drew 11. We're desperate for wins as we're still 3 points adrift going into games against Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leeds & Villa. We really need to pull a rabbit out the hat in at least 2 of those games to stay in contention.

I'm happy with Parker and the performance today. I'm not happy with the attacking players inability to score relatively routine chances.

Sgt Fulham

This season we have stepped up our game for the bigger teams. We have no reason to fear Spurs, and Liverpool are as vulnerable as I have seen them in a long while. Man City is the only real write off, so anything there is a bonus.

AnOldBrownie

Look...I can understand complaining because we started the season conceding 10 goals in 3 games which put us in this mess...but for the life of me I can't understand the negativity right now.

We are a bottom half of the table side who plays good football on the pitch, are hard to beat...and still have a shot of staying up.

We have good players...we like our manager...

CP keeper played well in the second half.

On to the next game.

FFC1987

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 28, 2021, 02:33:33 PM
Look...I can understand complaining because we started the season conceding 10 goals in 3 games which put us in this mess...but for the life of me I can't understand the negativity right now.

We are a bottom half of the table side who plays good football on the pitch, are hard to beat...and still have a shot of staying up.

We have good players...we like our manager...

CP keeper played well in the second half.

On to the next game.

I think a point of my frustration is highlighted perfectly here. We are much better than those teams around us but we could still ourselves relegated which is a painful swallow. We just left things too late and have a serious lack of bite in our play. How many more times will we say 'we were the better side and should of won'.....it's getting boring now. We need wins or we're out and we now look at some extremely difficult fixtures and find ourselves relying on teams around us not to win games to stay in contention.