Main Menu

The key to us beating Leeds

Started by perry geyton, March 17, 2021, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

TC in
RLC out

Will Parker do it ? I've no idea

I think it's the perfect time for him to come back and remind us what he's got, it really could be the perfect timing

Jamie88

Might be a bit too early to throw him straight in as a starter with how his injury has been. I'd like to see him given the second 45 if we're in a favourable position
But we know how much it meant to him to score that injury time goal against the side that let him go as a kid - might give him that extra bit of motivation

Finnans Right Peg

The key is us scoring more then them. TC hasn't featured in ages so hardly likely to start moght not even be in the squad

filham

Tom Cairney has been out for a long time and I doubt if Parker would consider starting wi

However Mitro is match fit, think I would give him a start, we must score a couple of goals.

Dodgin

Difficult to work about RLC, not likely he has a future under the regime now at our neighbours, has had enough games to impress in the shop window for other clubs. He looks the part but hasn't shone too brightly, only real alternative to him is a recovering Tom Cairney a contract down the road till June 2024, assume on big money. Need a crystal ball to see how his future is going to be. Hope he turns it on against Leeds.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I honestly don't understand the Tom Cairney love-in. He is a bang average Premier league player.
Yes, he has done us big things in the past, but we can't rely on him to save our season. He won't.
Ruben Loftus Cheek is a much better all round player, he was out with a long term injury. Yes he hasn't been playing to his full potential, but if you honestly think that T C will come back and bang in hattrick after hattrick and keep us up, then you're more pout of touch than previously thought. It'll take him a good while to hit form, and can we honestly afford to have another passenger whilst we wait for that to happen?

simplyfulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 17, 2021, 05:30:36 PM
I honestly don't understand the Tom Cairney love-in. He is a bang average Premier league player.
Yes, he has done us big things in the past, but we can't rely on him to save our season. He won't.
Ruben Loftus Cheek is a much better all round player, he was out with a long term injury. Yes he hasn't been playing to his full potential, but if you honestly think that T C will come back and bang in hattrick after hattrick and keep us up, then you're more pout of touch than previously thought. It'll take him a good while to hit form, and can we honestly afford to have another passenger whilst we wait for that to happen?

You say you don't want passengers but you're happy to stick with RLC? lol

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 17, 2021, 05:40:35 PM

He offers a lot more than T C, so yes.

simplyfulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 17, 2021, 05:43:36 PM

No, he doesn't.

filham

OK, I think I can see the advantage of RLC over TC and it is mainly physical and being able to hold opponents off while making attacking runs at defenses. However the hard fact is that he is not scoring goals or making assists, an alternative is worth a try. TC can pass the ball around nicely and it is reasonable to expect a couple of goals from that sweet left foot of his before the end of the season.
Of course Tom is not match fit so we have to persevere with RLC for a while.

perry geyton

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 17, 2021, 06:28:05 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 17, 2021, 05:43:36 PM

No, he doesn't.

Yeah he offers so much more, receive the ball take a touch fall over and win us a free kick in the middle of the pitch,,,   

TC has 10 X more to offer now that our defense is settled he can play as he wants

My thing with Cairney is that he's not an off the bench type of player, he needs to start

An inform Tom Cairney can absolutely keep us in this league, all this he's not good enough for the prem is utter mumbo jumbo in my opinion, he's proved it on many occasions, so many have written him off and he's barely 30,

Boy definately has a point to prove which is EXACTLY why I'd get him on that pitch ASAP

colinwhite

Finnans Right Peg

He is not fit so he wont start also wont make the squad yet and will need minutes of the bench 1st but with or without tc i wouldn't play rlc I would rather lemina reed and big frank all 3 honest hard worling players and then bring on tc

simplyfulham

I doubt he'll play as he's not match fit as most have already said.

Having said that, he always has a good game against Leeds and seems to be their jinx player. I'd be tempted to start him for that alone.

Nero

Leeds are knackered, look at their play now they are getting the ball stood still they no longer running on to it at pace they are there for the taking, cooper could be, out Bamford could be out.  We must seize this chance

JDM

Mitrovic has to start... Leeds have conceded more goals from headers and set pieces this season than anyone in league so it's a no brainer.

He's had a tough time of it this season but amazes me when I hear fans say we don't have a goalscorer, when we've got one of his quality sitting on the bench!

By this time in 18/19 he had 10 goals in 29 games for a much worse team... Reid has half that as our top scorer atm.

Never been an impact sub though, he has to play 90 mins and get a run of games to be at his best. Think if he starts 6-7 of last 9, he'll bag us the goals to stay up, starting Friday night!

The Rational Fan

Tom Cairney EPL stats are 1 goal every 1286 minutes and 1 assist every 1929 minutes. I doubt he'll tear Leeds apart.

Leeds are weak in the air, maybe Mitrovic should start.

blingo

Quote from: JDM on March 17, 2021, 10:40:22 PM
Mitrovic has to start... Leeds have conceded more goals from headers and set pieces this season than anyone in league so it's a no brainer.

He's had a tough time of it this season but amazes me when I hear fans say we don't have a goalscorer, when we've got one of his quality sitting on the bench!

By this time in 18/19 he had 10 goals in 29 games for a much worse team... Reid has half that as our top scorer atm.

Never been an impact sub though, he has to play 90 mins and get a run of games to be at his best. Think if he starts 6-7 of last 9, he'll bag us the goals to stay up, starting Friday night!

Agree 110%

H4usuallysitting

simplyfulham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 17, 2021, 11:13:04 PM
Tom Cairney EPL stats are 1 goal every 1286 minutes and 1 assist every 1929 minutes. I doubt he'll tear Leeds apart.

Pretty small sample size in relation to his entire career, wouldn't you say?

Making that a pretty insignificant tid bit.