more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whats the point?

Started by JoelH5, April 10, 2021, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 11, 2021, 08:04:52 AM
If you assume we are a yo-yo club, it's reasonably likely there'll be more tears - noone can guarantee that we will bounce back.  I don't think I am that bothered which division we are in, it's more important for me that we play football I enjoy watching. And, unfortunately, under SP's tenure that is not very often.

I would 2nd that, i would rather watch our football under slav in the championship over and over again, than watch scotts tactics or whatever it is we do or have

HV71

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 11, 2021, 08:33:01 AM
If you assume we are a yo-yo club, it's reasonably likely there'll be more tears - noone can guarantee that we will bounce back.  I don't think I am that bothered which division we are in, it's more important for me that we play football I enjoy watching. And, unfortunately, under SP's tenure that is not very often.

I really have tried not to feel like this - but I do - I just want to experience again that exciting football that got my ageing body out of my seat on so many occasions.

I would 2nd that, i would rather watch our football under slav in the championship over and over again, than watch scotts tactics or whatever it is we do or have

RaySmith

But noone could have enjoyed the football we played under Slav in the Prem.

I preferred watching us beat top teams like Leicester, Liverpool and Everton under Parker, than  getting hammered under Slav every week. Who did we beat of note under him in the Prem - well, how many games did we win at all?
At least we have given ourselves a chance of staying up in the closing stages, under slav we were gone long before the end of the season.

I always enjoy the way Fulham play  if we draw or win, but not if we lose.

Not bothered if the football is pretty, just that it is effective in getting results.
Though winning by playing scintillating football is obviously the ideal, but if we lose playing lovely football - not enjoyable for me, if it  keeps happening.
The idea is to win games, or at least not lose - it's not exhibition football.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on April 10, 2021, 09:31:06 PM
Quote from: Ruislip White on April 10, 2021, 08:14:53 PM
I'm looking forward to championship.  We will have a solid defence and keeper (something that was lacking for the first half of last season), and the huge benefit of having Michael Hector playing for a full season.  Doesn't quite cut the mustard at Prem level but an outstanding championship player.  Rodak, Hector, Tosin/Ream, Tete and Bryan/Robinson - To have this base to build from one day one is cause for optimism.

Sorry but how is it a huge boost to have Hector?
I don't know what has gone wrong with Hector but he is an accident waiting to happen imo.  Ream is out of contract in June and will head back to the States I'm sure.  Kongolo looked good Friday but it is whether he can stay injury free.  We have Mawson back too but same concerns with regard to him.

We Are Premier League

IFwe go dow; I think we have a very good chance to go straight back up. After some frugal decisions this season we will be in a better FFP situation going forward. Tete, Tosin, Robinson were great signings. Add them and possibly,but unlikely, Zambo and you have a squad that will be the favourite to get promoted.

Ruislip White

I'm looking forward to championship.  We will have a solid defence and keeper (something that was lacking for the first half of last season), and the huge benefit of having Michael Hector playing for a full season.  Doesn't quite cut the mustard at Prem level but an outstanding championship player.  Rodak, Hector, Tosin/Ream, Tete and Bryan/Robinson - To have this base to build from one day one is cause for optimism.

Was he not one of our best players in the championship?  If so then having him for a whole season rather than half a season is a boost.  If you don't think he was excellent last season, we'll agree to disagree.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Baszab on April 10, 2021, 12:02:55 AM
The point is that there is no coherent plan for the squad - hasn't been since TK took over
All based on Loanees
Pathetic
Because he's part time. Shahid needs to sort this sh1t out

3 Cherries

Jules

Quote from: RaySmith on April 11, 2021, 08:57:28 AM
But noone could have enjoyed the football we played under Slav in the Prem.

I preferred watching us beat top teams like Leicester, Liverpool and Everton under Parker, than  getting hammered under Slav every week. Who did we beat of note under him in the Prem - well, how many games did we win at all?
At least we have given ourselves a chance of staying up in the closing stages, under slav we were gone long before the end of the season.

I always enjoy the way Fulham play  if we draw or win, but not if we lose.

Not bothered if the football is pretty, just that it is effective in getting results.
Though winning by playing scintillating football is obviously the ideal, but if we lose playing lovely football - not enjoyable for me, if it  keeps happening.
The idea is to win games, or at least not lose - it's not exhibition football.
In fairness, Scott has been given more time than Slav- in the prem I mean. Both made shocking starts to the prem campaigns but Slav got the boot and the Khan's stuck with Parker this season. This is something I think most of us agreed with - to give Scott until the end of the season. It's not yet the end of the season but it is looking like relegation. I am not sure what the best outcome is in terms of nanagement, but Scott was given the task of keeping us up. We should know for sure soon but it looks like this has failed. I personally hope if we stick with Scott he learns from this and adds more flexibility to his tactics. Right now we are so predictable and lack any creativity and goal scoring threat.

Steven Ageroad

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Caedal on April 10, 2021, 08:49:27 AM
Who says we're going to be a successful championship side?

I did in brackets, not guaranteed!

Twig

Quote from: Ruislip White on April 11, 2021, 07:39:57 PM

Was he not one of our best players in the championship?  If so then having him for a whole season rather than half a season is a boost.  If you don't think he was excellent last season, we'll agree to disagree.

We'll have to disagree then, he was a half season wonder and a half season flop.

Gezza

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 10, 2021, 08:51:10 PM
I do like the championship but yesterday was a real body blow. Sums up Parker's time in charge I felt and it's time for a change for all parties at the end of the season.

#HoweIn

I don't get the " Sums up Parker's time in charge " comment. He got us promoted in his 1st full year in charge.

Asotosyios

Quote from: HV71 on April 11, 2021, 08:47:03 AM
Quote from: Sammyffc on April 11, 2021, 08:33:01 AM

I really have tried not to feel like this - but I do - I just want to experience again that exciting football that got my ageing body out of my seat on so many occasions.

Totally agree with you, gentlemen.

Obviously I would rather watch Fulham in the Premier League rather than in the Championship, but watching Fulham playing attacking, entertaining football is more important than the division we are in.

What's the point of getting in the Premier League only to defend for 38 games? At least if we are to go down, let's do it in style while trying to win some games like Norwich did last year (or like Leeds did when they lost 6-2 at Old Trafford and everyone was having a go at Bielsa for not being more "pragmatic").

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

toshes mate

Probably the best performance of our first promotion under the Khans was Jokanovic's last game at Anfield.  Ranieri and Parker may have won games but they were far from convincing wins and the football was not uplifting.  When I started watching FFC I enjoyed the players, the team, the spirit, and took the rough (defeats) with the smooth (the football played).  Even good teams have bad days, and bad teams have good days. 

As a fan you hope your mind develops with age along the lines of removing your romantic attachment to a club from the hard thoughts about where a club is - in reality.  Under Parker we are in No Man's Land neither going forward nor back and stuck in a perpetual loop of mediocrity.  I am not optimistic about keeping Parker if we go down.  I am not even sure I'd retain him if we stay up.  He has not improved with age or opportunity and keeps repeating mistakes just like TK. 

I hope Khan Snr removes both of them and starts us off afresh for 21/22 with a set up behind the scenes that is actually able to stabilise our league position at the same time as delivering good performances and actually always build for the future with a solid permanent base rather than a boatload of loanees who are not going to be around for more than a season or so.  I'd rather see a half dozen games at the standard Jokanovic had his teams playing than a dozen safety first episodes of Parker where frustration grows eternal because you know the end product is not going to be achieved.   I don't like No Man's Land football or Yo-Yo's.   I want to see a team that delivers its promises at least more often than it doesn't.

bobby01

Quote from: toshes mate on April 21, 2021, 08:51:37 AM
Probably the best performance of our first promotion under the Khans was Jokanovic's last game at Anfield.  Ranieri and Parker may have won games but they were far from convincing wins and the football was not uplifting.  When I started watching FFC I enjoyed the players, the team, the spirit, and took the rough (defeats) with the smooth (the football played).  Even good teams have bad days, and bad teams have good days. 

As a fan you hope your mind develops with age along the lines of removing your romantic attachment to a club from the hard thoughts about where a club is - in reality.  Under Parker we are in No Man's Land neither going forward nor back and stuck in a perpetual loop of mediocrity.  I am not optimistic about keeping Parker if we go down.  I am not even sure I'd retain him if we stay up.  He has not improved with age or opportunity and keeps repeating mistakes just like TK. 

I hope Khan Snr removes both of them and starts us off afresh for 21/22 with a set up behind the scenes that is actually able to stabilise our league position at the same time as delivering good performances and actually always build for the future with a solid permanent base rather than a boatload of loanees who are not going to be around for more than a season or so.  I'd rather see a half dozen games at the standard Jokanovic had his teams playing than a dozen safety first episodes of Parker where frustration grows eternal because you know the end product is not going to be achieved.   I don't like No Man's Land football or Yo-Yo's.   I want to see a team that delivers its promises at least more often than it doesn't.

Totally agree with this. A thing I find unfair on people's comments on Slavs time in the premier league is that many go on and on about the team at the start of the year and how Parker improved our defence after being so called thrown under the bus with players. But, IMO, the purchases and loaners improved the defence , whereas I think Slav had a poor bunch to select from in his tenure despite the amount of money spent. I think by the Liverpool game we were moving in the right direction but he was not given a fair amount of time to progress, but just my opinion.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Dodger53

Whats the point of the Motspur Park training sessions on the club website. Loads of players buzzing around the box, that never actually happens. Goals that are 25 yds apart (if only in our case). If we are going to practice on non standard pitches it should be on double length pitches to help them understand about getting it from one end to the other end quickly, not on baby 5 a side pitches. No wonder they all love Scott and he can claim good squad togetherness, its easy street. I would rather they weren't all so pally and together and actually had to fight for a place with a critical manager, not a "I see how good they are on the training pitch" and "I can't criticise the effort" manager. Scott, I want you to criticise the effort and stop telling them how good you think they are, if we're not careful he will be signing RLC because of what he apparently does on the traing pitch, god help us.

Lighthouse

Well the point is football is a sport, Fulham are a club that you support or don't depending on your point of view. After all a point is the best Fulham will ever get in the Prem. You get good and bad days and games and life is hard and you die broken and devoid of hope and we start the whole thing over again. Does God exist or are we just figments of our own imagination?

On the other hand three's a crowd and Covid is a reason to hope we could have changed things but didn't.

Yes Fulham are frustrating but then so are fans expectations. Enjoy it while you can. Or don't. But the point is get what enjoyment you can out of it. If there is no enjoyment take up basket weaving instead.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope