watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Contracted 1st Team 21/22

Started by Facts Not Fiction, March 21, 2021, 09:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Just had a run through the players who will definitely be contracted for next season. Disregarding our loan options and the players who may have an option to extend on their contract, this is what we have:

Rodak

Tosin
Mawson
Hector
Kongolo
Le Marchand
Robinson
Bryan
Tete
Odoi
Sessegnon

Zambo
Reed
Cairney
Seri
Johansen
Reid
Onomah
Kebano
Knockaert

Cavaleiro
Mitrovic

Some serious squad culling needs to happen this summer. Arguably 1/3 need to go to balance out the squad and allow for new acquisitions. My opinion of who to cull has been striked through.

Woolly Mammoth

La Marchand, Odio and Seri are the first three that come to mind that I thought would be surplus to requirements.
As for any others I think that needs a closer scrutiny.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jamie88

If we do get relegated, can we say with certainty that another PL club won't come in for the likes of Tosin or Reed after a strong season with us?

Also, I wouldn't be too sure about Tete staying given he'll have aspirations of staying in the Netherlands squad. He was a Champions Legaue player last season, I don't think he'll be happy in the Championship.

Whitesideup

Would keep Odoi as versatile squad player for the Championship, knowing perhaps that we may need upgrade if we get promoted again.

simplyfulham

I would keep Odoi as a utility back up as well. He seems to be a good influence to have around the squad.

As frustrating as Knockhaert is I'd probably Keep him too as he does have good technical ability for that level. I would just like to see us bring someone in ahead of him in the pecking order.

It seems madness to get rid of Joe Bryan as well. I'd have him in the first team over Robinson personally.

MickTheBeard

Bettonelli,christie,ipomoea out on loan we have an option of another year, I'm lead to believe that Betts is on very high wages and we pay half at the moment while he is on loan same for christie.Opoku on the other hand is home grown loaned to Accrington div3,then Plymouth div1 is progressing well could be ready for championship if we go down or loan out again as we have option we need to handle this correctly but hay I'm not director of football,look at ex player Elijah went to Luton in championship in jan centre forward from Walsall from our under 23s and our academy,it is a very important job dof to manage the progress of the club.

filham

If we are playing in the Championship next season I would not be in a hurry to get rid of Kebano, remember those goals he got at the end of last season which helped to clinch a play off place. In fact he may be useful in our last eight premier league games.

JackHamlet90

If we get relegated then Tosin Reed & Tete will move on. Too good for the championship & will attract interest

davew

We are going to need a lot of new players if we go down, not sure Anguissa will stay?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitestone

I would look to offload Le Marchand , Odoi, Ream (contract expires in June), Christie (contract expires in May) Johansen, Mawson (injury prone), Seri, Kebano, Knockhart and Kamara (contract expires in June) no matter what division we are in next season.

In addition to the above I would look to move Hector on if we stay up.

I can't see any of Christie, Ream or Kamara getting contract extensions so that's three easily off the books.

All of those listed above have shown that they are not Premier League quality, even as back up and I would go further and suggest that most weren't even regular starters in the Championship. Those that were, in particular Ream and Odoi were part of a defence that shipped goals.

Appreciate the above may seem harsh to some but I only want what's best for Fulham and don't believe there is any room for sentiment.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Whitestone on March 21, 2021, 01:04:43 PM
I would look to offload Le Marchand , Odoi, Ream (contract expires in June), Christie (contract expires in May) Johansen, Mawson (injury prone), Seri, Kebano, Knockhart and Kamara (contract expires in June) no matter what division we are in next season.

I can't see any of Christie, Ream or Kamara getting contract extensions so that's three easily off the books.

All of those listed above have shown that they are not Premier League quality, even as back up and I would go further and suggest that most weren't even regular starters in the Championship. Those that were, in particular Ream and Odoi were part of a defence that shipped goals.

Appreciate the above may seem harsh to some but I only want what's best for Fulham and don't believe there is any room for sentiment.

Doesn't Kamara already have his contract extended? Pretty sure that it doesn't expire this summer.

Woolly Mammoth

So the answer is that we must avoid relegation at all costs and the talking point should be will we finish 16 or 17th.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JimOG

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 21, 2021, 01:16:04 PM

Doesn't Kamara already have his contract extended? Pretty sure that it doesn't expire this summer.

4 year contract ends this July but there is an option for a further year

WolverineFFC

I do not think there is any way the club could get rid of Knock next season if they were in the Championship. Anything less than 8-10 million sale price would trigger a loss for FFP.

Mawson might finally be let go if the club can get a useful 4th CB (or 3rd if Tosin departed) since he will be in the last year of his deal. Again though, he would have to go for 4-5 million and I am not sure there are any clubs which would pay it.

The Seri/MLM situation is unknown. Between them they probably have to leave for 8 million +, but who knows what is what for accounting purposes.  I do think it will finally be the window Seri leaves for good regardless.

Everyone else you named I suspect could go depending on personal contract decisions and squad balance.

grandad

Other clubs may come calling but the Khans can tell them to do one if they dont want to sell. However Seri, Le Marchand, Mawson, Ream I would part company with.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Asotosyios

Quote from: JimOG on March 21, 2021, 01:30:00 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on March 21, 2021, 01:16:04 PM

4 year contract ends this July but there is an option for a further year

Kamara signed a new contract that expires in 2024.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/december/30/new-deals-for-aboubakar-kamara-kevin-mcdonald/

The Rational Fan

Quote from: WolverineFFC on March 21, 2021, 01:39:46 PM

I do not think there is any way the club could get rid of Knock next season if they were in the Championship. Anything less than 8-10 million sale price would trigger a loss for FFP.

Mawson might finally be let go if the club can get a useful 4th CB (or 3rd if Tosin departed) since he will be in the last year of his deal. Again though, he would have to go for 4-5 million and I am not sure there are any clubs which would pay it.

The Seri/MLM situation is unknown. Between them they probably have to leave for 8 million +, but who knows what is what for accounting purposes.  I do think it will finally be the window Seri leaves for good regardless.

Everyone else you named I suspect could go depending on personal contract decisions and squad balance.

In the Dijon vs Bordeaux game, Kamara was reported with stats as the worse player in the field, while the best player in the match was Seri. We have Reed, Anguissa (or his replacement), Stefjo, Cairney and Onamah next year, we have to see his performance for the rest of the season but I see no reason if we are in the championship why Seri couldn't start the season our sixth midfielder next season. Our weaknesss next season is our attacking players, we need a better wingers than Cav, Reid, Kebano, Kamara and Knockaert.

JimOG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 22, 2021, 03:56:53 AM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on March 21, 2021, 01:39:46 PM

In the Dijon vs Bordeaux game, Kamara was reported with stats as the worse player in the field, while the best player in the match was Seri. We have Reed, Anguissa (or his replacement), Stefjo, Cairney and Onamah next year, we have to see his performance for the rest of the season but I see no reason if we are in the championship why Seri couldn't start the season our sixth midfielder next season. Our weaknesss next season is our attacking players, we need a better wingers than Cav, Reid, Kebano, Kamara and Knockaert.

And most of all strikers like Watkins/Toney and a younger Ings

FulhamStu

I don't think it is inevitable that should we go down all the loans will leave.  I expect most will but Parker may be able to persuade one or two to give us a year and point to Norwich and Watford as to how we could tear it up in the championship.  The same applies to the likes and Tete and Tosin.  I am confident Reed will stay as he has found a home and will not want to move yet again.  The Championship is a slog and requires a squad with depth as there are so many games.  I believe we will be in the best shape ever to have a great season next if we go down.  Parker is key and gives that stability and he can get the players on his side to win another promotion.  Money talks of course and we don't exactly lack an owner who is not willing to spend what ever it takes as long as we stay the right side of FFP.  I also think Kongolo was bought for this reason.  With a few important signings, mainly up front, keeping key men like Mitro and the like next season could be more fun if we go down than if we stay up !

alfie

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 22, 2021, 11:46:34 AM
I don't think it is inevitable that should we go down all the loans will leave.  I expect most will but Parker may be able to persuade one or two to give us a year and point to Norwich and Watford as to how we could tear it up in the championship.  The same applies to the likes and Tete and Tosin.  I am confident Reed will stay as he has found a home and will not want to move yet again.  The Championship is a slog and requires a squad with depth as there are so many games.  I believe we will be in the best shape ever to have a great season next if we go down.  Parker is key and gives that stability and he can get the players on his side to win another promotion.  Money talks of course and we don't exactly lack an owner who is not willing to spend what ever it takes as long as we stay the right side of FFP.  I also think Kongolo was bought for this reason.  With a few important signings, mainly up front, keeping key men like Mitro and the like next season could be more fun if we go down than if we stay up !
I guess
1. Do their clubs want to sell them or continue loan or keep them
2. Are the players going back parent club just to sit on the bench, if that's the case they may want to stay.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't