https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Leeds next up

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 14, 2021, 09:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Scott has already won the manager v manager dress off

Fulham Tup North

Huge game for us and sets up the weekend nicely...providing we get the result we need of course 👍⚽️⚽️
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham 442

Bamford probably being out is good for us...

Simply91

My worry with Leeds is that they will press us as well as city did yesterday... tete versus Raphinha would be a good battle and could be crucial in determining whether or not we get the 3 points. Although, Bielsa does seem to mix Raphinha's position (right or left wing)

Bamford and Cooper might be out with injuries which would be good news for us.

Massive game and massive opportunity for us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 14, 2021, 09:40:26 AM

I think he was wearing that jacket for a bet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Leeds are bursting with goals, we need to score to match them but have only scored 8 at the Cottage in 14 matches, that is worrying.

Logicalman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 14, 2021, 09:40:26 AM

Well, Leeds have set the bar pretty low with their entry this season, it has to be said. ...  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Simply91 on March 14, 2021, 10:47:44 AM
My worry with Leeds is that they will press us as well as city did yesterday... tete versus Raphinha would be a good battle and could be crucial in determining whether or not we get the 3 points. Although, Bielsa does seem to mix Raphinha's position (right or left wing)

The big difference I see there is that Citeh pressing and Leeds pressing are vastly difference levels imo. Citeh have the players with the ability to maintain a press, but Leeds, especially if Bamford is out, don't have that luxury, and they are susceptible away from home.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wingnut

Has to be a strong candidate for a win. We pushed them right to the limit last time out, and we're a better side now. Citeh press is a level above Leeds, and we should be looking to control this game. We were never going to do that against Citeh.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

roberto w6

We have to approach the table as though we're 5pts behind Newcastle and 6 pts behind Brighton, based on the assumption that they win their games in hand.

The tactics now have to be to win every game as if it were a cup-tie. Yesterday was an exception given the opposition and we should remember that both Newcastle and Brighton still need to play Man City.

We have 9 games (27 pts potential) to make up 6 pts over Brighton and Newcastle. It's now a 3-way race between us to stay out of relegation - I feel Burnley and Southampton are safe. We are the outsiders to stay up purely and simply because we have less points and have played more games. That said, the way we have been playing it is possible.

Critical will be getting a victory in our next game vs Leeds. If we do that (however lucky or ugly it is gained), our momentum should return and we will go into the remaining games with confidence. On the other hand, if yesterday's defeat has crushed our attitude and we lose or draw against Leeds we'll have very little time to put it right because a loss with Newcastle and Brighton winning will mean that we'd now have 8 and 9 points respectively to make up out of a possible 24pts on the table.

In short, we really must beat Leeds to keep the dream realistically (albeit not mathematically) alive. I hope Scott is considering starting with 2 up front. Going 4-4-2 packing the midfield with Reed, Anguissa, one of Lemina/Onomah and having Lookman alternate flanks might be a way to go. If it doesn't work, we have options on the bench to revert to any other formation. Our defence looks as solid as it ever has or will. Why not throw the kitchen sink at them from the first minute....

Let's keep positive. COYW!!!

Simply91

Quote from: Logicalman on March 14, 2021, 01:27:03 PM
Quote from: Simply91 on March 14, 2021, 10:47:44 AM

The big difference I see there is that Citeh pressing and Leeds pressing are vastly difference levels imo. Citeh have the players with the ability to maintain a press, but Leeds, especially if Bamford is out, don't have that luxury, and they are susceptible away from home.

I remember seeing a statistic which showed Leeds running off the ball was the highest in the league - interestingly when Leeds played city earlier on the season (drew 1-1) Leeds pressed very well city and should've got the win.

If Bamford is out then Rodrigo will play up front, he is a very good player and I think he used to play up front earlier on in his career (although his preferred position is CAM). Rodrigo is a good runner so expecting him to lead a good press if Bamford is out.

Caedal

This is pretty much must win now. In fact I think we'll need at least 7 points from the next 3 games

Blawarmy

Quote from: Caedal on March 14, 2021, 03:27:00 PM
This is pretty much must win now. In fact I think we'll need at least 7 points from the next 3 games
Yep. The laws and refs decisions have cost us  massively this season.

WindyCity

Yeah, it's pretty much shut up and produce time for FFC starting this Friday if they want to stay in this league.  At some point FFC needs to start putting up wins, and that time is NOW!

COYW!!!

SuffolkWhite

I think this game will be close, and as much as we need to win games if it was a draw it would not be a total disaster. It is a fixture we target 3 points from but they are all 3 pointers now.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Milo

Leeds are all attack, mainly counter attack through eg Raphina.

Our defence, bar suicidal moments eg yesterday, are pretty solid.

I think their style suits us, expect a win.

I would play Mitrovic from the start.

SouthIslandWhite

Leeds = Must Win Match. Nothing less will do. It is simply a huge must win.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

Quote from: Blawarmy on March 14, 2021, 03:31:43 PM
Our inability to score goals has cost us far more than any refereeing decision.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on March 14, 2021, 10:21:43 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on March 14, 2021, 03:31:43 PM
Our inability to score goals has cost us far more than any refereeing decision.

Your probably right there filham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Quote from: Milo on March 14, 2021, 03:42:03 PM
Leeds are all attack, mainly counter attack through eg Raphina.

Our defence, bar suicidal moments eg yesterday, are pretty solid.

I think their style suits us, expect a win.

I would play Mitrovic from the start.
Agreed. Maybe with Maja alongside him