watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker spells pure misery ...

Started by howitis, April 09, 2021, 09:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

More than disappointed tonight I could make excuses but tonight it looks like we're down so just relax and enjoy the last six matches and see what happens

bahay18

i thought parker was doing ok . but leeds was an utter shambles , why go toe to toe in basket ball match with them ? villa ,manager brings on 2 fresh players in centre mid you have to react . tonight , not really sure what the plan was ? lump the ball to mitro even if he isn't there because he is walking around shaking his head because he gave it away earlier in the move ?

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 09, 2021, 10:25:55 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 09, 2021, 10:18:42 PM
Somebody tell me that if you replaced Parker with Sir Alex, what would he see when he looked down the Fulham bench? Would he discover a striker or an attacking mid that Parker has overlooked?  There ain't nothing there gentlemen.

Agree
Quote from: jayffc on April 09, 2021, 10:36:06 PM

Quote from: ROKERITE on April 09, 2021, 10:22:04 PM
Somebody tell me that if you replaced Parker with Sir Alex, what would he see when he looked down the Fulham bench? Would he discover a striker or an attacking mid that Parker has overlooked?  There ain't nothing there gentlemen.

He might of noticed Josh Maja and put him on from something earlier than the last 10 minutes yes... Josh Maja who's arrival saw us playing more fluidly in attack
He might also work out that what worked for Mitro before was getting to the byline and cutting back or chipping in to the box and work on making space for him.
He might also be able to organise some sense of attacking urgency, and he certainly wouldnt' p***yfoot around , I'd expect his teams to come out with a fire in their belly or risk his wrath.

+1

jayffc

Quote from: itombomb on April 09, 2021, 10:41:38 PM
People are right that there is an absence of quality, but when you look at the Burnley, Palace (outside of Zaha) or Brighton, they're not teams with much (if any) more quality in their squads.

We've failed to score in 10 of 16 home games. It's really not good enough, and I'm just so bored of watching a Parker team play football.

Quote from: ROKERITE on April 09, 2021, 10:04:31 PM
Why not start with Josh Maja? At least putting him on the bench saved me some money but it severely reduced the chances of a Fulham win.
In the hour or two of football he and Mitrovic have played together it appears like no one knows what do do when we go to a proper 442.

Agree
best football we've played has been

Areola
Tete Anderson Tosi Aina
Lemina/Anguissa Reed
BDR RLC Lookman
Maja

I'd stick with that for the rest of the season (potentially could replace Tosin with Kongolo I suppose). If it dont work out it dont work out but I'm yet to see a game this year where Mitro plays and we look good. Sad as it is to say it. I really wish it werent true, but it is.

bobby01

Sorry but Parker's press comments have finished me. Arsenal is evidently a must win game, so villa and wolves weren't, a must win game where I guarantee we will not go forward.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

andyk

Parker is lucky that the Cottage is empty.
It's not a real season anyway.
Whoever gets relegated, whoever gets promoted, or wins the Prem League. It's all a nonsense.
No fans, empty grounds, the clatter and echoes. Roll on normality.
At least our new stand got built at the best time possible.

SuffolkWhite

There is a lot of things that have got us to this position, young Manager learning his trade yes, late arrival in the Prem yes, Covid Yes, FFP YES.
Always hard being a smaller club but would you go anywhere else NO.
COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HobGoblin

Quote from: blingo on April 09, 2021, 10:44:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 09, 2021, 10:25:55 PM

Agree
Quote from: jayffc on April 09, 2021, 10:36:06 PM

Quote from: ROKERITE on April 09, 2021, 10:22:04 PM

He might of noticed Josh Maja and put him on from something earlier than the last 10 minutes yes... Josh Maja who's arrival saw us playing more fluidly in attack
He might also work out that what worked for Mitro before was getting to the byline and cutting back or chipping in to the box and work on making space for him.
He might also be able to organise some sense of attacking urgency, and he certainly wouldnt' p***yfoot around , I'd expect his teams to come out with a fire in their belly or risk his wrath.

+1

+2

If you think the most sucessful manager manure have ever had couldn't do a better job than Parker then you no idea on what a manager can influence, the way of playing, man management, tactics, a sense of urgency. Things that we seem to be sadly missing.

We came out cagey, needed to win, had to go for it. Not meekly play and ultra defensive. Put two strikers on from the damn start. It's frustrating seeing how negative the tacic is by Parker. We go down, he has to go immediately, time for a fresh approach.

Woolly Mammoth

So that's it we all agree then we are Doomed !!!!   051
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 09, 2021, 11:16:37 PM
There is a lot of things that have got us to this position, young Manager learning his trade yes, late arrival in the Prem yes, Covid Yes, FFP YES.
Always hard being a smaller club but would you go anywhere else NO.
COYW

my thoughts exactly

FFC In Oz

Sick of Parker's mentality as well.

The way he was a player is inferred on to his players.

We don't look to win games, we look to not lose. 

He can't get team selection right, he can't get subs right, he can't get his tactics right.

We play dull, uninspiring football.  We are so easy to defend against.