more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro will say adios to Fulham - so get used to life without him

Started by 3 Cherries, April 16, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river phoenix

Quote from: cookieg on April 16, 2021, 09:12:59 AM
Given his lack of game time this season who would want him?

I can see him going to Europa League bound Spanish side like Sociedad or Betis.

ALG01

Quote from: filham on April 16, 2021, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 16, 2021, 09:58:26 AM
I do not think mitro will stay and to be honest i think it is time for a change. I love him like everyone but with him we are way to one dimensional and we need a fresh start.

If he stays we need to re think how we use him.
And if he goes we need to think how we replace him, that will not be at all easy and Cav. and Reid are not going to score goals even in the Championship.

I think that is true. We need to think how to repplace him. But for the long term i think we need a mega freshen up if we go down. Because we will surely lose the better players, and the others are not really good enough.

Sammyffc

Quote from: cookieg on April 16, 2021, 09:12:59 AM
Given his lack of game time this season who would want him?

Under scott....

on fire for his country

amazing what happens when a manager can get service to mitro

rebel

If we signed Tadic from Ajax, Mitro would be on 'fire', his body language would be different.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I can see Mitro, Andersen and Areola ending up at Aston Villa, or a similar level club, next season. Not out of the question for all 3 to go to Villa and get into the Europa League etc.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 16, 2021, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: filham on April 16, 2021, 09:16:53 AM
I assumes Mitro will still be under contract next season and I would expect us to put a £25m price tag on him, there may not be anyone interested at that price.

Good point but Fulham cannot afford to have him sulking on the sidelines for a whole season - maybe Red Star Belgrade or such like might come in for him - just cannot see him staying regardless of contracts

I'd rather sell him and keep Maja. Will be a positive move for the future. Mitro can't cut this level, perhaps Maja can over time. He'd score a lot in the Championship, like Mitro, but has had limited time with us. Might want to stay more than Mitro.

rebel

Maja scored against Everton, he hasn't been rewarded for his efforts, but the service has been lacking at times. Some bad luck too. Lemina handball, Rules changed after that.

Bill2

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 16, 2021, 01:42:18 PM
I can see Mitro, Andersen and Areola ending up at Aston Villa, or a similar level club, next season. Not out of the question for all 3 to go to Villa and get into the Europa League etc.
Think that Anderson and Areloa will be at better club than Villa as they will likely lose Grealish this summer. From the gossip in the media a number of clubs are looking at both especially Anderson.

vancouver

He's comfortable, and acts accordingly unfortunately. I'd imagine he would only look at a move to another London based club. 

RaySmith

Quote from: vancouver on April 16, 2021, 06:31:59 PM
He's comfortable, and acts accordingly unfortunately. I'd imagine he would only look at a move to another London based club. 

Apparently, he made a speech in the dressing room about how we need to battle  in the games left, and can stay up.
I think he was gutted to lose, and always wants to  score, and win games.

May want to stay in London  because of his son's schooling, but is obviously miles from home anyway, and  accepts that in the, very well remunerated,  trade he is in,  you often have to move home.
I'm sure he's ambitious and  wants to gain more success i what is a very short  career, though would probably ideally  love to have this at fulham.

Dougie

He has three years left on his contract, he doesn't have a relegation wage drop clause in his contract, his family is settled here, and he knows he can play in the Championship without jeopardising his place in the national side.

If he leaves Fulham, it will be because it is considered in our interests for him to do so.

Texas White

It's not been the same this year. Something just not quite right.
Breaking up is hard. But sometimes it's just time...

FFC1987

Personally, if we could get £25m for him still, I'd take it and look to invest in more mobile strikers. Mitro's not the answer under Parker. If Parker stays, we need strikers that will likely compete for EPL if we push on again.

Twig

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 16, 2021, 01:42:18 PM

Andersen and Areola will go to way better clubs than Villa. Are you serious?

Twig

I doubt we will get offers remotely close to £25 m for Mitro. He's been great for his country but his Prem track record has been poor. Maybe not all his fault but the fact remains that there is limited top level data to justify hefty bids.

So my question is; would you rather sell Mitro for a knockdown £10m or retain him???

SouthIslandWhite

I never cared for posts like this one.

If you have a link to a story, then fine say that, but don't have me read what looks to be a news based story only to discover that it is nothing more than theory and conjecture.

The fact is that nobody knows what Mitro is planning.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

3 Cherries

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on April 16, 2021, 08:44:54 PM

If you have a link to a story, then fine say that, but don't have me read what looks to be a news based story only to discover that it is nothing more than theory and conjecture.

The thought police - this isn't China - just as well you're not a forum moderator

deadcowboys

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 17, 2021, 09:07:38 AM

The thought police - this isn't China - just as well you're not a forum moderator

Hardly the thought police now is it? SouthislandWhite makes the very valid point in that you know Jack about Mitro's intentions for next year. He is under contract, he likes London & family settled, great mates with the bloke at Palace & not likely to receive a bit in excess of £20m anyway. Me thinks you may be a cherry short of a pie Sir.

TC's Sporran

3 Cherries

Quote from: deadcowboys on April 17, 2021, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 17, 2021, 09:07:38 AM

Hardly the thought police now is it? SouthislandWhite makes the very valid point in that you know Jack about Mitro's intentions for next year. He is under contract, he likes London & family settled, great mates with the bloke at Palace & not likely to receive a bit in excess of £20m anyway. Me thinks you may be a cherry short of a pie Sir.

Well if my 'opinion' ruffles your own conjecture of Mitro's future - what is wrong with that? He likes London so what - not sure about my cherry pie (prefer plumb crumble) but I reckon you'll both be eating humble pie come next season and that is a fact