watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker spells pure misery ...

Started by howitis, April 09, 2021, 09:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

We play even worse with Mitro starting. It's just how it is, Scott doesnt know how to utilize him what so over.
Maja up front through the middle, get back to the team that started prior to the City game. We should have stuck with them through that patch and we didn't. I understand completely that Mitro did great on international duty, but he aint cutting it for us. It may not even be his fault, but under Parker he's been useless.
I was optimistic with how we were starting to shape up with Josh through the middle and Aina attacking on the left... Had it with SP at the moment. We can but pray that Newcastle continue to be dogs*** or we will be down before long. Hope we can at least be within 3 points for the last game of the season. But my lord it feels grim after watching that shower again

Southcoastffc

I don't think it's been a question of selection/formation for a while but more a question of attitude.  You can bet your bottom dollar that Newcastle will scrap v Burnley as if their lives depend on it.  Their energy and fight against Spurs was a world away from the way we play.  Scott will probably talk about principles and philosophy but sometimes you simply just have to battle and fight. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Blawarmy

Quote from: howitis on April 09, 2021, 10:04:04 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 09, 2021, 09:59:56 PM
Same old posters will come here and suggest England are in the wings, or a top club are waiting on a manager who has a 15-16% win ratio in the prem. Utter dreamers.

Your so right - his record is truly appalling. Two home wins in a full season  - West Bromwich and Sheff utd. 9 goals at home all season. You would have thought after 30 games he might try something more attacking ...
Get in Eddie Howe asap before he joins Celtic

jayffc

Quote from: Blawarmy on April 09, 2021, 10:11:12 PM
Quote from: howitis on April 09, 2021, 10:04:04 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 09, 2021, 09:59:56 PM
Same old posters will come here and suggest England are in the wings, or a top club are waiting on a manager who has a 15-16% win ratio in the prem. Utter dreamers.

Your so right - his record is truly appalling. Two home wins in a full season  - West Bromwich and Sheff utd. 9 goals at home all season. You would have thought after 30 games he might try something more attacking ...
Get in Eddie Howe asap before he joins Celtic

Bring back Slav I say! what I'd give to see what he could do with this team now we have a decent defence!

YankeeJim

Somebody tell me that if you replaced Parker with Sir Alex, what would he see when he looked down the Fulham bench? Would he discover a striker or an attacking mid that Parker has overlooked?  There ain't nothing there gentlemen.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Blawarmy

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 09, 2021, 10:18:42 PM
Somebody tell me that if you replaced Parker with Sir Alex, what would he see when he looked down the Fulham bench? Would he discover a striker or an attacking mid that Parker has overlooked?  There ain't nothing there gentlemen.
Down to Tony then?

ROKERITE

Josh Maja? A player who is a natural goal scorer.

Robbie

H3Matt

Don't worry guys. Somewhere in Florida, Tony Khan is looking at his score update and smiling as he realises he gets to continue to live his dream of being in charge of a yo-yo club. And this is while he's super busy writing the utterly important next episode of AEW Dynamite while he's also on a conference call with the Jags defensive coach telling them how to defense.

TC's Sporran

scotty looking upbeat
emotional
but doesnt look anyway near to throwing the towel in

Woolly Mammoth

Agree
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 09, 2021, 10:22:40 PM
scotty looking upbeat
emotional
I fear his optimism is shared with a tiny minority

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 09, 2021, 10:22:40 PM
scotty looking upbeat
emotional

He won't throw the towel in it is not in his nature, he is probably hurting more than anybody.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 09, 2021, 10:25:55 PM

Agree

Hodgson did it, Tuell is doing it at chelsea after fat frank, it's not the players but the manager and his tactics

David Allen Crankshaw

I don't understand why people are so keen on Eddie Howe. He got Bournemouth relegated after spending a significant amount of money. Perhaps it's a case of swapping like for like. It's a shame we have so little in the U23 team that could give us some hope for promotion next season. With
so many loan players due to return to their parent clubs next season we could be in rather a pickle for season 2021-22.

Blawarmy

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on April 09, 2021, 10:30:18 PM
I don't understand why people are so keen on Eddie Howe. He got Bournemouth relegated after spending a significant amount of money. Perhaps it's a case of swapping like for like. It's a shame we have so little in the U23 team that could give us some hope for promotion next season. With
so many loan players due to return to their parent clubs next season we could be in rather a pickle for season 2021-22.
They were riddled with injuries when they got relegated and arguably had a squad even worse than ours

Jules

Quote from: Robbie on April 09, 2021, 10:22:11 PM
Why would Howe join?
no chance of getting Eddie Howe. He is Celtic bound

jayffc

Quote from: ROKERITE on April 09, 2021, 10:22:04 PM

He might of noticed Josh Maja and put him on from something earlier than the last 10 minutes yes... Josh Maja who's arrival saw us playing more fluidly in attack
He might also work out that what worked for Mitro before was getting to the byline and cutting back or chipping in to the box and work on making space for him.
He might also be able to organise some sense of attacking urgency, and he certainly wouldnt' p***yfoot around , I'd expect his teams to come out with a fire in their belly or risk his wrath.

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 09, 2021, 10:25:55 PM

Agree

Perhaps he coach the players and made tactical changes that worked, I sure at Aberdeen he didn't have a team of world-beaters but managed to win a European trophy 

itombomb

People are right that there is an absence of quality, but when you look at the Burnley, Palace (outside of Zaha) or Brighton, they're not teams with much (if any) more quality in their squads.

We've failed to score in 10 of 16 home games. It's really not good enough, and I'm just so bored of watching a Parker team play football.

Quote from: ROKERITE on April 09, 2021, 10:04:31 PM
Why not start with Josh Maja? At least putting him on the bench saved me some money but it severely reduced the chances of a Fulham win.
In the hour or two of football he and Mitrovic have played together it appears like no one knows what do do when we go to a proper 442.