watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Arsenal

Started by love4ffc, April 16, 2021, 11:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

I think it will be interesting to see what team Scott fields for the Arsenal match.  I agree with a lot of you that Fulham must go for it for all the remaining matches.  For me that means Fulham need to play with no fear, be creative, change things up and not do the same the same things over and over.  In my mind that means don't just play long balls out of the back and putting the ball into the wings for nothing but crosses. 

Rather I would like to see a combination of random play that include long balls route one, direct midfield attacks that maybe produce shots from outside the box to test the keeper and overlapping wide play that produce not only crosses in the box but perhaps quick one touch passes leading to goal chances. 

While Fulham lost against Wolves I did like what I saw from Kongolo and Robinson.  It's a shame that Kongolo injured himself as I really liked what I saw.  Guessing that will mean Tosin is back as CB with Anderson.  Not saying that is a bad thing.  Though I am hoping that he will not try any fancy footwork in the back but rather just concentrate on defending. 

Staying consistent in my opinion I still have not seen a good reason to start and play RLC.  Yes, he can dribble the ball and win a foul here and there in a good attacking area but that's not enough for him to be starting. 

Hoping that Lookman is healthy and can play, I would like to see Fulham play a 442 with Mitro and Maja working up top together.  I really think that could be a strong partnership that could produce goals.  So, with that in mind here is what I would like to see for the starting XI. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Riversider

Fabio Cavalho was left out of the U23 squad today so hopefully (after long last) he is going to get a place in the squad on Sunday.

love4ffc

Quote from: Riversider on April 16, 2021, 11:24:57 PM
Fabio Cavalho was left out of the U23 squad today so hopefully (after long last) he is going to get a place in the squad on Sunday.
Now that would be interesting to see. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

Agree that Parker has to change tactics in order to produce goals so would like to sea a 4-4-2 line up with Maja playing off Mitro up front and wide players capable of putting good balls into the box.

Areola
                                                    Tete          Andersen     Tosin      Aina

Anguissa             Reed         Lemina         Lookman

Maja       Mitro

Asotosyios

Areola
Tete - Andersen - Tosin - Aina
                    Reed
BDR - Lemina - Anguissa - Bryan
                 Mitrovic

roberto w6

Assuming Lookman is injured and using nos. 1 to 11 that those of you over 40 will understand in a 4-4-2:

1. Areola

2. Tete
5. Andersen
6. Tosin
3. Aina

7. BDR
4. Reed
8. Anguissa (or Lemina depending who performs better in training this week)
11. Bryan

9. Mitrovic
10. Maja

And half-time substitutions of those who look off-form after 45'

JimmyConway

Would look at attacking the left back position of Arsenal as they have had Xakha playing in that position the last couple of games. Must be someone who don't mind getting clobbered now and again.
BDR would probably be up for the battle as oppose to a couple of the others. If Lookman not fit then perhaps Robinson more advanced to keep the right back in check.
Would like to see RLC up front in a two with Mitrovic. Arsenal not the most physical of teams so might be able to ruff them up a bit and give them something to consider.

grandad

Whoever Scotty selects, please not RLC. Can´t head, can´t shoot, can´t assist. His stats are the worst in the Club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: roberto w6 on April 17, 2021, 11:44:11 AM
Assuming Lookman is injured and using nos. 1 to 11 that those of you over 40 will understand in a 4-4-2:

1. Areola

2. Tete
5. Andersen
6. Tosin
3. Aina

7. BDR
4. Reed
8. Anguissa (or Lemina depending who performs better in training this week)
11. Bryan

9. Mitrovic
10. Maja

And half-time substitutions of those who look off-form after 45'

Agree with this.  And please, please no RLC (not even on the bench!).

filham

Parker stated that Lookman is fit so I think a place has to be fond for him.

clarkey

Any of these teams look fine but Parker will have to select Cav and RLC he knows no other way. Probably play BDR at full back again, and as many CDM's as he can squeeze in.
Be amazed if he starts with two forwards.Maja unlikely to start in Parker world.

Caedal

Play the U21 team. They can't do worse than the performances we've witnessed since the Liverpool game

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Tete Hector Tosin Robinson

Cavaleiro Reed Anguissa Bryan

Mitrovic Reid

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Rodak is long term injured. Also interesting to see that Betts has been dropped after a couple of howlers.

Rodak

Tete Hector Tosin Robinson

Cavaleiro Reed Anguissa Bryan

Mitrovic Reid

Lordedmundo

Areola

Tete
Andersen
Tosin
Robinson

Lemina
Anguissa
Reed

Reid
Mitro
Lookman

Maja for Mitro at half time if he is not in the game

Ditto Bryan for Robinson - if he is not overlapping and getting decent crosses in.

rebel

Quote from: JimmyConway on April 17, 2021, 12:13:56 PM
Would look at attacking the left back position of Arsenal as they have had Xakha playing in that position the last couple of games. Must be someone who don't mind getting clobbered now and again.
BDR would probably be up for the battle as oppose to a couple of the others. If Lookman not fit then perhaps Robinson more advanced to keep the right back in check.
Would like to see RLC up front in a two with Mitrovic. Arsenal not the most physical of teams so might be able to ruff them up a bit and give them something to consider.

I'd play someone that can annoy Xakha, he has a short fuse and we could do with a man advantage. We need players running at him with the ball and then take advantage from free kicks. 

rebel

Quote from: Lordedmundo on April 17, 2021, 06:20:46 PM
Areola

Tete
Andersen
Tosin
Robinson

Lemina
Anguissa
Reed

Reid
Mitro
Lookman

Maja for Mitro at half time if he is not in the game

Ditto Bryan for Robinson - if he is not overlapping and getting decent crosses in.

I said on another thread, 4-3-3, we need to show intent, we need to win this match.

Moltobueno

Areola

Aina      Andersen   Tosin

Tete        Lemina      Reed   Anguissa    Lookman

Maja      Mitrovic

Subs: 60' Robinson for Tete (Lookman moves to right wing), 75' RLC for Zambo, 80' BDR for Mitrovic

MikeTheCubed

Agree with notions that we should focus more on those who are contracted for next season.

(Andersen & Areola the exceptions in this case)

Mullers OG

Time for a bit of experimentation with next year in mind.

Areola

Tete. Andersen. Tosin. Bryan

Lemina.   Reed.
            Carvalho.

Cavaleiro. Mitrovic.  Stansfield

Bring on Robinson, Anguissa, DReid etc if need be. It's time some of the academy successes were given their chance. I