watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley v Newcastle - we clearly need Burnley to win

Started by rebel, April 11, 2021, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Feeling very down watching Newcastle pull 6 points clear effectively slamming in the final nail.

Someone else has said " We are a Championship side" that occasionally plays with our emotions.
In our history we reached two major cup finals both of which we have lost.

What's that saying about abandoning all hope. 
Full time.... that's it
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RoyTund

This might at least might put the WBA gonna stay up madness to an end.

Rambler

Time to really focus on some prem quality players prepared to play championship football, trying to do what Newcastle did when they were relegated with the aim of not having to loan loads of players if we do get promoted again

bog

Fulham76

We can't rely on ourselves to pick up points, so it's irrelevant what every one else does.

KingofCheese

Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Worcesterwhite

We can't keep expecting other teams to lose, it's our own fault, we've had the chances in the last few games and bottled it, if we would have won on Friday it would have piled the pressure on Newcastle instead they knew they could take a huge step towards survival and unlike us took it!

Lordedmundo

So, Newcastle likely to reach 35 points by the last game of the season (assuming they beat Sheffield United and lose all the others).

We 'only' need to beat Burnley and Southampton to reach that target.  Alternatively, we could win one of those and get a miraculous win at Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd. Unfortunately, I just cannot see either scenario happening to be honest - I think more likely that Newcastle will pick up another couple of points elsewhere.

Also, only one goal now divides the teams with goal difference - so no longer as straightforward as being 3 points behind with one to play.

ALG01

newcastle hasve two top quality forwards and we have none. when they came on they turned todays game.

they have had a ridiculously poor season with internal strife bit in the end you have to have players of the appropriate quality throught the team and a management that is headed by professionals and not a mickey mouse amateur. parker had no chance this season.

rebel

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 11, 2021, 01:46:28 PM
Not sure what happened to us in the last 3 games - our performance level went right down. Zero points from 3 mid table teams - it's cost us.......

We had an unbeaten run of 6 / 7 matches, then lost to Man City, then have lost against Leeds, Villa and Wolves. After Man City we should had a continuation of the prior unbeaten run. 

Bill2

At this moment I am really fed up, it looks like Newcastle can do what we can't which is score goals. Their next 4 games are tough but so are ours, no matter who we play no one gives us a chance.
Scotty will have to change something but not sure he can and we don't have the players to do it anyway.

JimOG

Quote from: Rambler on April 11, 2021, 01:56:10 PM
Time to really focus on some prem quality players prepared to play championship football, trying to do what Newcastle did when they were relegated with the aim of not having to loan loads of players if we do get promoted again

A very good example of the way forward. They, Wolves (an exceptional case because of Mendes link) & Leeds show how important it is to have a core 7/8 of your own players who are Prem standard. I'm optimistic by nature probably but last summer's mass recruitment at least showed a scouting team with some nous. I don't know how many loanees will stay - I'd like Aina to stay - and with monies from Zambo & a few others we might be able to create a 'Newcastle' next year. By the way have a look at our U23 highlights v Villa. They like attacking & scoring. I'd forgotten the joys of it :003:

Jules

Yeah if it wasn't already done it is now after that result. I think we will get 3 or 4 more points this season which would not be enough anyway. Start planning for the championship. Decide if Scott stays or goes, which players we need, release the loan players, clear out the dead wood and get rebuilding asap to start the season well.

Baszab

Do you honestly think that there is anyone at FFC that is going to start "planning" FOR 2021/22

There wasn't even a plan when we went up

The only thing TK did was to go thru the players available on loan around Europe and decide on a few

That wasn't squad planning

We are now in a worse position than last relegation - and with a huge white elephant of a stand to finance - what on earth can be the Khans' exit plan ?

Nero

Tempest

Quote from: Nero on April 11, 2021, 02:53:00 PM
Can we sack Parker now?
Absolutely, but only if we can sack some "supporters" too. Feel free to follow Scott out the door if he goes.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

rebel

Newcastle are 6 points ahead and have 1 game ahead, they play West Ham next Saturday. If they lose and we beat Arsenal on Sunday, then they will be 3 points ahead with 1 game in hand. So providing those scenarios happen I am still optimistic.

Parker has been safe with tactics, we really need to play to our strengths. 

Riversider

I've been trying to tell you all for weeks that Newcastle wouldn't be going down,  would anyone listen , no !
They've got goals all over the pitch and were always going to have too much for us,
At least now some of the nonsense that gets posted on here can stop now, and thoughts can turn to the job in hand this summer, and the massive rebuild needed to make us competitive over 46 games next season,
As I keep saying we are a million miles away from being either the next Norwich or Watford.

LittleErn

So no pressure now. Parker should tell the team to go out and play for their pride and just enjoy themselves. Speed of releasing the ball when attacking is the key, though I fear it is too late now.

Nero

Quote from: Tempest on April 11, 2021, 02:59:50 PM

Quote from: Tempest on April 11, 2021, 02:59:50 PM
Can we sack Parker now?
Absolutely, but only if we can sack some "supporters" too. Feel free to follow Scott out the door if he goes.

Why should we, Parker as player for Fulham relegated Parker as Manager Relegated hes not good for this club went to Spurs as soon a s he could. Only just got us promoted with his dire sideways football. Hope he goes to somewhere else and  then you can see how poor manager he is
Can we sack Parker now?

Why would I want to follow him to see more dire football severed up.