watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro has scored.

Started by blingo, March 30, 2021, 08:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

More goals in three games than nearly all our players. Just shows how bad Parker ball is

SuffolkWhite

Mitro certainly asking the question, we need M and M up front asap please Mr Mr Parker  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

You can play as many forwards as you like but unless you give them the correct service they won't score in a month of Sundays

HV71

Quote from: Andy S on March 30, 2021, 09:02:56 PM
You can play as many forwards as you like but unless you give them the correct service they won't score in a month of Sundays

This is so true and the very heart of the problem

Syd Cupp

Quote from: Andy S on March 30, 2021, 09:02:56 PM

If I was Scott I'd be looking at how Serbia are using Mitro and try to incorporate it into his tactics.
I dare say that Mitro is getting the service he needs but 5 goals in 3 games shows that he's as we used to say "Is on Fire" 

Deeping_white

He's also been playing against some worse teams than what you'd expect to see at PL level so you have to take that into account, and Parker ball hasn't been the issue because we've created plenty of good chances all season - it's just that we always seem to sh*t our pants and mess up the final pass or finish.

blingo

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 30, 2021, 10:26:15 PM
He's also been playing against some worse teams than what you'd expect to see at PL level so you have to take that into account, and Parker ball hasn't been the issue because we've created plenty of good chances all season - it's just that we always seem to sh*t our pants and mess up the final pass or finish.

The Irish back line were prem players and most of the Portuguese are good enough to play in the premiership too. What does the guy have to do to make you see he is our main hope. As for Parker ball, no side can score passing sideways and backwards. There is just no pleasing some on here.

Deeping_white

Quote from: blingo on March 30, 2021, 10:34:53 PM

The Irish back line were prem players and most of the Portuguese are good enough to play in the premiership too. What does the guy have to do to make you see he is our main hope. As for Parker ball, no side can score passing sideways and backwards. There is just no pleasing some on here.

They lost to the mighty Luxembourg and drew with Qatar, Portugal are very attack heavy in terms of quality and I assume you're not contesting that Azerbaijan are hardly football elites? I've been supportive of Mitro scoring and you can check my post history if you don't believe me, but it's like congratulating AK for scoring against some irrelevant African team for Mauritania, you have to take into account who he scored against before making a comparison against the rest of the team, even though it'll do nothing but wonders for his confidence and our chances in the run in.

The stats back up that we're middle of the pack when it comes to creating decent chances so use the boring trope of "parker ball" if you want, the fact is that the finishing is the issue and not creating the chances. If we'd had someone like Danny Ings up front this season I reckon we'd be about 10th by now.

Twig

You seriously don't think Portugal are up to Prem std?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Twig on March 30, 2021, 10:54:41 PM

See comment above replying to Blingo, some does not imply all three teams that he played against? Ireland are currently woeful and Azerbaijan are league one standard at a push

blingo

All he can do is score. What more does it have to be, spectacular goals against spectacular teams? If thats what you want then go buy Ronaldo or Messi but can't quite see them coming can you?
Within the realms of the players we have, he is the best scorer we have ....IF GIVEN THE SERVICE.  Why are you criticising a situation whereby our top striker can do nothing but gain confidence at a time when we need it the most. There is simply no pleasing some.

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 30, 2021, 11:32:46 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 30, 2021, 10:54:41 PM

See comment above replying to Blingo, some does not imply all three teams that he played against? Ireland are currently woeful and Azerbaijan are league one standard at a push

I do agree that references to Parker ball are a sad and lazy trope.  However I also think that Blingo is right that all Mitro can do is score and 5 in 3 internationals is excellent. As to chances, I think we have missed TC because he creates chances through the midfield that Mitro can latch onto.  Yes, our finishing needs to improve (which of course is a Mitro speciality) but we also need to provide better quality and more varied supply (mixing crosses from wide with balls played through the middle and the channels.

SuffolkWhite

I think the nature of a Striker is different to a midfielder or winger even. We are in a situation where we need to score goals, so play the tactics and players that will get that result. Easy to say I know but looking at the squad surely 442 or 4411 is doable. The GK and defence pick themselves so who in midfield do you have to supply two Strikers?

For me REED , LAMINA/ANGUISSA and as wingers BDR right and BRYAN left, but really anyone that can vary between crossing and running at a defence.

My two pennies anyway, over to you SP  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

St Eve

Quote from: blingo on March 31, 2021, 09:30:12 AM
All he can do is score. What more does it have to be, spectacular goals against spectacular teams? If thats what you want then go buy Ronaldo or Messi but can't quite see them coming can you?
Within the realms of the players we have, he is the best scorer we have ....IF GIVEN THE SERVICE.  Why are you criticising a situation whereby our top striker can do nothing but gain confidence at a time when we need it the most. There is simply no pleasing some.
agreed blingo. Quite baffling really

Nick Bateman

Good post by Blingo. Even the media has been baffled by the omission of Fulham's top striker when all the others cannot find the net on any regularity. I also like the remark by SuffolkWhite re M & M as a forward line. Very catchy slogan.

Drop Cavaleiro and bring Mitro back in for the rest of the season.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

blingo

Like I said nick playing m&m could work out a treet.