watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker’s quote says it all

Started by South Coast White, April 04, 2021, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

"We were walking away with one point with 15 minutes to go and then we were sloppy"

Well why not try and win the game instead of trying to just hang on by defending against a team with better finishers than ours you CLOWN.

Blawarmy

Quote from: South Coast White on April 04, 2021, 06:56:37 PM
"We were walking away with one point with 15 minutes to go and then we were sloppy"

Well why not try and win the game instead of trying to just hang on by defending against a team with better finishers than ours you CLOWN.
We were winning. We had 3 points. We blew it with negative tactics.

Whitestone

The players blew it today not the manager. Poor mistakes at the back cost us. Offensively they have better players than us so Mito apart our finishers are not as good as theirs. And it showed.

bobby01

5 games won out of 30, second lowest goals scored, 3rd worst in losing points from winning positions. I think that has a lot to do with Parker.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

peter w

Neither side played particularly well and it looked like it would be 0-0, and I can understand the disappointment but Villa's sub's energy changed the game. Yes you can blame Parker for this that and the other (I'm a Villa fan so I genuinely don't know), but sometimes it's not down to what you do but what the other team do.

We won because we just injected what had been missing all game, pace and tempo. For 75 mi utes it wasn't really there from either side.

No idea about Parker as I haven't seen much of you but he did speak well at the end and I do think it wasn't negative tactics that did for you but poor game management. Doing those hard yards and being aware of when to fouls to break up play and the like. Your passing out from the back was iffy, but the mistake for the 2nd goal is down to individual error rather than tactics.

It just looked like the moment, and movement/tempo of Villa caused panic in an otherwise comfortable Fulham performance. I think given how well youve changed your team since we last met getting rid of Parker seems crazy, but not being a Fulham fan I don't know. Anyway he spoke well and I wish him luck.

Whitestone

Quote from: bobby01 on April 04, 2021, 07:40:20 PM
5 games won out of 30, second lowest goals scored, 3rd worst in losing points from winning positions. I think that has a lot to do with Parker.

It's not simple though is it ?. We were promoted with a team that was not fit for the Premier League. To build a team during a playing season is a recipe for disaster which others should take some responsibility for.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Whitestone on April 04, 2021, 07:46:48 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on April 04, 2021, 07:40:20 PM

It's not simple though is it ?. We were promoted with a team that was not fit for the Premier League. To build a team during a playing season is a recipe for disaster which others should take some responsibility for.
Actually where is Tony?  Goes AWOL when we're losing

Southdowns White

1-0 up and we are playing the ball out to our corner flag and yet another game we get caught trying to play the ball around. We never really looked troubled before we scored. I have given Parker the benefit of doubt as I thought he should have been replaced as we struggled to play parker ball last season. We are the creator of our own destruction yet again, with the players we have we should be above the bottom three but are still sitting there despite viewing some desperate football from other teams in the Premiership this season.

AJW48361

The resolution at the back has completely disappeared the City and Leeds defeats has eroded the confidence.

EricB

The Man City game showed that if you pressure our defenders long enough they will make mistakes.  Leeds and Villa have learnt that and never allowed us to play out.  Like most teams when pressured, we tend to make mistakes as indeed Villa did.  You need a little variety and hit long balls or release to midfield as they press.  Predictability allows team to plan and negate our strengths.  Today we had more options, with Mitro up front we had the but never used it. 

davew

We were lucky to be gifted a goal and that Grealish didn't play otherwise it would have been worse, far worse!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: Blawarmy on April 04, 2021, 07:05:28 PM
Quote from: South Coast White on April 04, 2021, 06:56:37 PM

We were winning. We had 3 points. We blew it with negative tactics.
We blew it because of Tosins miscontrol.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BestOfBrede

What's this luv in with Grealish?
The bloke is a cheat

Skatzoffc

I've said it before.

We won't be relegated because of individual errors or because we lose to teams like Leeds and Villa, as they are better than us.

We will be relegated because we got zero points in the first 8 games due to not having a defense when the season started.

End of
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 04, 2021, 09:30:07 PM
I've said it before.

We won't be relegated because of individual errors or because we lose to teams like Leeds and Villa, as they are better than us.

We will be relegated because we got zero points in the first 8 games due to not having a defense when the season started.

End of

Totally agree.

FFCFOREVER

I've said it before.

End of
This is exactly it.

Woolly Mammoth

I've said it before.

End of

Precisely
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: Whitestone on April 04, 2021, 07:34:04 PM
The players blew it today not the manager. Poor mistakes at the back cost us. Offensively they have better players than us so Mito apart our finishers are not as good as theirs. And it showed.

I cannot agree. we were losing our grip and had a couple that were not pulling their weight for instance RLC in the second half. at 1 up we needed to make changes but parker almost always waits until 75 or after to propoerly affect the game. he was going to bring on a defender but we needed a midfielder namely frank zambo anguissa to give us some energy... rlc for frnk at 70 and we would have won, simple as because we would have been on the so called front foot.

parker, all day was dreadful in each of the last three games in how he managed the game.

to be fair the DoF has assembled a poor squad and in the end he is the real culprit but parker has to be better and mopre proactive earlier.

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 04, 2021, 09:25:54 PM
What's this luv in with Grealish?
The bloke is a cheat
He is also a very creative player Brede, wish he was playing for us.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Generally SKY have been very fair with Parker and I think that they were genuinely shocked by the way that the game went yesterday. Without elaborating when asked to comment the pundit said 'Game management' and I think that about sums it up.