watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro will say adios to Fulham - so get used to life without him

Started by 3 Cherries, April 16, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

Mitro will take flight and say adios to Fulham - including him in our future championship team is living in cuckoo land

And to be honest I can't see Scotty getting us promoted next season or ever - last year was a fluke - which came home to bite us hard

(would Brentford would have cocked it up so badly...?)

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

The Old Count

3 cherries aka the harbinger of doom posts again.

Thing is you're probably right mate.

cookieg

Given his lack of game time this season who would want him?

filham

I assumes Mitro will still be under contract next season and I would expect us to put a £25m price tag on him, there may not be anyone interested at that price.

3 Cherries

Quote from: filham on April 16, 2021, 09:16:53 AM
I assumes Mitro will still be under contract next season and I would expect us to put a £25m price tag on him, there may not be anyone interested at that price.

Good point but Fulham cannot afford to have him sulking on the sidelines for a whole season - maybe Red Star Belgrade or such like might come in for him - just cannot see him staying regardless of contracts

Mr White

:wow:
Quote from: filham on April 16, 2021, 09:16:53 AM

Yeah because he's not that great.

Twig

"Last season was a fluke"... in your opinion. As to Mitro"sulking on the sidelines" do you really think that a player of his ability wouldn't play regularly in the Championship if he were to stay.

Clever post though, conflated your anti Parker & anti Mitro opinion into a single post based on no analysis or factual support whatsoever.

ALG01

I do not think mitro will stay and to be honest i think it is time for a change. I love him like everyone but with him we are way to one dimensional and we need a fresh start.

If he stays we need to re think how we use him.

filham

Quote from: ALG01 on April 16, 2021, 09:58:26 AM
I do not think mitro will stay and to be honest i think it is time for a change. I love him like everyone but with him we are way to one dimensional and we need a fresh start.

And if he goes we need to think how we replace him, that will not be at all easy and Cav. and Reid are not going to score goals even in the Championship.

70sPimlico

Everything has a time and a cycle. I think now is about right.

rebel

H4usuallysitting

jeremyfulham

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 16, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

Mitro will take flight and say adios to Fulham - including him in our future championship team is living in cuckoo land

And to be honest I can't see Scotty getting us promoted next season or ever - last year was a fluke - which came home to bite us hard

(would Brentford would have cocked it up so badly...?)
Must be great in your world knowing it all. COYW

3 Cherries

Quote from: filham on April 16, 2021, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 16, 2021, 09:58:26 AM

And if he goes we need to think how we replace him, that will not be at all easy and Cav. and Reid are not going to score goals even in the Championship.

As has been alluded to in other threads, the whole team dynamic is going to have to change

Lordedmundo

As it stands - probably best for both him and the club if he moves on, provided we get a £20m plus for him.

However, I would rather get Kamara out of the door first, even if the fee is minimal.

Assuming both leave - we need two new strikers for next season.  I see Reid as a support striker and Cav as a winger, so no neither is the answer. I don't think Stansfield or Bowie will be ready for starts yet, but they should definitely get a go in cup games.

MikeTheCubed

Can't see a team stumping up an acceptable transfer fee and given the length of his contract we're not under pressure to sell at a reduced price.

A high-fee loan could be viable.

bill taylors apprentice

Pure speculation!
Of course most players come and go so obviously there's a chance he may leave.

But any reasoning would take account of the fact we have him under contract, he was mainly not playing this season as he was not fully fit for long periods, he enjoys the Serbian London community and he has a record of staying with clubs when relegated.

He knows from past experience that playing in the Championship will not effect his lace in the national team which is very important to him.
His lack of mobility will not hamper him in the championship but it will mean its unlikely a PL or top foreign team will want him.

So if a bigger club is not on the cards and the days of Chinese, Russian clubs etc waving loads of money at players are over why would he up root his family.
Were would he go for a big pay day?

If he leaves, fair enough but he will do a very good job for us in the championship even while rebuilding.