https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what would you do to the "big 6"?

Started by WhiteJC, April 21, 2021, 01:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Introduce a football regulatory body with teeth

bobbo

I thought about my answer long and hard . I honestly think relegation,points deduction etc etc will hurt the fans players and managers all of whom seem to had had no part in the wanting to join the ESL .
It is the deceitful owners who have been negotiating behind the fans,players and managers backs for god knows how long . It's this kind of practice how they became so rich in the first place.

I say hit them as hard as possible without them being able to pass it down the line to the people who love the game but don't love money as much as the owners/ chief execs etc
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Blawarmy

Quote from: bobbo on April 21, 2021, 06:48:24 PM
I thought about my answer long and hard . I honestly think relegation,points deduction etc etc will hurt the fans players and managers all of whom seem to had had no part in the wanting to join the ESL .
It is the deceitful owners who have been negotiating behind the fans,players and managers backs for god knows how long . It's this kind of practice how they became so rich in the first place.

I say hit them as hard as possible without them being able to pass it down the line to the people who love the game but don't love money as much as the owners/ chief execs etc
Previous rangers owner got them relegated to the bottom tier. Yeah it's not fair in the fans players etc but this will hit them hard and be great to see the lower league clubs make a few quid in the process!

St Eve

Unfortunately nothing will happen. They should be relegated to league 2

bobbo

Quote from: St Eve on April 21, 2021, 08:03:01 PM
Unfortunately nothing will happen. They should be relegated to league 2
ifear you're right st eve
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

They are so rich already and yet got even more greedy, without a thought/care for anyone else!

Therefore, the punishment should be big fines that are used for lower leagues/grass roots football as these are the the areas that would have been devastated by the new league.
Then they should have points deductions and either transfer bans or wage ceilings put on them for at least one season.

If it was my decision though, I would relegate them to division 2 - promote teams up the leagues to rep,ace and let div 2 teams get the benefit of large income for a season or two.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 21, 2021, 06:08:13 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on April 21, 2021, 01:35:43 PM
What I hope happens:

Expulsion from the Premier League and English Football League, fines of no less than 7 figures each, bans from European competition
50+1 rule introduced

What I think will actually happen:

5 figure fines, maybe a transfer ban. That's it.

i actually laughed so hard reading your punishment.

In essense you are saying their punishment should be exactly what they just tried to do hahahahahaa

They would leave the prem and europe if they had their way, thats what they wanted.

But you want that to be their punishment ? hahahaahhaahahahah
Absolutely. Believe it or not I am actually in favour of a Super League in the sense that I want the greedy clubs and their parasite owners out of our leagues. I'd want them out, and then all partners to boycott/refuse to support any future ventures/leagues that they'd try to pull subsequently. Obviously a pipe dream but my point is still that yes, I would punish them by letting them have their cake and force feeding it to them.

WhiteJC

rebel

If 'nothing severe' happens, it will set a precedent; they will just try to do it again. The 'shameful' part is that they did it under the cloak of 'COVID'.

clarkey

The obvious punishment is to be commensurate with Rangers or lower League sides who have broken rules. That would mean a ban from Europe (definite) and a relegation or points loss plus a fine.

What will actually happen is a promise to try to understand them better.

Love to see a hard line though, relegation would be amazing. A few of them have been down not so long ago.

JoelH5

Yeah so they will give fines to the Executives who own the clubs. That way they can line their (The PL) own pockets further and wont relegate the teams thus keeping TV rights revenue high also to further line their pockets.

Wigan were relegated. No one cared about their players or fans. One rule for the "big 6" another for everyone else.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

I would deduct points. Probably 30. They then have to fight to avoid the drop which seems doable but none of them would be winning anything this season or next as the pressure would be immense

JoelH5

I have actually just emailed Mr Mackintosh to explain why I feel he and the club should be lobbying for the "Big 6" to be relegated from the league.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

toshes mate

I'm for the hard line - exile and blacklist the owners; fine each club the equivalent of their last five years' expenditure; nullify all player contracts (making them free to look for work elsewhere);  throw the clubs out of the league and force them to rejoin via an appropriate level of at least double figures.  Let them all see what being treated 'fairly' means outside of the PL and let them suffer the long journey back if they can make it. 

Of course we will miss them all six of them - for a second or so each.