News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else not care about the Champions League?

Started by Pluto, March 17, 2021, 11:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

I don't know why but I never feel any need or desire to watch or even follow this competition when it's on. I watch football outside of Fulham and enjoy following the twists and turns of the domestic leagues, but when it comes to the Champions League or Europa League I really just don't care. To me it kind of feels like international friendlies - half the time I forget the games are even on.

Maybe it's because I have a fundamental dislike for most of the teams. Or maybe it's that the sheer amount of money involved makes it so far removed from the football I know and love. Or maybe it's just that it's on weekday evenings  :023:

Would be different if Fulham were involved of course! But I honestly wouldn't care or even notice if they just got rid of it tomorrow.

Anyone else feel this way?

Willham

I use to enjoy the champions league, but since it moved to BT I dont care anymore. I dont even check results or know last years winner? It's really a forgotten cup in the U.K.

I would love to see the club world championship become a little more important. I think it's a shame we never get to see the other teams around the world ever play in any kind of meaningful way with us. Love to see us vs some mad side from Trinidad

H4usuallysitting

I think there should be more team's and much more game's in the champions league - I don't think it's commercial enough

ex-Pat

Like it a lot,,cheering on Chelsea tonight was good great second goal.

love4ffc

In the States the competition has moved to CBS sports.  That means if I want to see most of the matches I must subscribe to another online subscription.   I already pay for ESPN and NBC so that I can see the Championship and the Premier League.  No thanks, I'm not paying for another online sports subscription. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ex-Pat

Quote from: love4ffc on March 18, 2021, 02:00:42 AM
In the States the competition has moved to CBS sports.  That means if I want to see most of the matches I must subscribe to another online subscription.   I already pay for ESPN and NBC so that I can see the Championship and the Premier League.  No thanks, I'm not paying for another online sports subscription.

I'm in Fort lauderdale ,download  tvtap on your fire stick  then you can watch all games free.

Andy S

No interest to me. If it was just the champions playing it might do

Steeeeeeeeeed

Unlike Sky Sports, which you can access relatively cheaply on Mobile phones / iPads, etc, BT Sport's is very restricted and expensive if you don't have BT Broadband.

Since the Champions League went to BT Sport's I only really "follow" it via the 5-10 minute highlights they have on YouTube. It's a disgrace that they do not even have a highlights show on normal TV.

We Are Premier League

Only interest is how my FPL players are getting on...

grandad

Not interested in the least. The same clubs get to the 1/4 finals. All big money clubs. Let them create a Super League & leave us mere mortal clubs carry on playing on a more level playing field.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Very little interest. It seems to me to be a self serving money machine for an "elite" number of clubs. Every year it's the same old teams and same old faces, repetitive and a bit tedious. I take a bit more interest in the Europa league which includes more left field entrants and feels a bit more grass roots.

filham

Yes Pluto I feel just like you. All I an thinking about right now is Fulham v Leeds tomorrow night.

alfie

I guess if Fulham ever got to it then I would show more of an interest.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I am not interested in any shape or form.
Quote from: Pluto on March 17, 2021, 11:38:09 PM
I don't know why but I never feel any need or desire to watch or even follow this competition when it's on. I watch football outside of Fulham and enjoy following the twists and turns of the domestic leagues, but when it comes to the Champions League or Europa League I really just don't care. To me it kind of feels like international friendlies - half the time I forget the games are even on.

Maybe it's because I have a fundamental dislike for most of the teams. Or maybe it's that the sheer amount of money involved makes it so far removed from the football I know and love. Or maybe it's just that it's on weekday evenings  :023:

Would be different if Fulham were involved of course! But I honestly wouldn't care or even notice if they just got rid of it tomorrow.

Anyone else feel this way?

For me you have said it how it is, I never give it a thought. If I happen to unwittingly stumble across a Champions League match, if there is an English team playing I will watch it but I have no real interest in it.
I would rather watch an English League match no matter the Division.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Not interested in champions league - too many games and I'm not emotionally invested in the big teams

bobbo

OP , yeah me
i would probably watch the final if an english club were in it. i not got BT either so no really interested.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

perry geyton

I've not watched one game and have zero desire too
Also feel the same way about international football

WindyCity

Quote from: Pluto on March 17, 2021, 11:38:09 PM
Would be different if Fulham were involved of course!

Of course!  That makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

Casual watcher here.  Enjoy some of the games that have evenly matched clubs facing each other. 

Pluto

Quote from: filham on March 18, 2021, 09:53:49 AM
Yes Pluto I feel just like you. All I an thinking about right now is Fulham v Leeds tomorrow night.

Likewise!  049:gif

WindyCity

Quote from: Pluto on March 18, 2021, 02:43:57 PM
Quote from: filham on March 18, 2021, 09:53:49 AM

Likewise!  049:gif

Bingo that!!!!    COYW!!!