watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Is Maybe...

Started by ByTheRiver, March 04, 2021, 07:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

... the worst decision I've ever seen. How in gods name was it handball? Where should his arms be? Detached from his person? It was hit at a million miles an hour from a short distance. Madness.

Yes, I'm bias, but I don't think that's relevant here. Absolutely shocking decision.

sonnyjim

I agree.

I am loving pissed off.

RaySmith

Disgusting.

SPurs are sh***  conning the ref all the time.

Ref totally biased.

Sick of football, it just  morally bankrupt, al to do with money. Totally corrupt.

Tabby

It is the way the rules are written these days, can't fault the refs on that. But it is an absolutely ridiculous rule.

Deeping_white

Even though the FA will say it's the rules and hide behind the fact that it's their own fault for such a pathetic rule, I bet Spurs would've somehow gotten away with that being given. Every single VAR decision that's remotely contentious this season has gone against us and it's not even remotely funny anymore, you have to question if there's genuinely not something more contentious going on

Fulham 442

Absolutely agree. Pissed off doesn't begin to cover it. We deserved at least a point.

Enfield

Now say there's not a conspiracy to send us down !

Also their goal is offside before the ball gets to Tosin

abfg

Hate it. Can't blame the officials or VAR though - it's correct enforcement of a completely moronic rule. Sick as a parrot that just ate a doner kebab.

MaximusDecimus

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 04, 2021, 07:53:05 PM
... the worst decision I've ever seen. How in gods name was it handball? Where should his arms be? Detached from his person? It was hit at a million miles an hour from a short distance. Madness.

Yes, I'm bias, but I don't think that's relevant here. Absolutely shocking decision.

Ridiculously the decision was 100% correct.  It is the rule that is an absolute joke.

bencher

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 04, 2021, 07:56:50 PM
Even though the FA will say it's the rules and hide behind the fact that it's their own fault for such a pathetic rule, I bet Spurs would've somehow gotten away with that being given. Every single VAR decision that's remotely contentious this season has gone against us and it's not even remotely funny anymore, you have to question if there's genuinely not something more contentious going on

I broadly agree but I would point out the decision v Sheff Utd when Areola blocked the attacker went in our favour.

filham

Well with the modern rule that was handball but such bad luck for us.
It used to be simply ball hits hand no offence, hand hits ball freekick. What on earth was wrong with that.

Arthur

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 04, 2021, 07:56:50 PM
I bet Spurs would've somehow gotten away with that being given.

Disagree. The rule couldn't be clearer. Any ball-to-hand that directly leads to a goal is an offence. The only aspect open to interpretation is what is 'directly'. This evidently was.

Cambridge Pete

Unbelieveable, but that's what happens to the "little" clubs. If that is the future if the game than after 63 years I have had enough. I feel so sorry for the team deserved at least a point. Current rules and VAR are killing the game. If fans were allowed there would have been a riot. The referee is trhe final arbiter he should not have dissallowed the goal. I would have felt it was unfair had it been a Spuds goal andthe same decision. ANGRY

Arthur

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on March 04, 2021, 08:12:59 PM
The referee is trhe final arbiter he should not have dissallowed the goal. I would have felt it was unfair had it been a Spuds goal andthe same decision.

But the referee can't change the laws. Even if he, himself, thinks it's a rule that's bad for the game, he still has to apply it.

Matt10

It's a FIFA rule, and if it happened in our favour, we'd be loving the rule right now. The response from the team is what I did like, just a shame no one seemed to ever want to pull the trigger.

Black, White and Fred

Everyone is saying the rule states if it hits a hand in the lead up to a goal its disallowed. But when its smashed at you from a yard away and hits your hand which couldnt be any more against your side unless you absorbed it into your body then surely thats a different situation. 
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Andy S

What I cannot understand is how we can be this far into the season and not know the laws of the game.! It is ridiculous

The Cravenette

Quote from: Enfield on March 04, 2021, 07:59:21 PM
Now say there's not a conspiracy to send us down !

Also their goal is offside before the ball gets to Tosin
This annoyed me too. Tosin has to touch it as Kane is behind him but Kane is offside. If offside was still proper offside the flag would have gone up

Jamie88

Quote from: Matt10 on March 04, 2021, 08:43:59 PM
It's a FIFA rule, and if it happened in our favour, we'd be loving the rule right now. The response from the team is what I did like, just a shame no one seemed to ever want to pull the trigger.

I'd love the outcome in this instance, but of course I wouldn't love the rule itself. It is one of a multitude of reasons people are slowly being put off the game

Arthur

Quote from: Andy S on March 04, 2021, 08:52:22 PM
What I cannot understand is how we can be this far into the season and not know the laws of the game.! It is ridiculous

Who do you mean by 'we'?

The VAR referee knew the law and so did the match referee. They're the people who matter.