watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whats the point?

Started by JoelH5, April 10, 2021, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Another 40 odd games of bloody Championship football to come back up and get relegated again.

I'm so, so depressed after night. Closest I've been to tears after a game for two decades. Absolutely miserable. How can you sleep after that?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 10, 2021, 12:00:50 AM
Another 40 odd games of bloody Championship football to come back up and get relegated again.

I'm so, so depressed after night. Closest I've been to tears after a game for two decades. Absolutely miserable. How can you sleep after that?

Hard as it is, just accept we're pants and enjoy other aspects of life. I hate to say it, but being a Fulham fan has shown to me we have marginal highs and harder hitting lows. It could be worse, but it could be much better.

Ah well, onwards and upwards and lets hope we can finally mount a serious challenge for the championship title next season.

Baszab

The point is that there is no coherent plan for the squad - hasn't been since TK took over
All based on Loanees
Pathetic

bigalffc

Know how you feel Joel, really gutted, but we are Fulham and this lifelong ride on the Big Dipper is our fate. Let's hope we can rebuild next season and get promoted again. Won't be easy with all the loaners disappearing. Tony Kahn once mentioned us being a yo-yo team, seems he's right.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Andy S

It really doesn't matter.  This is just a small all episode in the game of life.

Radiowhite

Personally not that disappointed because i prepare myself for it with pessimism

JackHamlet90

Completely agree with you love Fulham but am hurt with this season. I have no excitement for next year at all another year in the championship to try come up just to come down again all so pointless we need changes at the top or we are a waste of a space in Premier League

Steven Ageroad

What do prefer watching, a successful Championship side (not guaranteed) or a struggling Premier League side?

Caedal

Who says we're going to be a successful championship side?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Caedal on April 10, 2021, 08:49:27 AM

+1

Too many on here seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that we'll bounce straight back up.

I posted a few months ago stating that I was more worried about consecutive relegations than coming straight back up.

Our squad is going to look a lot different, and who knows whether that will be a good thing or bad thing.

keithh

I'm hoping we can bounce back & not do a Charlton.

perry geyton

I felt nothing as we deserve nothing
Turned it off and got on with my day there's far worse things going on in the world these days, not worth getting upset about  football
Especially in soulless empty stadiums with fake crowd sound effects, where players are earning bucket loads

Wingnut

Quote from: Caedal on April 10, 2021, 08:49:27 AM

Very hard to see us finishing outside the play off places, given that we have the bones of the last side that won promotion. The likes of Tosin and Robinson are upgrades on our last squad. I'd prefer to see us building a team that can survive in the PL, but I think we are in for another cycle of promotion and relegation.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fulhamfan666

last time in the premier we were awful.
This time we are ok/bad
Next time will be better.

Ruislip White

I'm looking forward to championship.  We will have a solid defence and keeper (something that was lacking for the first half of last season), and the huge benefit of having Michael Hector playing for a full season.  Doesn't quite cut the mustard at Prem level but an outstanding championship player.  Rodak, Hector, Tosin/Ream, Tete and Bryan/Robinson - To have this base to build from one day one is cause for optimism.

PaulJ123

I do like the championship but yesterday was a real body blow. Sums up Parker's time in charge I felt and it's time for a change for all parties at the end of the season.

#HoweIn

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on April 10, 2021, 12:02:55 AM
The point is that there is no coherent plan for the squad - hasn't been since TK took over
All based on Loanees
Pathetic

Completely agree, so short term and then guess what the inevitable rebuild yet again.

Twig

Quote from: Ruislip White on April 10, 2021, 08:14:53 PM
I'm looking forward to championship.  We will have a solid defence and keeper (something that was lacking for the first half of last season), and the huge benefit of having Michael Hector playing for a full season.  Doesn't quite cut the mustard at Prem level but an outstanding championship player.  Rodak, Hector, Tosin/Ream, Tete and Bryan/Robinson - To have this base to build from one day one is cause for optimism.

Sorry but how is it a huge boost to have Hector?

Sammyffc

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 10, 2021, 12:00:50 AM

How this be the closest you have been to tears in two decades........ seriously. This is literally normal for us at the moment

Southcoastffc

If you assume we are a yo-yo club, it's reasonably likely there'll be more tears - noone can guarantee that we will bounce back.  I don't think I am that bothered which division we are in, it's more important for me that we play football I enjoy watching. And, unfortunately, under SP's tenure that is not very often.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.