watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Wounded

Started by bog, April 05, 2021, 09:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

How painful was that? Why not at 70 mins Maja for Mitro who had done his job and Aquissa for RLC who hadn't? Maja more pace up front and Aquissa running at them with more conviction.  :doh: We just seemed to be awaiting the inevitable.  :031:

While I am at it hats off to big Sam. I am not a fan of him but I thought WBA were nothing short of sensational on Saturday. Their opponents were 2nd best even when with 11 players. It may have been a massive case of complacency but whatever I wish we could play in the style as the Baggies did.  :54:

092.gif   

Fernhurst

Still recovering Captain, with our experience we should be numb to the disappointment but unfortunately not.
We had the tools to fashion a result but as usual we are built up before crashing to defeat.
Won't give up yet but it really is the impossible dream now.

The reality is -------" We ain't all that"
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 05, 2021, 10:42:25 AM
Still recovering Captain, with our experience we should be numb to the disappointment but unfortunately not.
We had the tools to fashion a result but as usual we are built up before crashing to defeat.

We should know better shouldn't we Fernhurst. I'm very long in the tooth, well those that are left, so I should have.  Bloody hurt that did.  :016: :016: :dft001:

bigalffc

Oh so painful, the elation when Mitro scored and we were above Newcastle and then the devastation of their goals, I've hit lows many times following our team but that left me really gutted.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bog

After 68 years of regular downers I should be able to handle that but I can't. I think after the win at Anfield I was flying, we looked so committed and organised....then that nonsense yesterday and I crashed and burned as they say.  :022:

092.gif   

LittleErn

Quote from: bigalffc on April 05, 2021, 11:45:03 AM
Oh so painful, the elation when Mitro scored and we were above Newcastle and then the devastation of their goals, I've hit lows many times following our team but that left me really gutted.

It was certainly hard to take, but I've been "gutted" when we've lost to a refereeing error, or a man sent off. I was gutted in 1958 when the ref disallowed a perfectly good Haynes equaliser in the FA cup semi-final replay. I was gutted when we fought back from 3-0 down to lead Newcastle 4-3 and lost to two goals from Vic Keeble that should have seen him sent off for dangerous play! (So long ago I can't remember when.)  I've never been gutted when we are beaten by a better team and that is what happened yesterday. I know we matched them till the 78th minute but they had attacking options on the bench and we didn't. The bench is part of the team. Apart from Mitro's goal, which was a gift, I can't remember us creating many, if any, other chances. We got what we deserved - nothing. People are calling for a change in attacking style but I'm afraid we don't have the personnel to succeed in attack whichever style we use. We had better results when we set out to keep a clean sheet at all costs. Maybe we have to go back to that, pickup draws and with luck one win, and hope the other relegation candidates do worse. Maybe; maybe not.

Peabody

Quote from: bog on April 05, 2021, 11:40:59 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on April 05, 2021, 10:42:25 AM

We should know better shouldn't we Fernhurst. I'm very long in the tooth, well those that are left, so I should have.  Bloody hurt that did.  :016: :016: :dft001:

Yes bog that did hurt but for 75 mins we were the better team, why not concentrate on that, onwards and upwards but if it ain't, we will still be hear next season (well I hope I will be).

Sgt Fulham

The Merseyside wins were like being revived from the dead, only to be shot in the heart again.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 05, 2021, 04:15:56 PM
The Merseyside wins were like being revived from the dead, only to be shot in the heart again.

So so true those wins revived a massive hope inside along with such a feeling of pride.

All Fulham fans have repeated the mantra over the years.
"It's the hope that kills you"

Oh well, last chance Friday coming up.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: LittleErn on April 05, 2021, 03:50:06 PM

It was certainly hard to take, but I've been "gutted" when we've lost to a refereeing error, or a man sent off. I was gutted in 1958 when the ref disallowed a perfectly good Haynes equaliser in the FA cup semi-final replay. I was gutted when we fought back from 3-0 down to lead Newcastle 4-3 and lost to two goals from Vic Keeble that should have seen him sent off for dangerous play! (So long ago I can't remember when.)  I've never been gutted when we are beaten by a better team and that is what happened yesterday. I know we matched them till the 78th minute but they had attacking options on the bench and we didn't. The bench is part of the team. Apart from Mitro's goal, which was a gift, I can't remember us creating many, if any, other chances. We got what we deserved - nothing. People are calling for a change in attacking style but I'm afraid we don't have the personnel to succeed in attack whichever style we use. We had better results when we set out to keep a clean sheet at all costs. Maybe we have to go back to that, pickup draws and with luck one win, and hope the other relegation candidates do worse. Maybe; maybe not.

I recall all of them, I wish to add the '62 semi and no penalty given when Mo Cook was flattened near the end at yesterday's venue.   

092.gif

LittleErn

Quote from: bog on April 05, 2021, 05:04:14 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on April 05, 2021, 03:50:06 PM

I recall all of them, I wish to add the '62 semi and no penalty given when Mo Cook was flattened near the end at yesterday's venue.   

092.gif

I was at the first game but didn't make the replay. Sounds like I missed being gutted again!

Colton F.C.

It is the hope that destroys you.  Twelve minutes remaining and breathing the pure oxygen of 17th place.  It is never meant to  be easy to support Fulham but that was hard to take. But we move on.

Seven games remaining.  Newcastle still within reach.  Mitro is scoring.  Wolves looking terrible against the Irons  Its not over until its over. COYW!

filham

We were terrible and the pain is still there 24 hours after the event.
As I see it we are now relegated and  attention will soon have to be focused on next season.

LittleErn

Quote from: Colton F.C. on April 05, 2021, 08:50:12 PM
It is the hope that destroys you.  Twelve minutes remaining and breathing the pure oxygen of 17th place.  It is never meant to  be easy to support Fulham but that was hard to take. But we move on.

Seven games remaining.  Newcastle still within reach.  Mitro is scoring.  Wolves looking terrible against the Irons  Its not over until its over. COYW!

Wet Spam almost gave up a 3 goal lead - see what happens when you sit back and surrender the initiative!

Plodder

We are not relegated yet, far from it. Just three points behind, and with a better goal difference.  We have played badly in the last two games, but it is an unpredictable season, things can change quickly, and one round of matches (us winning and Newcastle Utd losing) would yield an altogether different picture.

Even if we go down, I won't get the same hollow feeling as I used to when younger, just be very disappointed. Maybe it's an age thing, but it's no longer the hurt I used to feel 50 years ago.

AJW48361

What's forgotten is while consistently in the bottom 3 the amount of pressure that grows amongst the players I feel yesterday game highlighted this and capitulation at 1-1

RaySmith

Gutting, heart rending, anger making.
WARNING - supporting Fulham can trigger severe depression and feelings of despair!
But us long term, and even short term, fans of Fulham have been here so many time before, probably  soon after   starting to support the club.

But we  rise, as always, bloody but (almost) unbowed, if scarred- again.

It's the hope that kills you, but surprisingly perhaps, we still have hope this season, and it's  this team that has given us this, when we seemed doomed earlier in the season.

WE can do it, there's still all to play for.
COYW 049:gif