watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Lookman greedy?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 07, 2021, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Rewatched the highlights... quite a few times he should have made a simple pass to an open BDR or Maja, but seemingly always goes for glory.

Cavs too. I understand we need to shoot to score, but seems he thinks he's the only one that can?

Not meant to be a negative post at all - just an observation and wonder what others think?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

PaulJ123

That one where he looped the cross behind Maja was awful and his decision making is poor but he's so much better than what we've had on the wing recently.

AnOldBrownie

Is water wet?   
082.gif
I saw it in his second game when he wouldn't use Robinson in overlaps.  Continued..game, after game... Ball would stick to his feet.

Like him, but I see why he wasn't getting a lot of minutes in the German league.   Quality...but greedy as F... (and by greedy I assume you mean he doesn't freely release the ball at appropriate times)

MisfitKid

He seems to play with blinders on.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Motspur

Oh lets make a negative out of a positive. Typical of the majority on this forum. I'm ecstatic with result and performance but people on here will have a go at Scott, TK, RLC ( we know that he's a Chelsea player but get get over it) as well as other players who are playing their hearts out for us. I'm going to sleep well tonight and enjoy the positive media coverage we will receive for today's result. I think some on here only want to pick the negatives. COYWs

Craven Mad

Quote from: Motspur on March 07, 2021, 06:16:49 PM
Oh lets make a negative out of a positive. Typical of the majority on this forum. I'm ecstatic with result and performance but people on here will have a go at Scott, TK, RLC ( we know that he's a Chelsea player but get get over it) as well as other players who are playing their hearts out for us. I'm going to sleep well tonight and enjoy the positive media coverage we will receive for today's result. I think some on here only want to pick the negatives. COYWs

Agreed.

We're not the finished article, but let's just try to enjoy today!

ChesterTheTabby

Did you fail to read where I state I'm not intending to be negative, and it's merely an observation and want input? You sure did.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I don't think that it is being negative pointing out that Lookman is greedy. At least he takes up opponents having to mark him but I do wish that he would pick the simple cross rather than going for broke each time.

Statto

Don't see why everything has to binary, positive or negative. Yes we got a great result but yes he is bloody greedy, or maybe just terrible at assessing the options around him. A couple of moments today were like watching AK47. Definitely something he needs to work on if he wants to take his career beyond the bottom third of the league.

Hugh Gentry

I want my best player to be greedy

perry geyton

Lookman I can live with but Cav hasn't earnt the right

Motspur Park

He has a brilliant first touch, holds the ball well, great at dribbling but as frustrating as hell when he refuses to look at other options with teammates much better placed to score than he is. I don't subscribe to the essential need to be greedy to be a great attacker. Football is a team game and I would say conservatively that we would have far more points and goals if he was less selfish.

colinwhite

Hes only 22 . Give him a couple of years and he will be superb.

Motspur

All I asked why make a negative post after todays result? I'm loving today's result and performance and can't understand why try to highlight a negative when there were so many positives. In general on this forum I enjoy reading the daily news but some of the consistent negative posters just wind me up. Can you imagine if Fulham players read this forum and see the consistent negative comments directed towards specific players; its embarrassing.

Kimbleman

Chatting after the match (on the phone) to a palace supporting mate (he's a season ticket holder so proper supporter)  who had also watched the match. Said as I felt a couple of times Maja and BDR were perfect for a cut back that never came. I'm sure the team review the match and probably Parker needs Lookman to actually 'look-up' once in a while and spot his team mates. I thought the first half we looked pretty dangerous but just lacked the final pass at times. Still what a result and well done boys 👍😁

BestOfBrede

I think he's been very good for us, but do think he needs to be thoroughly coached if he's worth keeping.
He doesn't look up and pass when he should imo, but still think he's been good for us this year.
He sort of reminds me of Clint when we first got him...
Used to shoot from all angles when it would have been better to pass - but look at how he turned out!

H4usuallysitting

Maja's movement, hold up, and getting back to help out is also part of his game.... wouldn't say he's bad

Ruislip White

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on March 07, 2021, 06:19:05 PM

Did you fail to read where I state I'm not intending to be negative, and it's merely an observation and want input? You sure did.

Fair point.  Just because we win, it doesn't mean that we can't be both happy and make observations of where we could be better. 

Robbie

Needs to look up and pass the ball.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes he does need to look up and pass more, it is called foresight and vision which should be part of a player's armoury in the top flight, he would benefit by it if his decision making was better and it would make him a better player.
Nevertheless, there is a buzz every time he is on the ball and a thorn in the side of many defenders, I would like to think that he will play more within the framework of the team as he gets a little more experience, otherwise he is doing himself a disservice also if he cannot learn.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.